Belle 11: Broken Hearts Day

Belle 11: Broken Hearts Day

A Chapter by Emylia Senna

Today was Valentine’s Day. The stupidest day of the year. What’s the point in having a day to celebrate a love for someone when you should be doing it all year round? At least that’s the way it probably should be in my mind. It’s just another money-maker holiday. And it’s not just a single girl being bitter, because I know Brody and all of our friends are the same way. Tim and Abigal failed to acknowledge the day at this morning. It made the rest of us singles in the group feel less awkward.

After school, I was waiting in the country corner with the boys, for Brody.

“Hey check it out,” Kyle pointed at Miranda’s car. Miranda was making a scene; and that was just from the sight of her arms going in all directions and her eyes of death. Brody just leaned against the lamppost without a care in the world about what she was saying.

“Must’ve forgotten to get her something.”

“Forgotten. More like just another day,” I added.

“True fact. But,” Clayton paused and reached in Joe’s truck bringing out two flowers, “These are for our gals, the two rarest roses,” he handed Abigal hers then bowed to give me mine. I played along with the act of a romantic couple on a pointless holiday, accepting the flower.

“Thank you.”

“What did you get us man?” Kyle put him in a head-lock.

“A knuckle sandwich,” he punched Kyle in the gut which released his grip

Brody looked over at me spotting the flower in my hand. He immediately looked angry and hurt, but not from Miranda’s yelling. Before he just looked annoyed. What part of me holding a flower given by someone else hurt him? Does he have feelings for me deep down or something?

No way. Now I’m thinking crazy here. He can’t have feelings for me. He likes Miranda too much . . . or at least he makes it seem that way. I’m just thinking hopeful. That can’t be true at all. I’m his sister (in a sense).



© 2015 Emylia Senna


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on June 4, 2015
Last Updated on June 4, 2015


Author

Emylia Senna
Emylia Senna

Broomfield, CO



About
I'm not what people would normally expect :) more..

Writing