Breaking the Habit

Breaking the Habit

A Chapter by EmaleighLynn
"

Inspired by Linkin Park's 'Breaking the Habit.' I listened to that song like five times while writing this.

"

BREAKING THE HABIT


His hair flopped into his face again, and he pushed it out of his way as he touched the wires together. A spark jumped between them, and Silas dropped the wires with a hiss. Standing from the desk, he went to try the door again. Locked, as usual. Sighing, he leaned against the firm, cold, metal, running his hand through his long blonde hair.


The worst part about his life would have to be the fact that he had no idea what was wrong with him. Why should he be locked up here like a prisoner? Why? He hadn’t done anything, had he? If he had, he couldn’t remember.


Silas moved from the door and sat at the desk again. He knew he shouldn’t, but he’d been attempting to make a bomb with what little materials had been left in his room. It wasn’t working, however. He knew the information was somewhere in his head, but he just couldn’t access it. It was like there was a wall blocking part of his brain, keeping him from getting to this information.


It wasn’t just that, either. He couldn’t remember things, like where he was from of if he had siblings. He couldn’t tell if he had graduated high school. He didn’t know things that he knew he should. They had been misplaced, taken, stolen from him. He wanted them back, and he’d do anything to get them.


After two hours and more failed tries, Silas stood again. Clenching his hands in exhaustion and anger, he rolled his neck and swept his materials from the desk. “HELLO?!” he screamed. “SOMEONE LET ME OUT OF HERE.”


The door slowly creaked open, and he was startled to see a young girl standing before him. She had black hair in a pixie cut, and was staring at him like he’d just confirmed all her worst fears. “So it’s t-true.” she gasped, her voice breaking. “I hoped-” she turned away, and as she did, Silas felt all his forgotten memories rush back. He began to regret wanting it.


He remembered hurting people. He remembered awful things, things that should never have been done. He remembered why the girl - Sybil - had locked him away: to try and prove that he wasn’t what people thought he was, that he could be fixed. But she had been wrong. Murderer, the voice in his head whispered.


He staggered as they came flooding back. Sybil screamed as he regained his balance and rushed forwards, his hands extended to wrap around her neck. She shouldn’t have opened the door was his last conscious thought.


© 2014 EmaleighLynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh snap oh snap oh snap oh snap!!!! This is absolutely amazing!!!! It's a really great cliffhanger! I was kinda confused at first but light seemed to burst forth from that confusion and amazed me. I was about to give you a rating about 1000, but I'll have to stick with 100 for now. You rock.

Posted 8 Years Ago


EmaleighLynn

8 Years Ago

Oh wow I haven't been here in a while and I just saw this! Thank you so much oh my god.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2014
Last Updated on December 11, 2014
Tags: linkin park, music, breaking the habit


Author

EmaleighLynn
EmaleighLynn

Columbia, SC



About
Wow, it's been a while since I did anything here. God. I'm sorry. I've been writing since eighth grade. I'm a freshman in college now (wtf). I write fiction (books, short stories) and a LOT of poet.. more..

Writing
Winged Winged

A Story by EmaleighLynn