Chapter 1 -- The Carnival of the Damned

Chapter 1 -- The Carnival of the Damned

A Chapter by Forbidden

 

Carnival of the Damned
 
Cameron and I were sitting in my room; he had just barged into our house – just like any other day – and came into my room holding a poster that covered every inch of spare wall in Portland, which was the city I resided in at the moment.
“Max, have you seen this poster lately?” Cam asked me, again trying to shove the poster into my face.
“It’s hard not to Cam... It’s on every spare inch of wall downtown!!” I yelled right back at him jumping up off of the bed; he was annoying me even more so than any other day; why did he have to bring this crap here?
“Don’t you think it sounds interesting, they got a really cool poster design and “The Carnival of the Damned” is a really cool name for the carnival?” Cam said trying to convince me to go with him to the carnival, another thing he has been doing for the past two weeks since this ‘carnival’ has been in town.
“Why would I want to go to a stupid freak show for? Their advertising sucks and who on earth WOULD go to a carnival with such a creepy name?” I retorted. Why didn’t he just give up on this freak show or at least go without me?
“Oh come on Max, please just come with me. You owe me remember?” He practically whined back at me. He was right on one part, I did owe him. Last week when we went to see Saw VI, I had no cash left so he paid for me to go see it. I looked at his whining face and gave in; why not go to this “carnival”? It couldn’t be that bad, Could it?
“Fine,” I replied with a sigh, his eyes popped open and he started jumping up and down on my bed as if he was five years old again. He probably thought I would never give in to his stupid demands.
“Really?” He asked me, I nodded my head. I could tell he was about to go crazy and I didn’t want him in my room when he did.
“Awesome Max, You won’t regret it.” He said in excitement, running out of my room and accidently leaving behind the big poster he had brought in with him. I could understand why he would go to it but that didn’t make his reasoning stupid as always and at the bottom of the page, was the day and time it opened. Saturday, 7:00 pm; how odd that I would give in an hour before it opened.
 
 
Synester’s P.O.V
I stared into the mirror; it did not reflect my face but my master’s face. To avoid death, I made a trade with the devil. If I ran this carnival from shore to shore in every town that we came across I would avoid death. The carnival was to bring him souls to feed on. His blood red eyes stared at me from within the mirror, his black like hair spiked in every direction possible and his pale white skin was as cool and hard as stone.
“Master, with respect, I don’t want to do this anymore.” I half pleaded with him; I knew it was a hopeless cause.
“Have you forgotten our agreement?” He finished with a harsh bark, almost sounding like the b*****d he was.
“Of course not,” I replied sullenly. How could I forget it?
“Then you will do it. Unless if you want to die just like they will.” He quickly added in. No, I didn’t want to do this but that want wasn’t as big as the want to live, even if it had to be under this condition.
“Of course master. What is the plan for tonight,” I asked already half knowing the answer; it would be the same as every other night.
“The same as any other night, Synester.” He replied a picture flashed across the mirror; a drawing of a human skeleton, drawn with a heart right in the middle of the skeletal rib cage. The picture was drawn by one of the women who worked in the carnival, it was the masters idea; to steal the soul of every human whose soul was not own by god or my master. I laughed a sharp short bark at the idea of God, if there was even a God, he couldn’t save me now.
“...To steal the soul of every human who enters this carnival.” My master started laughing like the maniac he was. I barley caught the end of his little speech.
“As you wish master,” I bowed my head slightly; my master was harsh but being on his side was better than being eaten by him.
“Now go Synester. You only have a short time until the hour arrives.” He told me before the mirror shimmered and he was gone, what remained in the mirror was just my reflection, my true reflection. My skin half covered my face; my hair remained on the half that my skin was. On the other half of my face, you could only see the raw red meat that was protected by the skin. I was half demon and half man, this was the price I had to pay for escaping death. I turned and left the tent, outside of my privet tent was the demon carnival that I run; my minions - just as hideously ugly as myself - ran around preparing the carnival; we had fifteen minutes before it started and it seemed that we were well prepared. The humans lined up outside, the line stretched for a few blocks long. My master was going to be well fed tonight if nothing else.

Max Max

Cameron Cameron



© 2009 Forbidden


Author's Note

Forbidden
Please comment and tell me what you think, I have had this idea in my head for a while now and I would love to know what you guys think of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

^.^ Sounds interesting! The only suggestions I can make are giving more background on the characters so that we know who they are and why they're even a part of the story, and then just doing your common edits from a read-through. Other than that, I really look forward to reading the rest of this!! I can totally see this as a hit movie I'd watch. Great job! Thanks 4 requesting! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting and well written. I would definitely look forward to reading more and to seeing how it all turns out.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2009


Author

Forbidden
Forbidden

Sydney, Australia



About
A Little Info About Forbidden: Age: 21 Eye Colour: Green/Hazel Hair colour: Brown Hometown: Australia/ Sydney Family Members: Nine (9) Facebook/Myspace: Facebook!! Email adress: r_kechagias@hot.. more..

Writing
Two Cities Two Cities

A Poem by Forbidden