I'm Sending You Back...

I'm Sending You Back...

A Chapter by Courtney
"

Chapter 5 of 'I'm watching Over You'

"

 

I’m Sending You Back…
Two months passed and almost every morning went like the first. Almost exactly the same. School wasn’t fun either, not just for me because technically it was my second time attending school. But, everyone picked on Daniel, because of his family. Bullies would steal his lunch money, and push him around. It took every ounce of strength I had in my body not to punch them in the face. I felt so bad for Daniel; he didn’t deserve any of this. Over the time that he was getting bullied around, we really bonded. Well, in like a brother sister kind of way. Or so Daniel says.
                After the first couple of days, Daniel was asking so many questions… that I just let him read the rule book. It took him a week because the rule book is as thick as a dictionary, maybe thicker… After that, all the questions stopped, because he knows everything, even what to say if you want to send your angel back to heaven. I regretted showing him the rule book. One of the most important rules in the rule book is: If you interfere with your person’s natural or intended death in order to save them, you die in their place and you will not be reincarnated. That rule I hated the most, because I was developing feelings for Daniel and I would do anything for him. Anything. So, that one night that he sat me down and talked about dying… I was so scared.
                “You… want to die?” I asked him, shock plainly showed up on my face. “Yes…” He said slowly. “There is nothing worth living for, I have no friends, my dad abuses me, I don’t get to see my mom because most of the time she is away trying to work to bring home money, and my life is miserable.” He said as he fell backwards onto his bed. I was standing in the middle of his room shaking. “You can’t die…” I said as I shook my head, my black hair brushing my shoulders. “You just can’t.” He looked at me with no emotion in his dark brown eyes. “I can… and I will, and there is nothing you can do to stop me.” He said, his eyes looking fiercely into mine. “As long as I’m here I’ll stop you.” I said with an edge to my voice. Mistake. “As far as I’m concerned…” He said with a triumphant tone to his voice. “I can send you back whenever I want.” He said smiling, a cruel smile. “You wouldn’t…” I said as I glared at him. He slowly got up and made his way to his desk. “No…” I whispered to myself. He started flipping through the rulebook looking for the right section. “Daniel you can’t!” I cried taking a step toward the desk. “I love you…” I whispered. His eyes held surprise and guilt at the same time. He looked back to the rulebook. “I’m sorry,” he said as he looked down. “But I have to do this…” He said sadly as he looked into my eyes. “Sophia…” He started to say. “No no no…” I whispered to myself. “I hereby send you back to heaven.” “No!” I cried as an invisible force started pulling me toward the door.


© 2008 Courtney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on September 21, 2008


Author

Courtney
Courtney

none of ur buisness u stalker ppl!!!!!, MA



About
Hola ppls!! My name is Courtney, and I love to write. Mostly when im bored... >.> more..

Writing
Mask Mask

A Poem by Courtney