Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak

Chapter 2

LIFE BEFORE KNOWLEDGE

 

One day seven years after his birth, Atöm wanted to visit the temple. His parents were constantly telling him about them how they fought with valor against the demons, how they were still fighting for peace.

 

 Rûdi was pleased with the ongoing conversation. After all, His child was being educated about him and his kinsmen. This is why he felt curious to know more.

 

So, Atöm, the little boy that he was, went to the temple. Just as he was about to step into it, he was stopped by the temple guards and asked about his name, family and purpose of being there. He replied telling them the truth and feeling proud about his village’s security.

 

 However, after he told them his name and family, they told him that he was not allowed in there. “Why ever not??” replied the shocked Atöm. They replied “You are not allowed in there, kid, period. No questions asked. Our orders better be followed”.

 

Atöm stepped back for the time being but as soon as the guards turned his back towards him, he tried to slip in. Unfortunately, one of the guards saw him, “Oho! Stealthy little rat are we? Trying to sneak away from under our nose? The penalty for that very mistake of yours is death” he yelled and plunged towards Atöm sword raised.

 

*  *  *

 

On that day, coincidentally, there were some ceremonies in the temple which were offered every year by the village headman. His son Yuri was there too. He was always interested in these ceremonies as they all had important meanings.

 

Yuri was educated then and was also pretty good and lithe the sword. He was in the ceremony and he along with all the others in the temple heard the commotion outside. They all hurried outside and saw the guard rushing at young Atöm.

 

*  *  *

 

Atöm, suddenly, cleared his mind (without willing to) and thought of nothing but the guard rushing at him and suddenly everything slowed down for him. He just moved aside and watched the guard go scampering and hit a tree-trunk. The others were astonished as for them; Atöm had moved so fast, one moment he was there and the next he was metres away! There was a sudden chuckle from somewhere.

 

The boy has AWESOME speed was the immediate thought of all the villagers and the Headman. Yuri was also astonished. He had never hated Atöm nor had he liked him. But now, he admired him. This was not the same with all the others.

 

They immediately speculated that Atöm would make him a really tough enemy as they all thought of him as the killer. Well, maybe he was going to be. But his targets were not his fellow villagers! His targets were the Köi.

 

The other guard was not fooling around when his companion was embedded within the bark. He was sneaking behind Atöm.

Atöm was just about to step in when the other guard, directly behind Atöm swung his sword. The sword hit nothing but air. Atöm had jumped above the guard and immediately was behind him.

 

The poor guard was really scared now. This guy is freaking me out completely where in the world is he?  He looked around, up and down, left and right and finally behind him saw a really angry Atöm. Atöm’s face alone was enough to make the guard faint.

 

Meanwhile, Atöm’s thoughts were something like this:  “Why was I not allowed to enter the temple?? Am I not good enough? Am I not a nice boy?”  When he fought the guards however, very very different thoughts ran through his mind “Why is everything so slow? That guard’s movements look so exaggerated it makes me laugh”

 

Laugh he did. That was the chuckle that sounded.  After this, Atöm stepped toward the temple when he actually felt the other guard edging towards him. “Huh?! Who is this? I think it is probably the other guard. I am so angry. Just why am I not allowed to go in? I will go in if it’s the last thing I do. I guess I will jump this time.  I may be shredded by that sword if I am not careful. NOW!”

 

And thinking so, he jumped, and how! He landed exactly behind the other guard with a look so furious even a Lion-hearted person would faint immediately. Unfortunately for the guard, he was not even that strong. He fainted.



© 2010 Sunil Nayak


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on March 30, 2010
Last Updated on March 30, 2010


Author

Sunil Nayak
Sunil Nayak

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sunil Nayak