Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by EmilySix

            “You know, you didn't have to bring up Eli.” Lillian said as she sat at the dinner table with me as we ate. That was three days ago. Drop it. “You know you didn't have to bring up Andy.” I said as I read my book and ate. I didn't look up at her. I kept my head down. “You need to get over him, Ashtyn.” Lily said as she sipped her coke. “That isn't gonna happen anytime soon.” I said as I turned the page in my book and fixed my think black rim glasses.

            “In February, it will be three years, Ash.” Lily said. “Well, it is June. So, it has been two and half years.” I said. “I just said that.” “No, you said three years.” I said as I sipped my water. “Ashtyn, knock the smart-a*s routine off.” Lily said in a tone. “Watch your mouth.” I said as I flipped another page. “You curse all the time.” “That's because I'm older.”

            “Ashtyn, I'm being serious.” I closed my book and looked up at her. “What the hell do you want me today?” I said as I took off my glasses. “Stop being depressed. Date Bill or something.” That just made me gag a little. “No way.” I said. “I can't just date somebody to get over Andy.” “Yes you can, everybody does it. I'm dating Tom. Thats how I got over Eli.” “Well, I am not everybody and I am definitely not you. I will heal in my own time.” I said as I took a bite of my salad.

            “Can you just give Bill a chance?” Lily said. I am about to smack the crap out of her. I glared at her as I held my fork a few inches from my mouth. “Okay! Gosh, don't look at me like that, Ashtyn.” Lily said as she held her cross necklace up to me. “I'm not a demon, you moron.” I said as I hit the necklace out of her hands. “I say otherwise.” Lily said. “If I was, I wouldn't be wearing my cross necklace either.” I said as I held it up.

            My mother walked in with hector. She seemed happier than ever for some odd reason. “Why are you so happy?” I asked as I looked up at my mom. “Well, Hector and I have some good news for you.” My mother said. “What is is?” Lily asked. I took a sip of my water. “In about seven months, you are going to have another brother or sister!” she said.

            My eyes widen as I spit back out my water and dropped the glass on myself. The water went all over my gray graphic t-shirt and my blue and purple plaid shorts, and my new black vans. The water I spit out went onto the floor. I jumped up from the water falling on me. I could feel it run down my clothes and my chin. “Thats great!” Lily said as she jumped up and hugged my mother. I looked up at my mother as I wiped the water from my chin.

            “Ashtyn, aren't you happy?” Hector asked as he wrapped his arm around my mother. “Can you be more specific about that question?” I asked as I shivered from the cold ice water that was all over the front of my body. “Am I happy that I had to move? No. Am I happy that I am living here? No. Am I happy that you have been my step dad for the past two years? No.” I said as I walked up the stairs. “I meant about your mom being pregnant.” hector said. “Sure, I am.” I said as I rolled my eyes and walked into my room.

            My mother was thirty three. She doesn't need anymore kids. I think two is enough for her. I mean, why would she have another kid with Hector? He ain't even here most of the time. He is usually at “work.” the only work he does is with strippers. Nasty freak.



© 2010 EmilySix


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

141 Views
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010


Author

EmilySix
EmilySix

About
Hello. Im Emily. Im 15. i had to make a new writers cafe' because my old one doesn't want to let me log in for some reason. it justs want to be a total d********g. my favorite band is Black Veil Bride.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1- Intro Chapter 1- Intro

A Chapter by EmilySix