A Reason

A Reason

A Poem by Wonderland Asylum

They say there is a reason,
They say that time will heal,
But neither time nor reason,
Will I change the way I feel,
For no one knows the heartache,
That lies behind our smiles,
No one knows how many times,
We have broken down and cried,
We want to tell you something,
So there won't be any doubt.
  You're so wonderful to think of,
But so hard to be without.

© 2018 Wonderland Asylum


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This a nice little poem expressing big things that we go through that are not always noticed by others. However, it is important, I learnt over the years, throughout my young life on this Earth (I'm 30), to nurture and look after ourselves; this is so vital, so important. I learnt to be content with what I have, and work hard for what I need, rather than being envious of others' belongings or achievements. I learned to appreciate my personal space in my own time, so that I have spent much time being in touch with my soul and The creator of my body, mind and soul.
Only when we love and look after ourselves, can we genuinely love and look after others, for love automatically inspires love. Love is not simply giving our body to sexual pleasures because we crave somebody else's touch. But love is that genuine, simple appreciation of life, our place in it, our uniqueness, our family, and strangers at large. Love is understanding that we treat others with kindness and respect as we also wish of them. Love is that peace of mind that comes from the depth of your soul ( usually from a Heavenly source, since our Creator's eternally with us, only when we pay attention through our receptive intuition, third eye, contemplation, prayers) without any attachment to materials to determine our happiness. Love is the joy you feel even if you lived in a mud hut and the next man or woman lived in a mansion opposite you on the same street, and you are still happy for them, knowing that material does not make us, we make material. That is love that constantly seeks to live in harmony with ourselves and others in truth.
Yet love is far from soft and weak. There are times we must say 'no' or 'yes'. We have got to be assertive against those that seek to abuse and use us, yet never allowing people's negative projected vibes reach us and get us on their negative level.
Love is practising our preferred hobby, talent, skill, craft to bring the best out of ourselves whilst having our audience (the rest of humanity) in mind. Love is knowing that our voice matters as much as the president's.
For true wisdom is the application of knowledge for the benefit of Mankind.
We writers have a divine, prophetic gift of insight that we must use to inspire others positively.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poem express beautifully a deep feeling. Thanks for sharing this!!!! Very nice writing!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the structure of your poem and the beautiful words. It tells such a wonderfully sad story that evokes much emotion. Keep up the good work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know this piece was written a while ago but I felt the need to say how much emotion I felt from it. This is the first poem that has EVER brought me to tears. Thank you for such a gorgeous and well written artwork.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the structure of this poem. It brings about the descent almost of the very words you are writing. Down to the actual writing itself, I loved how you expressed what is on most peoples minds. This is what I like to dub as a universal writing. It can be related to no matter who you are. Thank you for sharing a piece of your mind.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very nice poem, it has a deep meaning, a nice rhyme. and is relate-able to most people. I really like this poem. Keep up the great work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Sometimes pain can stay with us for very long time. I like your form is minimalistic and very nice crafted . Each line have strong meaning and they also fit very well together.I really enjoyed

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I told myself the same things you have wrote. My heart was dead and forgotten. Times is the only true healer. I liked and I understood your words and thoughts dear friend. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The ebbs and flows of love.very touching how you wrote it.great job as usual

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another beautiful poem by you..
I love the rhyme and parttern of words..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

On line #4, it seems like there's an extra "I" that doesn't serve your otherwise well-crafted rhythm. I love the rhyme & rhythm, I love the simplicity of your message, but most of all I love the ending two lines. That's the kind of stuff writers wish they had thought of! I love this message & also the honesty (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2018
Last Updated on January 18, 2018

Author

Wonderland Asylum
Wonderland Asylum

Reedley, CA



About
Alternative, shy, loves music. I typically keep to myself, and am not very expressive. But when I write, it's like I'm some place else. I've been gone for a while, and I'm working on getting back.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Insomnia Insomnia

A Poem by Saumya