Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak

Chapter 1

Genesis

 

It was a moonlit night in the village of Krîn, everybody was excited. The winds were also showing their jolliness by howling to their hearts’ content. It was the dawn of a new age, of a new era. Whole prophecies were about to unfold, unwinding and removing themselves from the tortuous forms that they were in.

 

Legend had it that a boy with godly powers would be born on that day. Boy, how right the legend was! The villagers had crowded around the house of the Headman of the village.

However, as the Gods had decided, the boy would be born to the lowly farmer of the village. Which he was.

 

There was (obviously without coincidence) a child to be soon born to the farmer’s wife. The curse was that the cause of death of seven of the villagers would be born in the same month as the legend. This curse was naturally given by Olupto. The headman and the farmer both had their children on the twelfth day of the third month and at the same time " twenty four minutes past midnight.

 

Exactly eighteen days later, a girl was born in one of the middle class families of the village. She was the product of the curse… and was called Akina.

 

 

The villagers were very wary of the farmer’s child and this middle class child. They however thought that the farmer’s child ought to be the killer as he was of a pretty low caste. The gods grew angry at this and even thought of incinerating the whole of Krîn in that instant but thought better of it as it would very certainly lead to the death of Atöm.

 

The villagers stayed close to the Headman’s child thinking that he would protect them from the killer. That boy was called Yuri Krîn after the village. He would be trained in all skills of combat as he was a potential leader to them. The villagers stayed away from the farmer’s child thinking that he was the killer. That child was named Atöm Rûdi and he…

He is the protagonist.



© 2010 Sunil Nayak


Author's Note

Sunil Nayak
hmm i hav gotten only to this part of it....
hopefully i can write more...
waiting for the next part in my mind.. :P :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on March 30, 2010
Last Updated on March 30, 2010


Author

Sunil Nayak
Sunil Nayak

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak