Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Fearless603

It was a chilly Saturday night. I was just finishing off my hair when the doorbell rang. Putting on my shoes I made my way downstairs to see mum holding the front door open. In the doorway was Kelsie and behind her, obviously Dan. I grabbed my purse off the counter in the kitchen and hurried over to them, smiling brightly. I had spoken to mom about the party during the week. And even though she felt a little unsure I had managed to convince her to let me go. I couldn’t help but feel the buzz of excitement that coursed through my veins. This was going to be an awesome night. Kelsie leapt forward and hugged me, her eyes shining. “Ready?” she grinned and when I nodded she turned back to the door and walked out. After kissing my mom goodbye I followed her out into the cold November night.

The drive to the party wasn’t as long as I had expected. Before I knew it we were pulling up in a huge drive way. Before us was a huge house, I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone mistake it for a mansion. This was Cams place alright. The rich kid in town. His mom and dad owned their own business. And they were always working. I felt a twinge of sympathy
He doesn’t see his parents that often.
“Well were here!” Kelsie smiled, her eyes round with awe as she stared at the house, mouth agape. “It’s huge!”
I chuckled and got out of the car, closing the door behind me. Music drifted from the building followed by laughs and shouts. Kelsie got out beside me and Dan took her hand as he walked towards the party. I followed at their side, rubbing my arms against the biting cold. Bloody winter. 
We walked up the steps to the large doors just as a boy, roughly my age stumbled out, holding a beer in one hand. His steps were unsteady and his eyes unfocused as he wobbled down the steps, shouting song lyrics. I grimaced at him as he past. He stunk of alcohol and I shook off the creepy feeling of unease. 
It’s going to be fine. Jesus Sky, get a hold of yourself.
Pushing the image of the boy to the back of my mind I pushed through the doors. Music met me, blaring so loud I could barely hear myself think. Girls and boys danced or talked, laughing and flirting. I saw a couple making out in the back and snorted in disgust. Kelsie’s eyes were gleaming with excitement and wonder as she stood next to me, looking around with wide eyes. She turned to me after a moment “Isn’t this amazing?” she grinned, not expecting a reply. She grabbed Dan’s hand and looked back at me “You want to dance?” she asked me. After a moment I shook my head with a smile
“You go ahead, I think I’m going to get a drink or something” She nodded, hugging me before veering off into the crowd with her boyfriend. I turned and made my way through the swarms of people, reaching the bar where a man stood, taking a bill from a boy in a striped shirt. Taking up one of the seats I took a moment to take in everything around me. Several couples were dancing with each other on the dance floor. Others were stood against walls or talking in groups. The music roared, filling the air around me. I smiled, closing my eyes I nodded to the beat. Something touching my arm made me jump and I snapped my head around, half expecting to see a drunk grabbing onto my arm. Nope, it was only the bartender, a handsome man of about 20 with black hair highlighted green looking down at me, face illuminated by the flashing lights. 
“Hey you alright?” he asked and I nodded, my face red with embarrassment.
“Yeah, erm can I get a cocktail please?” With a swift nod of his head the man set to making the drink. Whilst he did so I glanced around. Even though the room was practically jam-packed with teenagers they weren’t the only things present. I easily spotted several Faeries mixed in with the crowds. Half-breeds and exiles. They lived normal human lives, attending schools and blending in with the mortal realm. Of course however I saw them differently. A Phouka stood in the corner chatting up two super thin blondes. Furry ears stuck out from each side of his head. The humans couldn’t see the true form of the fey of course, they looked very much human through mortals eyes. Well, some of them.
I looked back at the bartender to see him giving me what I had asked for. Smiling I thanked him and opened my purse to pay him when a warm hand grasped my bad shoulder. Biting back a wince of pain I snapped my head around to see a guy, about 19 years old dressed in a white shirt and black jeans looking down at me. He wore a lopsided smile on his face. Just by looking at him I could see he was a little drunk. His eyes were slightly unfocused and his breath stank of alcohol. 
“Let me pay for that” he said, his voice a little blurry. I hesitated, about to tell him to back off but he was already paying the man behind the bar for my drink. He released my shoulder, dropping into the seat next to me. 
“Er..Thanks?” I murmured, looking at him. He regarded me with a slightly over-exaggerated nod of his head.
“No problem pretty lady” 
I turned back to my drink and took a sip, feeling his eyes on my cheek the whole time. After a few moments, him still staring at me I turned in my seat to look him dead on. “What’s the matter?” I asked, not quite managing to keep the edge out of my voice “Why do you keep staring at me like I’m some sapphire?” I could see the cloud in his eyes and suddenly regretted snapping at him. But he didn’t seem bothered by my brief outburst, just looked at me eye for eye with a grin on his face, and ignored my question.
“You want to dance?” he asked me. I was a little taken aback. That was not hat I had been expecting.
I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, wondering whether I should get up or not. 
You came here to have fun. Not slouch around drinking cocktails all night.
He did deserve one dance I guess, after all he did just by me an expensive drink. And he doesn’t even know me. “Sure” I said after a moment’s hesitation, “Just one dance though okay?” He nodded at me, his grin widening and got off his seat, holding out a hand to me. I took it gingerly, not quite managing to ignore the sudden weariness. Walking onto the dance floor with me holding his hand he spun me and drew me close, immediately moving his body to the music. It was a pretty powerful song and I found myself swinging my hips to the beat. Feeling a little uncomfortable with how close he was I drew back a little, but still in arms length of him. He spun and swayed me, catching me when I stumbled. He stood on my foot and I yelped.

