Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Fearless603

By the end of the night several people were passed out on the floor, others supporting their drunk friends as they wobbled out of the building. I snaked my arm around Kelsie’s waist as we walked towards the double doors and Dan took her other side. She, by now was on the verge of collapsing. We helped her down the steps and into the front seat of Dan’s jaguar. “Are you getting in?” Dan asked me once Kelsie was belted up. I was about to nod when Robbie walked up beside me 
“I can take you home if you like” He suggested softly, eyeing a sleeping Kelsie. “She needs to get home” He added.
My first thought was no. absolutely not. A ride with a faerie? That wouldn’t end up well. But then I thought about Kelsie and Dan. The boy looked concerned. Robbie was right. Kelsie did need to get home and get to bed. I turned to him, eyeing him suspiciously.
“I don’t know..” I trailed off. The red haired boy met my eyes with those beautiful green ones 
“Its up to you Snowdrop..i'm not going to force you” 
I didn’t know this Faerie. I had only met him a couple of days ago when he had asked if I could tell him the direction of his next class. And it then had only been brief. I sighed. And if he was the famous prankster I thought he could be, that would only mean more trouble. 
“Fine” I said with a small, forced smile. I really needed to stop giving in to things. “Dan, Robbie can take me home, you should go back to yours and put Kelsie to bed.” I turned to the black haired boy and he nodded 
“Okay Skylar, if you’re sure. I will tell Kelsie to ring you in the morning” 
Truth was, I wasn’t sure. I wasn’t sure at all how this night would end up. But I kept a smile on my face and nodded. Dan smiled back and glanced cautiously at the boy next to me before he slid into the driver’s seat and pulled out of the parking lot, disappearing down the road. I waved after him, watching the headlights on his car become more distant and then fade altogether. 
“Okay” I breathed, turning to Robbie “Let’s go”
He grinned and began to walk. “Um, where are you going?” I asked, my tone puzzled. Robbie glanced at me
“To your house of course” My eyes darted around the car park “Don’t you have a…car?” I emphasized the ‘car’ on the end. Making sure my voice was clear. 
“I told you I would take you home, I never said how”
I growled, stupid Faeries and their games! Then I realized with a start by looking at Robbie’s are-you-feeling-alright look that the fey were allergic to iron and metal. Of course Faeries couldn’t have cars. My face flushed with embarrassment. D****t sky! “Um..Sorry.” I offered, avoiding his eyes. Then I groaned at the thought of walking. After a night at a party travelling 5 blocks on foot was not a very grand idea. Even for someone like me. 
“Oh don’t worry snowdrop. I can get us there quicker than you can say poof!” I gave him a confused look and he laughed in return “Hold on tight!” He grabbed my hand in his. As our skin met a spark of something that felt like electricity shot up my arm and I winced at the sudden reaction. Robbie however kept a firm hold of me. Next thing we knew I was standing on smooth black tarmac. A black Ford was parked just up ahead, on a drive that lead up to a small house. Lights shone from the living room window. My eyes rounded in surprise, looking around. I was home. “How did you..?” I looked at the Faerie boy who smiled in satisfaction. After a moment of gripping my hand he released me and the funny feeling I got with it. 
“Magic” he grinned, raising a slender finger and tapping his nose. I rolled my eyes at him
Freaking Faeries and their magic!
“More Faerie tricks?” I raised an eyebrow and he grinned sheepishly 
“Well Snowdrop-“ 
“Stop calling me that!” I muttered, still a little tingly from where he had touched me. Robbie laughed and ran a hand through his hair, eyes shining. 
“Whatever you say... Snowdrop” He said with a sly smile. I sighed, about to snap at him, but held my tongue. I was too tired to think about Faeries calling me strange names right now. And to be honest, I didn’t really want to. “Thanks for bringing me-“I snapped my head up “Hold on. How do you know where I live?” I asked my tone low so as not to wake Isabel who would be sleeping. He shoved his hands into his pockets and shrugged. Like it was no big issue. 
“Oh please” He scoffed in mock tone. “All... well, most of the fey in this area know where you live Skylar” he met my eyes and I gasped silently at their intensity. “You’re quite popular” 
I felt a shiver pass up my spine. More fey. Knowing where I live. Even just thinking about it made me feel unsafe. 
“How the hell do the fey know about me and my family?” I asked, my voice louder than I thought. It didn’t take me long to realize that my hands were shaking every so slightly. Robbie looked at me, concern in his eyes 
“Are you alight Snowdrop?” He asked. 
I clenched my fists with a start, ignoring my white knuckles. 
“No! Of course it’s not! The fey know all about me and my family. They could be in serious danger Robbie!” i tried keeping the tremor out of my voice. Robbie winced at my sudden sharpness, but i was too worried to feel any regret.

“Listen. Skylar. The Fey know where you live yes, but that doesn’t mean your family are in extreme danger. They will leave you be, the queen ordered them to and-” He suddenly went quiet. I blinked in confusion 
“Queen?” I mused, looking at him dead on. He deliberately avoided my eyes, running a hand through his crimson hair. There was something he wasn’t telling me. I opened my mouth to speak but instead I yawned, feeling tiredness seep back into my limbs. 
“You should go home” Robbie said, after a moment of silence. The smile returned to his face. The intense moment gone. “See ya Snowdrop! With that he turned and headed back down the driveway before I could reply. Disappearing out of sight.
I yawned again. My bed was calling me, and all I wanted to do was get inside. Pushing the nagging sensation to the deepest corner of my mind I made my way past mom's Ford and through the front door.


© 2015 Fearless603


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on March 17, 2015
Last Updated on March 17, 2015


Author

Fearless603
Fearless603

-, -, United Kingdom



About
My Likes; Rock music/Bands such as Fall out boy, My chemical Romance, All time low, Lower than Atlantis. Reading and writing; Anything from Fantasy to Romance. Art; Drawing, painting and photography.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Fearless603


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Fearless603


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Fearless603