Agony

Agony

A Poem by Deandra Dawn

AGONY



Agonizing wisdom
giving way to a naïve mind
descending knowledge
formed from twisted lies
truth seeks a willing target
the tongue scorned by the message
impermissible values
forcing a hand in deviant perspective

© 2012 Deandra Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Often the least said the better. Especially when thinking about agony. Truth certainly does seek a willing target and there are plenty of those to be had.

Your writing is very good, deeply meaningful with an air of mystery. Nothing agonising about that!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This has nice imagery. I like it. Good work

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this, deep and profound

Posted 12 Years Ago



For such a short poem this has some real twists in in..juxtaposed almost, one line to the other...

Nicely written...the last line is a good closer..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I always admire those who can say more with less...which you have done here. I had to read through it three times and think about what you were saying. Very powerful and multiple meanings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cleverly done Deandra.every word chosen is perfect. Nothing wasted and written with style.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this piece has an excellent pattern of near-rhyme, and opens with a standout image about the burden of knowledge. the idea that knowledge can falter downward through deceit, then seeking a "willing target" of closed mindedness. this piece, to me, seems to tie off with the idea that closed-mindedness is the main contributor to deviance. this deviance, situation regardless, is what appears to cause the agony. the near-rhyme scheme seems to do a good job mimicking the idea that deviance prevents cohesion. this is creative imagery throughout.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2012
Last Updated on April 24, 2012
Tags: agony, dark, deandra dawn

Author

Deandra Dawn
Deandra Dawn

Orlando, FL



About
My name is Deandra Dawn and I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I also go by the name, Ravishing Raven, and I am currently reworking my website. What else is there to know when there .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Essence Essence

A Poem by Deandra Dawn