The Saint of San Alejandro / Skull pt 3

The Saint of San Alejandro / Skull pt 3

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez
"

Cesar, Juan, and Han, prepare for battle, and maybe their inevitable destination.

"

EXT. SMALL TOWN, ROOF - CONTINUOUS 


Chu and Gomez are fighting an unknown being.  


Chu gets sent to the floor.  


Gomez blitzes and the bits we see of the creature (Duelist) are him blocking and almost toying with Gomez. 


Gomez is dropped a decent distance far away. He looks out.  

Chu grabs a machete. The creature responds by taking out a spear.  


Gomez staggers up. 


GOMEZ

Follow my lead. 


Chu nods.  


Gomez runs in and the two of them flank the creature trying to push it back. The creature has its wrist blades out but is not using them. Rather it is allowing the hand on hand to continue.  


We see the fire in Chu’s eyes. The creature slaps the machete out of Chu’s hands. Grabs Gomez with one hand, lifts and snaps his neck, throws him down in one motion. 


Chu lost his fire.  


The creature expands his wrist blades, and walks towards Chu who now is becoming more and more a shell, the quit growing within him. 


He looks at the Duelist predators face, the camera picking up a very minimal amount of its features. 


They stare eye to eye and the creature makes a movement with its bladed arm. There is a pause, Chu’s head comes off and the body drops.  


The creature roars in victory. 


EXT. LORENZO’S MANSION - AFTERNOON 


A car is pulling up to a compound. The compound gates open, and the care continues on. We are following the car as we see men with guns. People loading up a truck. A few kids playing tag, and ultimately a giant huddle on the left side of the massive compound. The car stops and Han gets out. 


We look at Han, a face and a gaze that says so much, but he needs say very little. This is a man with a mission. 

In the huddle, there is an pit where Cesar is fighting the 

locals. This is sport to them. 


The crowd is cheering for blood. Cesar has a little scraps on him, but two guys are walking off. 


We see how scary Cesar can be as he throws a guy over him and slams a boot into his neck, more of a gesture for the enemy to surrender. 

LOSER

I surrender. 


Cesar lets the guy go. 


People start exchanging money, the gambling has come to an end. 


Han shows up. 


JUAN 

So, are there any other challengers for our champion? 


Cesar makes contact with Han. 


CESAR 

Han, my friend. Do you want to come down and join me? 


JUAN 

Hey Han, what brings you here? 


HAN 

We need to be ready. Speak to me when you’re done drilling the men. 


Cesar looks up, contemplating. 


JUAN 

You okay buddy? 


CESAR 

Everyone in line! 


The specators start to dust up and get ready. 

As they start to file out in the court yard Juan walks up to Cesar. 


JUAN 

We going to be sending them off? 


CESAR 

Those are the orders. Those bandits still have a stronghold just north of San Alejandro, we need to make sure they are driven out completely. 


JUAN 

Looks like the boss is not wanting any... 


CESAR 

We might be going to war, we need to have full focus. No distractions, a small gang might be problematic for us. 


The last of the line is complete. Two boys look worse for the rare. 


Cesar walks up to them, looks like he wants to eat them. He then extends his hand out to them. 


CESAR (CONT’D)

It was a good fight. Keep getting stronger. 


They nod after shaking hands. Respect being traded. 


CESAR (CONT’D) 

There is a compound, used to belong to the local natives some hundred years ago in the mountains north of San Alejandro. You get quite the view of it from there. Yesterday, we were able to kill off their chain of command. What’s left are some disorganized men, bandits, not even worth sharing the air with us. They wish for us to kill them and you will be sent in to wipe them out. You leave in five hours. Rest, eat, and live with no regrets until then.

 

He slaps his hands together and instantly they pull apart. 


HAN 

With s****y speeches like that, it's a surprise they follow you. 


CESAR 

I believe in bleeding along my comrades.  


JUAN 

Don’t bleed too much it's bad for your health. 


CESAR 

Bleeding shows you fought. Unless you are a coward. You are not a coward right Juan? 


HAN 

Chu and Gomez are dead. Their bodies are being brought in to be buried. I would not look at them if I were you. 


Perhaps a manly tear is shed, or its a moment of contemplation. 


CESAR 

(Not a question) 

How. 


HAN 

They were decapitated. 


Juan looks in shock and takes a step back. He genuflects and then rises. 


JUAN 

Chupacabra? 


HAN 

Do you believe in such things? 


JUAN 

He is coming for us. 


CESAR

 Who? 


JUAN 

The chupacabra. 


HAN 

I do admit that if this is a serial killer, a cold blooded... 


CESAR 

I saw him, or so I think I did. 


HAN

The creature. 


CESAR 

It tried to hide from me. If it killed Chu and Gomez, we will kill it. 


JUAN

I saw him too. 


They both stare at him. 


CESAR 

It is a trick of the light. We aren’t being stalked by any weird creature. 


HAN 

Then how do you explain what happened to Gomez and Chu? 


EXT. HELICOPTER - EVENING 

There is a set of them flying into the distance, the one in the rear is headed by our surviving heroes. 


INT. HELICOPTER 


JUAN 

You think the boys will be good by themselves? 


