Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by EndlosenRegen

It took me a moment to realize what he'd said before I obeyed. My eyes grew wider and my legs seemed to stutter as I began to run. I tried to scream as I pumped my arms back and forth and my feet pounded on the hard earth, but all that escaped my lips was a muffled whisper.

There wouldn't have been anyone around to here my cries anyway...

...Except for that psychopath.

I could hear him laughing and chanting as he ran after me. I recognized the tune of his chant from an old childhood rhyme, but he'd twisted the words into something horrific.

“A tisket, a tasket,” he sang, closing more and more ground between us. “The scarecrow's out his casket. Turn out the lights and lock the doors, praying that he passes.”

He cackled loudly, as if this little rhyme were something hysterical.


~*~


I laughed and laughed as I recited the rhyme that I'd twisted when I was four years old. There was nothing funny about it, but I loved the way that it fit that I just couldn't stop laughing.

There was also that fact that the look on the girl's face had been priceless. The look of sheer terror that was plastered to her features had been one of the best expressions I'd seen in a long time.

I loved the feel of the hard earth beneath my calloused feet, the soft moss and the sharp rocks. My hatchet swung freely in my hand, the familiar weight of I strangely comforting in the unfamiliar background of the forest.

True, I had lived in the country somewhere in Texas until I was eleven years old, but I was more familiar with the tall buildings and dark alleys of the city. I don't remember why we moved away.

A shriek of terror was what brought me out of my thoughts and memories.

I grinned evilly, laughing and beginning my chant over again.

Melanie screamed again, louder this time. “No one's going to hear you!” I called to her as I jumped over a fallen tree. “There's no one around here for miles!”

She screamed again and I laughed at her, like the maniac that I was.

Then, before she even had time to notice that I'd closed the distance between us, I swung my hatchet, listening intently for the sound of it hitting her. Time seemed to slow in that one instant as I watched my hatchet connect to the girl's upper arm. Blood immediately exploded around the wound as I cut through her dermis, slicing bone. I laughed again at the sound of bone splintering and Melanie's screaming. I drew my arm back as she crumpled to the ground, screaming and crying.

“Why are you doing this?!” she screamed at me, her voice hoarse as she held back her sobs of terror. “What did I ever do to deserve this?”

I smirked down at her. “I don't need a reason for what I do.”

And then I swung, my weapon hitting the tender flesh of her neck and severing her spinal cord.





© 2011 EndlosenRegen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ouu, nasty stuff. Good writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2011
Last Updated on November 30, 2011


Author

EndlosenRegen
EndlosenRegen

Maple Grove, MN



About
Denied more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by EndlosenRegen


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by EndlosenRegen