Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by DareToDream

Teagan

            Work at the store today was slow, probably because of the rain. I was folding and refolding clothes towards the back of the store to make myself look busy when I got a text from Julie, she was up front cashiering.

--the butt crack just walked in, heads up"

            I didn’t even have time to laugh, as soon as I glanced up he was strutting down the aisle towards me. I kept folding and refolding as he walked up. He looked really good today, I couldn’t help but notice; he wore a tight- fitting Abercrombie shirt that showed his built body, his blond hair messily spilled onto his face, partially covering his dark blue eyes. He also has an amzing smile, but apparently he wasn’t treaing me to it today. He just simply stood there, he pulled out his phone and started texting, then when he was finished he slapped it shut and shoved it in his jeans pocket.

“So, babe, whats up?” He asked.

“I’m…working.” I explained, “Can I help you?” I asked, confused. In the three months we’ve dated, not once has he ever vistited me at work, not even at the bar.

            He clearly was uncomfortable, he stood there, shifting his weight from foot to foot and he shoved his hands in his pockets, then shoved them out again.

“Look, its just making me look really bad when you have a guy…that’s not me, staying in your apartment. I mean, what do you think people are thinking?” he suddenly blurted out. I stopped floding and looked up at him. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Julie, hanging clothes o n a rack, clearly listening in on what he said.

            “Jake, are you serious?” I began, “you do realize that you came to MY work, confronted Me about what people are thinking of YOU? Jake, don’t you know me well enough to know that Id never cheat on you?” I asked him, actually really hurt by what he said.

            “Babe,” he said as if consoling me, “I know youd never cheat on me.” He explained pulling me into a hug, “but its just the guys are saying that I’m not being a good boyfriend. I’m not keeping an eye on you. Tell you what, I’ll take you to dinner tonight, wear the pink dress I got you.” He stated, kissing me on the cheek then swiftly walking away.

            “You do realize that whatever the hell he just said makes no sense, right?” Julie asked, coming towards. “I say you wear the blue dress I bought you for your birthday, that’ll really piss him off.” She said, laughing.

 

Tommy

            Josh walked in around lunch time carrying two pizzas, he scared the s**t outta me; walking in like he owned the f*****g place. He actually turned out to be really cool, like Teagan said. He reminded me of a little kid that always had a smile on his face. His easy, laid back style made him easy to talk to; he was the type of person that never once brought back what you were saying to himself.

            By the time Teagan walked in, Josh and I were engrossed in a deep conversation about how life’s mysteries can actually be solved, but only with the help of beer. There’s not a lot of people I actually like, but Josh is initely one of them.

 

Teagan

            The two of them were sitting on the couch, stuffing pizza in their faces and laughing histerically as I walked in. it was the first time I saw Tommy without a beer in hand.

            “Hey guys.” I called as I walked into the kitchen.

            “Teagan!” Josh exclaimed, jumping off the couch and pulling me into a hug, “how was work?” he asked.

            “Long, and kinda weird. Jake showed up an asked me to dinner tonight.”

            “woah, now its getting serious.” He said with a smirk.

            “yeah. He’s gunna be here soon to pick me up, so you guys are on your own tonight for dinner.”

 

Tommy

            She explained, suddenly looking very tired. Josh shot me a look; Jake had been one of our topics of conversation, Josh hates him, and well he seems to be a pretty reliable guy so I trust his judgment about him.

            She mumbled something about taking a nap bfore he came to pick her up and she disappeared into her bedroom. Josh returned to the couch.

            “That means you get to meet him!” he said, a smirk on his face.

           

            About an hour later, the door opened and in walked in an Abercrombie model, it was so ridiculous, I almost laughed. To add to my humor, he was actually wearing an Abercrombie shirt AND shorts. He had that walk that guys have when their arms are too muscular and they hang out awkwardly away from their side.

            He acknowledged us with a narrowed glare, then went straight to the kitchen and opened her fridge.

            “She has to pay for everything in that f*****g fridge; he has no right to be touching any of it.” Josh said, following him into the kitchen.

 

Teagan

            I was going to put on another coat of mascara but then heard yelling…walking into the kitchen I found all of them screaming over each other, well except for Tommy, he was just leaning in the door way smirking.

            “What is going on?” I asked. Suddenly the kitchen went silent as the three of them noticed me standing in the doorway.

 

Tommy

            Her gaze studied each of our faces before she looked down, clearly bashful. She wore a dark pink sundress that hugged her body and was really short so it showed off her tan, skinny legs. On her neck she wore a necklace with a pink diamond that I recall giving her for her birthday last year. Her heair was let down and flowed naturally around her shoulders. But it was her eyes that held me captivated; the way she had done her makeup, they were just too breath-takingly…stunning.

            “Do I look okay?” she asked in a whisper, slowly raising her eyes to meet mine.

            “You look great, babe.” Jake said, stepping forward and wrapping his arm around her slim waist. She was still looking at me, though, as if still waiting for an answer.

            “You look beautiful.” I responded quietly, earning myself a glare from Jake.

            “Babe, that’s a nice necklace, is that one I got for you?” He asked, steering her out of the kitchen. As she walked past me, she smiled and winked, touching the diamond at her neck.

            “nope.”

 

 



© 2010 DareToDream


Author's Note

DareToDream
please excuse my spelling and grammer mistakes : )

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, u can tell they look each other. She directly asked Tommy how she looked instead of her boyfriend. i'm guessing jake can't take a hint. ;)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


good chapter, keep it moving

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hey its me reviewing again! So is josh the driver of Teagan?

I'm still totally engrossed in the story. Yet another excellent chapter :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

DareToDream
DareToDream

IL



About
what can I say, I'm a writer. thats about all you need to know. If you're a writer yourself, you should understand : p I'm 18 years old and Im addicted to this site. if you want me to review your work.. more..

Writing
hookup hookup

A Poem by DareToDream



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


So Tired... So Tired...

A Poem by A.Lee


Servant Girl Servant Girl

A Poem by A.Lee


In The Forest In The Forest

A Poem by A.Lee