Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
ANOTHER TOMORROW, Chapter 2

ANOTHER TOMORROW, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Evelyn Ohiomoje



We were colours of light. Our speed was graceful and intended for beauty especially when we moved together. And we had gone miles and come to rest at the foot of a hill. Night had fallen sooner than we imagined. Tents were set up but we preferred laying down on the mats outside; faced up towards the sky and gazing at the stars as though communing with them.
"Do you see that?" Red quietly asked me. There was a star glowing brighter than others. It was spectacular.
"Yes, it burns brilliantly", I answered.
"Where is the burning happening?" he asked again.
"Well, I don't see the burning you are talking about except the one up in the sky".
I could see Red a bit unsettled as he simply said "Oh!" but I looked at him in puzzle.
Red left my side and Violet came closer to me. "What is going on with Red? He looks troubled", she asked.
"I have no idea", said I. "I think it's high time we left to our tents", I yawned and while getting up, "Did you hear the singing?" Yellow started.
"No. I didn't hear any. Did anyone hear anything?" Green said.
"Yes", Orange said. We were surprised but felt stupid when the Joker said "I actually heard it in my dream" and he guffawed, causing others to join.
"Funny. But I heard a beautiful singing voice. I felt it came from the hills. The song was like a call. I know it because I could sing along". Yellow paused. Somehow she must have felt how excited and dreamy she sounded while others were lost to her fantasy.
"I'm sorry, but you lost me here. I only hope you don't sleep walk tonight", Orange said and went into his tent. Yellow was obviously feeling embarrassed and fled without looking up at anyone. I felt compelled to follow her but Green held me back. He ordered that we all retire into our tents. When all had gone into their tents, I peeped through to see what Green was up to. He definitely wasn't going to let Yellow on her own. He had his way of dealing with issues in order to avoid worsening it.
Green and I related much closer than others. But they easily relate with me and sometimes, I felt they saw me as their leader. I had also once thought that Green could be jealous of me but I ensured that I don't get tempted to contend for power or deliberately stir the heart of our members from his leadership. He was my brother and would support him in this leadership.

At dawn, arise a group aspiring for greatness. We claimed by faith every blessing of the new day as we prepared for a flight.
"Alright everyone, get set", called Green.
"Wait!" Violet halted our move.
"Are we made to be bounded to each other this way forever?" she asked.
"Why such question?" Orange was quick to respond.
"Aren't we free to express ourselves and fulfill our desire?" she further asked.
"Green, didn't you say we have a huge gap to cover and that time is unfriendly? Then why do we have to be drawn back at this time?" Orange said in annoyance.
"We can still be patient to understand what the situation is before we judge. Violet you may continue", Green said.
"What happened to Blue will happen to us all. It has happened to Red and Yellow but we are scared to let it out", she said.
I couldn't believe I missed those signs. Red had a passion already burning up for the hills and Yellow is connected to the hills she claimed were singing.
Red, Yellow, Orange, Violet, Green and I stood in quietness as we reflected and deliberated within for half a minute. Green finally broke the intermission, "You are always welcome"
"Meaning?" asked Violet.
"Every heart has something to desire. Denial to such desires brings sickness to the soul. Nevertheless, it's necessary we watch circumspectly what we desire and make wise choices. You are welcome to be what you are made to be", Green said. I could see the surprise in everyone's faces and a big relieve to Red and Yellow who had, in heart, readily settled for the hills. That was another farewell from great friends and we sped off into another tomorrow.



© 2017 Evelyn Ohiomoje


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on August 15, 2017
Last Updated on August 15, 2017


Author

Evelyn Ohiomoje
Evelyn Ohiomoje

Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria



About
A writer passionate about family affairs, personal development, and every form of relationship that affects lives. Evelyn loves writing stories and poems for inspiration, information, and excitement. more..

Writing