RW Chapter One.

RW Chapter One.

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

"Eleanora!" My mother screemed. Her bellowing voice woke me up in a harsh way. I sat up straight-backed on my bed, with large, started eyes. "You're going to be late!"

 

I blinked, then shoved off the covers to my bed slowly. Then, like a snail, I started to get up, and get ready. I felt like a walking zombie, or like I was sleep walking. Still lethargic, my eyes were starting to see things. I saw a little brown thing scampering across my tan floor. I shook my head and convinced myself that I was just seeing things. I walked down the hall and towards the dining room, where my mother was just yappping and talking about how lazy I am, how slow I am. Just practicaly saying that I'm useless. It didn't bother me anymore; I was used to it by now. When she started to do that, I just pulled myself into my own world and started making my lunch. I know. I'm an eight year old third grader who makes her own lunch. Then it happened again. in the kitchen. Just as I was getting my lunch box, I saw another brown thing scramble across the floor.

 

I did a very lodgical thing. I screamed. I screamed at the top of my lungs. Interrupting my mother. I don't think she even noticed. No, instead, she kept yapping along, pretending nothing happened.  The usual, forgetful Mom that I know. Perfect beginning to the perfect day, don't you think?

 

But wait. It gets better than that. I walk to my bus stop and go to school. Blah, blah, blah. My usual morning commensed without any unusual brown things sturring around. Until, that is, Lunch. I had a ham and cheese sandwich and a juice box and a rat.  A rat squeeked in my lunch box and leaped up into my face. I screamed. No one noticed. Then, I thought for sure I was dreaming, because that stinky rat spoke. Yes, I mean spoke. English, to be specific. That rat spoke plain English. Plain English without an accent. Perfect English. A rat, speaking perfect English, in my Lunch box!

 

"Eleanora," The rat squeaked. I screamed. The people around me still have yet to notice me screaming. What's wrong with them, I began to wonder. "Eleanora, come with me. There's a rat who'd like to see you." I screamed and ran away. The rat caught up. "Eleanora," it said, "Turn right."

 

I did the exact opposite. I turned left, and ran right out of the school. I know, I know. It's a bit of me that doesn't make sense, but I have a deathly fear of Rats. I hate them. They'll be the death of me. Quite literally.

 

__~*@*~__

 

I couldn't go back in to the school, nor could I go home. They locked the door at the school from the outside, and my mother's... Well, you know how she is. SO what do I do? I ran to a bridge over water and began to sit down, heavily winded.

 

Unfortunately, there was something waiting for me there. Yes, there was another one of those discusting talking rotten rodents. This one was black, but still equally annoying, equally discusting, equally ugly.

 

"Eleanor!" It screamed. I hated the name Eleanor. You either call me EleanorA, NorA, or die. I picked up the nearest rock and threw it at the black rat to show him my name is Eleanora. Then, I ran quickly away. "EleanorA!" the rat emphazized the a. 

 

I ran away, even faster to escape my death of talking rodent rats.



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
So, prologue and chapter one done today! I'm on a roll. Mom, maybe this'll be your christmas gift instead of your birthday. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the makeshift divider in the middle! It actually looks pretty fancy. What's wrong with rats! They are just ugly and misunderstood rodents. I actually think they're cute. I like the writing in this and the plot is interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wanna know what the rats have to say! Though I agree with her, I am definitely afraid of rats, unless in a cage. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Definitely something different! lol You write exceptionally well for an 8 year old hehe

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 2, 2011


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing