The Calm Before the Storm

The Calm Before the Storm

A Chapter by Emiko Tagahushi

Friday came, and Edward sat on the seat with me like any other school day.  The only reason it wasn’t a normal school day was that with Edward, came many surprises.  For once in a life time, he was carrying a folder " a green one in fact.  I eyed it.

“Wow.  Homework,” I said plainly, and then spotted the grin on his face and the shine in his eyes.  If anything, I would call this face: mischievous.

“Yep, I got a lot of homework,” he said, bobbing his head as he adjusted around to get comfortable. “And I got a lot of homework for you too,” he told me. 

I raised an eyebrow. “And what exactly is that?” I drawled in suspicion, sitting back. 

“Mmm…” he held out as he opened the folder like a sloth. “MMMMAPPLICATIONS!” he announced, flinging the folder in my face.  I jumped a little as the papers flopped over, nearly smacking my face. 

I stared dumbly at the papers. “Applications,” I said.  Then I whipped around to Ed in utter shock. “They’re for me?!” I hollered. 

He nodded in a cocky way. “Yep.  I got two applications each store for you and me,” he explained. 

I gasped, not able to keep the corners of my mouth from rising.  I snatched the pile of papers from the folder. “I can’t believe you got so many!” I exclaimed, flipping through them. 

“It was worth it,” he smiled. 

I paused. “How was it worth it?” I questioned, staring at him through my hair.

“Because, I got to see your shocked face,” he chuckled. “It was quite entertaining actually,” he said, covering his mouth as he tried to hold in his laughter.

I looked away in embarrassment, wondering what kind of face I really made. “Well, I was just happy,” I grumbled.

Edward leaned toward me. “I know.  That’s good, isn’t it?” he said, a soft smile coming to his lips.

“That’s a weird question,” I muttered, facing him again.  He shrugged, about to open his mouth and talk when I interrupted. “Forget it,” I blurted, afraid of what he might say.  It seemed like Edward and my relationship was getting a little bit weird. “Let’s fill these out,” I ordered, giving him half.  For the rest of the bus ride we filled out the applications, helping one another out if needed.  I was glad to be finding a new job - hopefully a better one.  



© 2015 Emiko Tagahushi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yup, still love it :-D Only suggestion I have is changing the last sentence to "...hopefully a better one" instead of the two times "job" in close succession. Feels more natural.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 30, 2015
Last Updated on November 13, 2015


Author

Emiko Tagahushi
Emiko Tagahushi

About
Hello, I call myself Emiko Tagahushi. I love writing, although I do not do it as often as I'd like to. I am majoring in Literature, so I love to analyze texts too. Some of my favorite books are The.. more..

Writing