ANOTHER TOMORROW, Chapter 1

ANOTHER TOMORROW, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Evelyn Ohiomoje

CHAPTER ONE

It's like waking up and finding myself in a dreamland.
Dreamland or reality?
Whatever this scene may seem, truth reflects in this: life is a journey.
Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Violet, and I, White were altogether that morning sitting by the pool which shimmered under the luminous sun. The reflection of hope was what we saw, smelt, and felt as we washed ourselves in the pool, and joyfully refreshed to resume our travel.
There were many troops scattered across this same world. Many had gone through the distance we were embarking on, and many were yet to cover the distance we had covered.
My troop was my family. We lived together with understanding and mutual respect. Unity didn't always work easily, but adhering to the teachings of the Wise One guided each individual to discover his or her own Junction at every intermission. The Wise One had once said:
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all.

We understood the the importance of time. We spent our time wisely and chose to connect to the only Mighty Being who had time in His hands. We knew more about who we really were, the more we traveled. We didn't realize how we would be changed as we proceeded each time.
"White!" Violet gave me a charming smile.
"What do you think of today?" she asked.
I sucked in air, exhaled loudly, and answered, "I smell greatness".
"Ten minutes from now, we shall begin", announced Green.
"I don't know what tomorrow holds but whatever we do today has a way of effecting tomorrow", Blue said not to anyone in particular but he got a reaction from Green, "Tomorrow will be as what you believe. You should see how far you want to go".
"Well I see treasures beaming at me from that distant and I'm going for it", said Red.
"Nice sight Red", I winked at him.
"Thanks White. What do you see?" asked Red.
"Hmm.... well, I see heaven", I said looking up at the sky.
"Then who is seeing hell here?" Orange said with a mischievous grin.
"Maybe you", violet said, throwing everyone in a fit of laughter.
"Time up troop, let's get going", announced Green.
"I love you all and wish I could run with you but I see my tomorrow right here", Blue said.
"Well enough of seeing already Blue. Seriously we have to get going anyway", Orange said.
"I'm serious about this guys. I feel connected here. Do I have to go with you? I'm cool with this place. I have made up my mind about this". Everyone watched, trying to absorb what what happening.
"I am only surprise about the decision. I feel it is rather quick to decide", Green said.
"Mr Green, everyone has to see for themselves shouldn't they?" Blue was almost losing his cool.
"We understand Blue. We wish you all the best, don't we?" I had to speak up to stir away whatever strife that could be raised. "Yeah. Sure". I heard others saying. With warmth and pleasantness, farewell regards were made.
As we continued along the way Green whispered to me, "I was only trying to tell him not to settle for less". Then I said, "It could be for you and not for him. He could make something great out of that place. It was appealing to him and he is cool. Who knows, that pool could become a flowing river".



© 2017 Evelyn Ohiomoje


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very strong opening chapter. I liked the places described and the characters. You create interesting story line and I wanted to read more. Thank you Evelyn for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 15, 2017
Last Updated on August 15, 2017


Author

Evelyn Ohiomoje
Evelyn Ohiomoje

Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria



About
A writer passionate about family affairs, personal development, and every form of relationship that affects lives. Evelyn loves writing stories and poems for inspiration, information, and excitement. more..

Writing