Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by DareToDream

Teagan

“Are you listening?” Julie asked, slightly annoyed.

“yeah…I’m sorry,” I stammered, “Did you see that?” I asked her. She stood there, a hand on her hip, looking at me like I’m crazy.

“See what?” she asked slowly.

“He just left with her!” I explained impatiently.

“You’re stuck on that?!” she sighed, sitting in the chair next to me, “Talk to me baby girl.”  She said sympathically.

“No, I’m sorry to interrupt you, continue with your story…” I sighed. However she was not deterred;

“You like him. The fact that he just left to sleep with a girl he JUST met is killing you. Teagan, just tell him how you feel.” She very annoyingly simply stated.

“Julie, it’s not like that, I’ve known Tommy a long long time, of course I care about him. But he doesn’t like me like that, I’m not his type of girl.” I explained, trying to rub the tension out of my temples.

“Honey, you just gotta talk to him. It’s the only way, oh and get rid of that filthy a*s boy…what’s his name?” She said a disgusted look on her face. I couldn’t help but smile at her complete distaste in Jake.

Twelve o clock rolled around, I was completely exhausted, dancing every hour always took a lot out of me. I quickly changed out of my dress and back into my street clothes. I then headed towards the bar to help Mac clean up, then he always insists on walking me back to the apartment.

I grabbed a towel and started spraying down the bar when Mac turned towards me;

“You ever think you’re working too hard?” He asked, leaning on the bar.

“Gotta pay rent.” I simply responded.

‘You talk to your parents?” He questioned quietly. I set the rag down as my parents faces came into my mind. I turned away from Mac before he could see the tears building up in my eyes. Suddenly he was standing behind me, rubbing my shoulders.

“I didn’t mean to upset you.” He said, resting his chin on the top of my head, “It’s just you’ve been here for a year and a half now; you’re working this job and two others while going to school and keeping up your own place. I don’t understand how you do it; are your parents not helping you out? I’m just trying to understand…” He desperately explained. I turned so I could look him directly in the eyes. His kind, concerned green eyes looked back at me. I knew I could trust him, after all I have known him for a year and a half, he’s been like a father to me.

“Mac,” I began quietly; a barely audible whisper. “A year and a half ago there was a really bad accident on the highway that leads into the city…”

“A truck driver was driving drunk and hit a car…” he quietly stated, finishing my sentence.

“The two people in the car didn’t live,” I added, “I’ve been on my own since.”

 

Tommy

                I walked into her apartment cold, and lonelier than before. I made my way to her room; there she was sleeping sprawled out over the bed. I stood there for a bit, I didn’t wanna wake her. She rolled over, briefly opening her eyes.

‘Tommy, is that you?” she asked sleepily.

“Yes, it’s me, go back to sleep.” I said, pulling the blanket over her. She sighed and turned over. I stood there, leaning against the doorframe watching her like a freak…but she just looked so vulnerable, I just wanted to wrap my arms around her. Frustrated at the sudden softness I seemed to have whenever she was around, I went to the kitchen and grabbed a beer and drank myself to sleep…well these days they call it passing out.

 

Teagan

                The alarm went off at 6:00 am I immediately headed to the bathroom for a nice hot shower. Afterwards I used a blow-dryer to dry my and then put on just a tad bit of makeup. I searched through my closet for something to wear…I was just going to school so I chose a tank-top, jeans, and a cute necklace and hoop earrings topped off with just a simple pair of heels.

I headed to the living room to tell Tommy I was leaving for class, but instead I found him asleep at the kitchen table; he was slumped over, a beer still in his hand.

 

Tommy

                I woke up with a pounding headache at the damn kitchen table. Rubbing my eyes I began to get up that’s when I noticed the note. In pink writing it read;

                Tommy, I have class from seven to nine, then work from nine fifteen to one forty five so I’ll be home around two-ish, if you get bored go hang out with Josh in apartment 215, he’s a cool guy..

-      Love Teagan xoxo”

 

Next to the note was a bottle of Advil. Smiling I took some for my headache.

 

Teagan

      I love Psychology but I was never one for sitting in a desk for long periods of time, I was so relieved when I got a text; it was from one of Jake’s best friends, it read;

-Wat the hell is going on??-

            Confused I texted back;

-wat do you mean? I’m at class right now…-

            He responded;

-You got a guy hangn w/ you last night?-

            Sighing I answered;

-yeah, he’s just a guy friend, y?-

            It took him about five minutes to respond so I took that time to catch up on notes that I was missing.

-okay well Jake’s not happy about it. He’s saying ur not being a good gf-

            As soon as I got that text, I was so mad, Jake always does this; has his friends get in our business. He could’ve just texted me himself.

            The minute class was over I headed outside to where Lupe was waiting in the cab.

            “How was class?” He asked.

            “It was alright. Hey, thanks for bringing Tommy home last night.” I stated quietly.

            “Anytime.”



© 2010 DareToDream


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another awesome chapter and i felt so sorry for Teagen! Keep it up!! :)

BTW, i swear i commented on this chapter a few days ago, and i came back to see if you had added another chapter and i couldn't find my second comment so i wrote it out again. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010


Author

DareToDream
DareToDream

IL



About
what can I say, I'm a writer. thats about all you need to know. If you're a writer yourself, you should understand : p I'm 18 years old and Im addicted to this site. if you want me to review your work.. more..

Writing
hookup hookup

A Poem by DareToDream