Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak

Chapter 3

THE FIRST JIST OF KNOWLEDGE

 

After the guard fainted, Atöm was fed up of all the nonsense he had to go through. He finally did what he had come to do. He went into the temple. All the villagers were too astonished to even think about stopping him. Yuri however, called out to him. “Hey, Atöm’s your name, isn’t it?” he asked. Atöm replied “Yes my name is Atöm. Why do you ask?”

 

“Will you be my friend?” asked Yuri.

“Are you serious?!” asked Atöm who was quite shocked. Nobody had asked him to be his or her friend. Yuri was the first. “Yes. I am” came the strong reply. “Okay. Yuri is your name isn’t it? Come with me into the temple” said Atöm.

 

*  *  *

 

The Gods who were watching all of this from up above were excited. Their son was stepping into their place of worship! He would be taught how to control his powers and learn a new one. Rûdi was the most excited. They all decided to teach him the power of knowing were to strike whenever he had to, wherever he had to. They wanted to teach him the power of knowledge of the human body.

 

*  *  *

 

Atöm stepped into the temple and immediately went to its centre. It was a circular temple with sculptures of the Gods on the walls. There were platinum plated plaques on top of the sculptures. These described the Gods and mainly named them. Rûdi’s was the one exactly to Atöm’s front. Atöm turned a full circle observing the temple and reading the plates. He finally bowed to the ground in devotion. He finally knew the Gods!

 

Yuri was watching all this. After Atöm bowed down to the Gods, he suddenly noticed something. “Cracks on the ceiling!! Oh no, Atöm is right under it!! The impact of the debris will kill Atöm………Whatever shall I do?” He thought to himself suddenly panicky. However, the Gods did not have a similar state of mind…this was a blessing from the Gods. Not the collapsed building, but the new power. Atöm attained it. He had absorbed the knowledge of the human body.

 

Finally the ceiling collapsed. Atöm was still standing in the middle of it. Actually, he wasn’t even standing. He was hovering in the air. His eyeballs were weirdly into his eyelids but his eyes were open.

It was then that the Headman of Krîn spoke. After the minute of horrific realization which dawned on the villagers, he said, “Sorry, O son of the Gods. Sorry for not knowing it was you all along”. The villagers were beside themselves with anger. They were angry with themselves. Atöm was the son of the Gods and they had been fools all the time.



© 2010 Sunil Nayak


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 30, 2010
Last Updated on March 30, 2010


Author

Sunil Nayak
Sunil Nayak

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak