Belle 13: The Truth...Kind of

Belle 13: The Truth...Kind of

A Chapter by Emylia Senna

I looked out my window the morning after the race knowing Brody and I had our running time later tonight. After last night I had faith that something might happen. Something good. I could feel it in the breeze outside of my open window.

I look over at his house in the distance, hoping to catch a small glimpse of him. Instead I got a mini heart-attack. A black convertible in front of his house. This can’t end well.

I went outside to my tree to get a better look. I could see Miranda leaning on her car and Brody holding her hands. Both of them were smiling. Brody’s was a hesitant smile, ready to pull away at any time. Miranda’s was devious and satisfied. But not by him; by the fact that she can get a guy back whenever she wants. It makes her feel gorgeous to have a guy jump at the snap of her finger. She loved power.

Maybe that’s why she likes torturing me. She wants the power to control someone. Maybe someone she grew up with was very controlling and so she doesn’t know any different. She thinks that’s how you get what you want in life. It was sad that every bad person was ruined by an influential bad person from the previous generation. The traits continue to be passed down. I strongly believe your up-bringing makes you who you are; doesn’t matter how different you are from your up-bringing, it got you to the place you are at as the person you are.

But even that doesn’t excuse her from torturing me and hurting my best friend in the process. The worst part was because my best friend was in the palm of her hand, trying to do something about it wasn’t an option.

I felt like a spy sitting in my tree watching what was going on.

He went to kiss her as she reacted for him. I turned away. It hurt just as much as it did the first time I almost saw it. I felt the tears coming, but fought them away.

I peeked hoping they were done. Nope. The first time I actually saw them kiss. It about killed me. My heart dropped so fast it took me down with it. I found myself on the ground. It took a second for me to realize I’d just fallen out of the tree. I looked through the grass, hoping they didn’t hear it.

Both of them were looking in my direction. Crap. They did.

“What a loser!” I heard Miranda shout so I could hear her.

I buried my face in the grass so far beyond embarrassed. Why did I think that was a good idea to go spy on them? I was not sneaky at all, plus it was wrong. I don’t do wrong.

I heard the car pulling off the property. I waited until the car sounded like it turned off to the main road. I looked up from the grass and saw Brody’s steel-toed boots right in front of me. Busted.

I looked up. He was laughing behind his smile, “Spying? I thought you’d be better at that,” he grabbed my arms and lifted me onto my feet in one fluid motion, “Since you’re so skinny and graceful.”

“Yeah. I didn’t know you guys were still together.”

It occurred to me that he might have played me last night. I was starting to wonder what kind of guy he was.

“No, we did break-up last night, but we decided to get back together this morning.”

Okay so at least he didn’t play me, but I also started to feel like the go-to-girl when he breaks-up with her, even though it’s only happened once.

“And listen, I’m sorry about last night. I dunno why that happened. I guess we’re just so close anything can happen at the shake of a tail.”

“True, but its okay.”

“I hope I didn’t lead you onto anything or creep you out?”

“Nope, nope, we’re good.”

I wanted to walk away. Now. I was holding back so much that I wanted to say and I knew he could tell, but I wouldn’t say. But I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for last night. It was true anything could happen between us. I really had to watch it with him or I’ll get my butt put through the meat processer.

“Wanna go on a run, now?”

“Um, sure,” I was very hesitant with it because I could feel the “I like you” and explanation the tip of my tongue about to come out. It was all I could do keep it in.

“So, you didn’t seem too happy when I saw you two out there,” I stated.

“Eh, I wasn’t sure if I should’ve gotten back together with her. She is just so much drama, but she’s just so nice in private-”

“I get the picture,” I stopped him. I could see a clear picture that made my heart burn even worse.

“Sorry. But you get it right?”

“Kind of. I just don’t get why you’d be with a person that treats you like crap in public though.”

“That’s what I can’t figure out. I really wanna end it, but when I try, she does this thing where she . . . well . . .”

I could imagine she’d flash him just to get his mind off of what he wanted to say.

“It’s frustrating,” he sighed, “She gives me so many reasons not to, but gives me more to do it.”

“Are you happy? In general?” I hoped his answer would say it all.

“No, but I figure my prom asking will straighten things out on what I should do.”

“If you’re not happy then you should know what you need to do.”

“Eh, I’d rather sleep on it, and if I still feel the same way in the morning I’ll dump her soon.”

At least he can see she’s no good for him. That’s all I could ask for, because eventually he’s going to want someone that’s good for him.



© 2015 Emylia Senna


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 4, 2015
Last Updated on June 4, 2015


Author

Emylia Senna
Emylia Senna

Broomfield, CO



About
I'm not what people would normally expect :) more..

Writing