“Sorry” he grumbled, still pulling me with him as he danced. I narrowed my eyes but kept dancing until the song finally came to an end and I broke away from him. 
“Okay” I said a little breathless “That was one dance” I turned to leave when he grabbed my arm and turned me to face him as another song began, pulling me closer and closer until our faces were only inches apart. I winced at how tight his grip was “We agreed on one dance” I muttered, trying to pull free.
Okay, forget a little drunk. This guy has definitely had too much to drink.
He still held on to me, keeping me squashed against him. I gasped, the breath whooshing out of me. “I mean it, get off!” I hissed, a little desperate now. He refused to let me go, sliding his hand down my back until he reached past the boundaries. With full on force I yanked myself free and pushed him away “Get away from me you creep!” I yelled, looking at him to see his reaction. That creepy smile was still stuck on his face and I fought the urge to hit him. He lunged at me again, grabbing my hips and pulling me to him. Movement caught the corner of my eye and a moment later the boy was being wrenched away from me. I watched as a tall, well-muscled person stepped in front of me, protecting me. His crimson hair was gelled back, his features pulled into a scowl. My breath caught in my throat as I realized who it was.
Robbie. 
“Well isn’t this a surprise?” He yelled over the music, glaring at the boy before him. “Is that any way to treat a lady?” His shoulders were slack. I noticed that same old grin ticked at the side of his mouth, dangerous and daring.
It took the boy a moment to regain his balance before he glared back at the grinning Faerie. 
“I asked her for a dance. She said yes.” He growled, taking a threatening step forwards “You should mind your own business!” Robbie’s eyes were bright with amusement, and he folded his arms across his chest.
“She said one dance Beefcake. Leave her be” 
The boy, looking startled at the insult snarled in his face
“You don’t know what you’re doing pal.” He growled, voice bleary. The boy beside me seemed un bothered by the threat
“Oh I know all too well what I’m doing ” He replied. The boy took another step forwards, 
“You want to take this outside?” he hissed, bringing up his hands he pushed Robbie backwards.
“Oh you don’t want to do that Beefcake” The red haired boy said, voice laced with amusement. The 19 year old pulled back his fist, aiming a blow to Robbie’s face. I could feel my eyes widening, looking to see what Robbie would do next. The Faerie grinned even more, holding his hands up “Hey, I don’t want no trouble” He said, taking a step backwards. “But uh..you might want to look in a mirror or something.” He turned and took my arm, “I am going to take her away now. Go and find some tart to dance with. This one is off-limits.” And with that he turned his back on the 19 year old and walked away, pulling me with him and leaving the boy standing in the Centre of the crowd who stared. A bout of snorting broke out behind us and I looked back to see the boy covering his face with his hands, grunting continuously, eyes wide in horror. The laughter of several students broke out followed by questioning murmurs. I gave Robbie a confused look but shrugged and just followed. 
Once back at the bar he turned, regarding me with a wide grin. 
“Hey” I scanned him over through narrowed eyes. Why did he just help me? 
I chose my next words carefully. “I am grateful for your help in getting that jerk away from me” I muttered, careful so as not to say thank you. It wasn’t a wise choice to thank a Faerie, because that would only put you in their debt. I found the thought ridiculous. However I knew they thought differently. I was wondering whether or not I should even be talking to a Faerie. I glanced up to see his reaction. He was still smiling, it was as if it was stuck to his face. “Why do you keep grinning like a Cheshire cat?” I asked, voice a little edgy “What’s so funny?” 
“Oh nothing” He replied, tapping his fingers on the counter. I gave him a sideways glance before I turned back to my drink and took another sip. I thought for a moment, debating whether or not I should ask. I did it anyway. 
“What are you doing here?” I looked into my glass as I waited for his reply.
“Same as you Snowdrop, I’m here for the party” Robbie said. I pinched the bridge of my nose, rolling my eyes.
Okay, state the obvious.
“No, I mean here. In the mortal world” I made sure my voice was low so as not to attract any curious looks from the people surrounding us. 
“Ah” Robbie locked his fingers together and held his hands behind his head. “That is a very good question. So you can see The Fey” he nodded triumphantly as if he already knew. That same old grin never leaving his handsome face. I stiffened, realizing what I had just given away.
Oh that’s just brilliant Sky. Give yourself a pat on the back why don’t you?
“Yeah. So what?” I said. Keeping my voice casual “I can see them. Such an honour I muttered sarcastically. My fingers working against the glass in my hands. I could tell we were being watched by several Faeries. A conversation between a human and a Faerie obviously drew attention. Robbie threw his head back and laughed like I had just told him something ridiculous. 
“Woah, you aren’t very enthusiastic Snowdrop, I’ll give you that” I shot him a glare which only lasted a few seconds and then rubbed my temples. 
“Well-“I was cut off abruptly as Kelsie appeared next to me, putting her hands on the bar and panting. Sweat formed on her forehead and arms. Glimmering in the neon light 
“Whoa” she exclaimed her voice a little breathless “That was great!” 
I smiled at her, suddenly the excitement of the night rushed back to me and I suddenly felt like dancing. Kelsie seemed to recognize my sudden change in mood for her eyes sparkled and she grabbed my hand 

“Come on!” She had to shout over the noise “You have to dance!” with that she whisked me away from the bar and away from the red haired fey boy who grinned after me. 
“See you around snowdrop!” he called and I acknowledged him with a quick wave of my hand before getting swallowed up in the crowd.

We danced for ages, swinging our hips and reaching up into the air as the music pounded all around us. A few times I got nudged or trod on, but I didn’t think much of it. This was a party after all. Finally I broke away from the crowd of people along with Kelsie to go and get a drink. When we reached the bar Robbie was still there, talking to a tall boy. Cameron looked as if he was about to fall off his seat. Robbie grinned and together they laughed. As we approached Robbie looked at me, his sharp green eyes changing different colors in the light. 
"Oh hey Snowdrop! Back so soon?” I scoffed at his cocky tone, only gaining myself another laugh from the Faerie. Cam turned his head around and when he spotted us, drew me and Kelsie into a hug. 
“Hey” he greeted, pulling away and picking up his beer from the bar. Cam was a well-built guy, with straw blonde hair and deep brown eyes. You couldn’t deny his charm. Girls were always swooning around him, hoping to catch his eye. He was a very popular person.
“Heya!” Kelsie yelled, a little too loud. She too smelt of alcohol, and her feet were unsteady. “This is a great party you have here Cameron” she added, her tight black curls rolling down past her shoulders. Cam winked at her in a friendly manner 
“Why thanks kel. You’re probably the 15th person who has told me that tonight” His voice was light with amusement, his eyes shining with laughter. He knew just as much as I did that Kelsie might have had a little too much to drink tonight. Dan came up behind her at that moment and hugged her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder and smiling at all of us. He was also dripping with sweat, his face red with the heat.
“Maybe we should get you home Kel.” He said softly “You are drunk” Kelsie waved him off with her hand, but smiled up at him nevertheless 
“I’m fiiiiine” She cooed, looking back at the others “Who’s up for another drink?” 


© 2015 Fearless603


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on March 17, 2015
Last Updated on March 17, 2015


Author

Fearless603
Fearless603

-, -, United Kingdom



About
My Likes; Rock music/Bands such as Fall out boy, My chemical Romance, All time low, Lower than Atlantis. Reading and writing; Anything from Fantasy to Romance. Art; Drawing, painting and photography.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Fearless603


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Fearless603


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Fearless603