Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Fearless603

Unfortunately mom was still up, sitting on the corner of the couch expectantly. It took one look at her face to observe that she had something on her mind. “Well?” she prompted “How was it?” With a groan I collapsed into the couch. 
“Do we have to do this now? I’m exhausted” 
She pursed her lips together, her eyes unreadable. After a long pause she sighed
“You’re right” Mom shook her head and adjusted herself so she was more comfortable. “And that’s not what I want to talk to you about anyway” By the look on her face something was troubling her. 
“What’s the matter?” I asked, wary now. After a long,irritable pause mom finally met my eyes, her own expression shaky 
“It’s Isabel...” She began. I straightened up abruptly my heart getting rapidly faster with each beat, all tiredness forgotten. 
“What’s the matter with her? Is she alright? Did something happen?” It took me a few panicked moments to realize how fast I was speaking. Mom looked alarmed at my sudden outburst.
“No, no of course not” She said quickly “Nothing has happened” Relieved I calmed down, my heart rate soon returning to its normal speed. Sinking back into the cushions I allowed myself to relax. 
Once mom was sure I was okay again she carried on 
“Isabel keeps seeing things. “She got up and began to pace the living room back and forth. The expression in her eyes showed that she was thinking. “Tonight before she went to bed she complained about something-or someone stealing dolly.” She stopped and turned to face me. “Do you know what this is about?” 
Oh I knew. The answer made the unsettling feeling of nausea wash over me, and I suddenly fought the urge to vomit. It was them, it must be. Just as I had feared the fey were starting to invade my younger sister’s life like they had done to me. My heart rate increased once again, and I dug my nails into the smooth leather of the sofa. 
“Skylar? Are you okay? What’s the matter?” Mom's puzzled voice broke through my dark thoughts, "How much have you had to drink?" I looked up at her. Her face was shadowed. Whether with uncertainty or concern I couldn’t quite tell. I opened my mouth to speak but it felt dry, like I hadn’t had a drink in months. 

“No, no. I..It’s okay mum” I said, my voice a little shaky “I was just…thinking” Shaking my head I pushed down the panic rising like bile in my throat and stood. “I’m not sure what Isabel is on about, but I’m sure it’s just her imagination” Mum looked me up and down through leaf-green eyes. I was half expecting her to push the subject further, but fortunately she didn’t. Her eyes brightened once more and she relaxed.
“Of course” she chuckled, walking over to me and drawing me into a hug “Of course it’s just her imagination” I could tell she was trying to convince herself that it was nothing, but deep down I knew that her curiosity had not yet been satisfied. Finally she released me.
“Well, at least that’s something I don’t need to worry about anymore. You should go to bed” 
Without another word I nodded, turning I walked to the bottom of the stairs and began to climb. My limbs were stiff, and my heart still raced. 
If Isabel is starting to see The Fey then it won’t be long before mom finds out and something terrible happens. 


© 2015 Fearless603


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on March 17, 2015
Last Updated on March 17, 2015


Author

Fearless603
Fearless603

-, -, United Kingdom



About
My Likes; Rock music/Bands such as Fall out boy, My chemical Romance, All time low, Lower than Atlantis. Reading and writing; Anything from Fantasy to Romance. Art; Drawing, painting and photography.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Fearless603


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Fearless603


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Fearless603