CESAR 

We have stormed strongholds before. The new guys need the experience and it's good to see them carry their own weight. 


HAN 

I was not paid to fight all of your battles.  


CESAR

See? 


JUAN 

The Sanchez people, we should be hitting them? 


HAN 

I have been thinking about that. I agree with Mr. Lorenzo, we need them to make the first move. 


JUAN 

And if the first move wipes us out? 


HAN 

We have enough territory and stations, we would be able to prep a counter manuever within moments. 


JUAN 

But what if they take this as an act of war? 


CESAR 

Killing bandits that overlooks a city we by definition protect? 


HAN 

They will get theirs soon enough.  

There is silence. 


JUAN 

Isn’t this were you say you are in a tequila mood when we get home? 


Cesar looks to the empty spots in the helicopter, where Gomez and Chu might be at a given moment. 


CESAR 

No. No more drink until we avenge them. 


HAN 

How do you propose that? The Chupacabra is... 


CESAR 

Your people don’t believe in the Chupacabra. 


HAN 

We have a history of believing in demons and fiends though. What is one more local myth to the list? 


CESAR 

If this thing kills the two of you, where do you want me to bury you Han? Your home in China? 


HAN 

I am paid too much to let myself die. 


CESAR 

Today this one chapter comes to an end. 


The sounds of fire.  


EXT. BANDIT FORTRESS 

Rockets and bullets are being sprayed. Teams are descending from the helicopters and moving in.  


The Helicopter our heroes are in is descending. 


They come out of the helicopter, carrying guns, but not really looking like they are part of the battle, rather the battle 

exists in a different plane of existence. 


CESAR 

(on a headset) 

We are invading their nest. Casualties? 


VOICE

 None sir. 


CESAR

 Boss? 


LORENZO 

(voice only) 

Good work. Any signs of the Sanchez gang? 


Cesar looks around. 


JUAN 

We were clear on our approach and I didn't hear anything since they cleared out of San Alejandro yesterday. 


CESAR 

We are good boss. 


LORENZO 

Watch yourselves. I lost two of you last night. I will not lose another. 


Cesar signs off by putting it down.  


A loud voice can be heard coming from in the window of the main building. It is a bandit who is without weapon, and without fight. 


BANDIT 

I surrender. Please don’t. 


A final bullet ring and the bandit dies. A second later, loud roars of cheers ring.  


HAN 

We have trained them well. The base seems to be ours.  


INT. BANDIT FORTRESS 

The trio walk in, looking at the aftermath.  

They stop at a crate of weapons. These weapons are more primal and less high tech. They however do include guns, machine guns, and side arms.  


HAN 

I do not believe we need these. 


CESAR

A little proud are we? 


HAN 

Our weapons are superior and we would look shameful carrying something from the 80’s. 


JUAN 

Spoils of war man. 


CESAR 

We could sell them? 


HAN 

Lorenzo doesn't deal with weapon selling. That would put us on a scary world terrorist list. 


Cesar looks at the crates. He feels tension as he wants to grab one. 


CESAR 

I do not believe these are meant for us. 


HAN 

One of your feelings? 


JUAN 

I have a feeling. 


HAN

What’s that? 


Juan looks at the setting sun through the window. 


JUAN 

It’s more of a calling. Remember you and Carlos? 


CESAR 

The wannabe kingpin. We fought. 


JUAN 

The Duel. You killed him in a duel. You remember how you said you had a feeling before you had the challenge? 


CESAR

 Yes? 


HAN 

Let's go report home. 


They walk out.  


EXT. BANDIT FORTRESS 

Cesar walks to the side with Han. 


CESAR 

(on headset) 

Base is ours, we found some antiquities. Do you want us to bring them in?

 

We trail off as we follow Juan. Who is watching the sunset. Smelling the air, a man who feels like it is his last day on Earth. 


CESAR (CONT’D) 

(in the back) 

Alright, we are going home. 


An alien-ish object falls to the ground. If anything it is more shot to the ground like a dart. It lands infront of Juan. 


Juan turns around, tries his best to look tough, when in reality he is trying to give his friends a good bye smile. 


JUAN 

I think I am going to walk. 


CESAR

 What? 


JUAN 

I am in the mood for some peaceful scenery, I’ll catch a ride. 


Han walks into the helicopter. Cesar is thinking, perhaps putting it together. 


Cesar walks into the helicopter. 


We see a Predators view as the helicopter takes off the ground, the creature focusing on the remaining person. 


INT. HELICOPTER 

We see the two remaining heroes, and a mostly empty helicopter. 


Cesar and Han share a look.  


EXT. HELICOPTER 

It flies off into the distance.  



© 2015 Daniel Rodriguez


Author's Note

Daniel Rodriguez
This segment will probably be highly touched up when I compile the entire San Alejandro act as one segment. By now I hope you feel, if I succeded, in kind of knowing each characters personality outside of just whoopin ass. Feedback and constructive criticisms are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 21, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2015
Tags: action, screenplay, script, Predator, adventure


Author

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello, my name is Daniel Antonio Rodriguez and I am a wannabe writer. I am 27 years old and have been actively writing for the past 12-13 years. I enjoy writing scripts and breaking out into niche gen.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez