Chapter 3 My Punishment MissionPart II

Chapter 3 My Punishment MissionPart II

A Chapter by ALittleBitOfEverything

Mike 's tense arm spasmed around my stomach, I seen his face change into disgust as his head dropped next to mine. He forced a smile.
                 That's another thing we've managed to achieve. The signs for when a demon arrives.
Mine was simply bile rising up my throat, the acid burning as it edges into my mouth. The acid smell rushing up to my nose, making my eyes water. Then I feel sick. I never am sick, though, it's just like a kick in the stomach and my brain yelling they're here, they're here!
                 I didn't know everyone elses, but our signs have improved over the years. I now know Mike's is muscle spasms.
                 "Don't react, Ammie," He whispered in my ear, I could feel the clog in my throat. "Act normal, I'll help." He started giggling, tugging on my jacket playfully. I felt oblivious. What on Earth was he doing? Then he gave me a warning look. He had full direct eyesight to the door, my back was to it, so I could only see the desk and ugly paintings of boats on the walls.
                 He leaned in again. "They're taking a table next to us." He spoke through gritted teeth, his eyes burning.  I smelt the anger come off of him, like a passionate fragrance.
                 The bald man came back after that, he eyed Mike beside me. Mike just smiled wickedly at the bald man, and the man looked down me and seen Mike's arm around me. He had a smile on his face. "This your boyfriend?" He smiled. I seen a tooth was missing, and at the back he had a gold tooth. He smelt more like chicken tikka.
                 I felt my mouth drop.
"Yes," Mike said in unison when I said "No." I bit my lip, thinking how stupid I was. This was acting.
"I mean, yeah." I giggled more girly than I wanted to.
                 "Oh, young love." The old man's smile was wise and sad. I had to avoid his gaze, it was killing me. I never wanted to grow old, damn it. "Anyway," He paused and handed over another steaming cup of hot chocolate. "Here's your refill." He smiled wanly.
                 "Thank you." I smiled back and twirled around. I swore under my breath, not only cause some hot chocolate scolded my fingers as it dripped over, but my jacket was open. And when twirling, my belt would've been a little on show.
                 Then I seen them.
They did well to cover their scent with heavy amounts of perfume, I could taste it at the back of my throat. Better than having the acid bile. There was five of them. Sitting by our table and deep in conversation, except one. A boy. And he was staring right at me. His skin wasn't yellow, but tinged a slightly off colour. The rest had a milk-off colour to their skin, a bit of a faded bruise colour. The boy had long, scraggly brown hair. His eyes a tree bark colour, a shaky brown. His lips looked bruised as well as his nose, which was bent to one side.
                  He just stared at me. I forced a smile on my face, I didn't care if it looked fake.
The rest were just talking, two more boys who looked way older than us, and two girls. One looked our age and the other looked old enough to be her mother.
                  Mike's hand flew up to my face. I was scared for a minute, but he just ushered my face to his, our eyes meeting and noses touching. He leaned in.
                 I felt my eyes bulge and hope my clan wasn't watching. Hoping Nathan wasn't looking.
Why Nathan?! I shouted at my stupid mind. I don't care what he thinks!
                  
Mike's eyes looked soft at me for a minute, then he whispered. "Don't get angry now," He leaned closer, our lips slightly brushing. I tried to pull away a little, the feel of his coffee breath on my lips made me feel uncomfortable. I squirmed. "I'm your boyfriend, remember?" He chuckled, saying the word boyfriend sarcastically. "Follow my lead, ignore them."
                    "One of them is staring at me." I hissed at him, being careful not be over heard.
Then Mike hugged me, his hand roaming my back. I felt warm all over, my body glowing pink from embarrassment. I peeked over to my group who gave ninja looks over to the table beside them. Only Clair and Nathan watched me. Clair had a playful smile on her face, I knew what she was thinking. But Nathan looked troubled, as if it was hard to stay still. When my eyes went to him, he looked at the table beside theirs, his jaw tensed.
                      "I see," Mike ducked his face into the curve of my neck, his warm breath tickling mine. I felt like kneeing him in the groin. I felt my face burn. "He looks like he's just been turned, he isn't fully controlled over his body yet." Mike whispered, taking my hand and guiding me to the table on wobbly legs. The group smiled at me, knowing the script as well as I do.
                       "God, get a room you two!" Amy shrieked, slamming her palms on the table, her face twitched a little.
                       "When you two stop romancing, lets drink up!" Alyson gave me a poisonous glare, I felt a hot bubble of anger rise inside me. I returned it. Clair shuffled more to make room for Mike, whose arm had rested on the chair behind me. He slightly gave a look over his shoulder to the boy that still stared at me.
                        Even sitting down, I felt as if ants crawled on my skin, I shivered. His stare creeped me out as much as Nathan's, who just glarred at the table, unmoving.
                        "This is great," Sarah announced. "Theres no worries in the world right now!" She lifted her drink and recluctantly, everyone else did so, clinking their coffee cups together. I didn't dare do it, since mine was still full, I'd scald everyone.
                        I still felt the tingly stare of the young demon boy from beside us, Mike just shifted closer to me, as if purring on my neck. He just whispered. "He's still staring at you." His mouth moved closer to my ear as I glimpsed at Nathan, who lookded away from me. He had stared at me.
                       "I know," I turned my face to Mike's, my nose brushing his, our mouths inches apart. "I can feel it, dumbass."
                       He chuckled. "Love you." He said playfully, his arm wrapping around my shoulders. Then he peered over to the demon boy. "Jealous?" He lifted one side of his mouth while the demon stared at him.
                       "Yeah, dude." The demon boys voice was quiet, a little childish. His sticky brown eyes glued to me. "She's something."
                       I felt like being sick all over Mike's lap or in the demon boys face. I even saw Mike's face twitch from the stench. For some reason, the younger demons smell is at its richest, making everyone look at them and gag.
I heard Clair giggle.
                        Soon enough, it was all over, because the demon group were leaving.
The boy still stared at me when he was walking out, whispering to one of his demonized friends. When they were all out, all my friends let out a shaky sigh, Danny even coughed.
                        "Lets move." Nathan said hoarsly.
We all filed out our seats like soldiers or professional actors and actresses. Mike moved away from me since the movie was over and drifted over to Amy's side, who smiled gratefully at him. Her smile made her face light up.
What did that mean again? I questioned my mind.
                         I trudged next to Clair, who inhaled deeply in the night air. I smelt car engines and heard a dog bark far away. The cold air prickled at me, causing my teeth to chatter.
                         "Who ever is chattering," Nathan commanded. "Quit it."
I bit both my lips. Oops.
                         
We stalked the dirty paths, hearing the distinct laughter of the group of demons a few minutes ahead of us. I was at the back of the clan that staked like predators up the path. Nathan and Alyson paired together, a strong wall. Then Sarah and Danny, giants, an unpenetrable force. Then Amy and Mike, whispering under their breaths. Clair was at the back, jogging behind the group. I was just right at the back, trying not to let my teeth chatter and stared at the large moon, the dark craters like sleepy bags under someones eyes.
                          We passed plenty of empty, dirty alley ways and darkened houses, already asleep.
All of a sudden, a hand came out of a tight alley and clamped my mouth. The hand was strong enough to drag my back to a solid body, I squirmed, fear pricking at my senses. I was scared now, no one knew I had been captured like this. I smelt a stank that riddled my nose, a rotten smell. I wanted to gag.
                        "You smell good." The young demon boy whispered, his digusting, greasy hair falling in my face. I tried to bite his hand, it didn't work. I kicked his shin, knee, didn't even budge. He did swear under his breath, however. I had one hand on his, which was around my waist, strapping me to him. My other hand touching my pistol, under his arm that trapped my arm, the cool metal shocking my hot skin, blood rushed to my hands. "You'd make a great wife, how do you think having your soul sucked out sounds?" He licked my neck.
                        I felt my eyes bulge.
The only way a demon can suck out a soul is from a strong point of a pulse. Their lips, teeth or tongue can extract a soul within minutes. So his slimey tongue near my cartoid artery made me flinch.
                       "You'd like that, wouldn't you?" He chuckled in my ear, my eyes burning, fingers tapping my pistol. His arm around my stomach trapped my arm, unmoving. I clawed at his arm, felt the skin tear away under my fingernails, spots of blood on my skin.
                       I stared at the large moon in front of me, the little house opposite quiet and asleep. No help for me here. I seen Clair's smiling face trickle through my memory, along with all of my friends, and Nathan's was last for some reason. The grim look of his frown turned upside down when me and him joked on while Alyson closely watched.
                      A tear slid down my face, dripping off the young demons dirty, gritty fingers.
"Over my dead body, a*****e." I didn't see a shadow cross my vision until I concentrated hard enough. Since the stinky demon boy dragged me ten feet away from the entrance and deeper into the urine and rat infested alley, I couldn't think properly and thought it was over for me. I felt my smile broaden, even thought no one could see it. But the demon boy's fingers felt it.
                     "What?" He said suprisingly. "Do you even know what I am, kid?" He taunted, his fingers dipping into my side, causing me to wince. He was digging his fingernails into my side, under my jacket. I felt my face burn, anger bubbling within.
                   This b*****d was touching me up.
"Yeah," The familiar voice said, I couldn't hear it because of my buzzing ears. "And I'm going to stop what you are wanting to achieve. While I'm kicking your a*s, your friends are getting killed." I knew who it was from the venom in his voice.
                   Nathan had came back to rescue me. He usually did, so it wasn't suprising. Every time I dropped my weapon, or a demon was on top of me, or I was trapped in a corner, he was always there. I never actually thanked him enough for all the recues.
                  "What?" The demon hissed, looking behind him and tugging me further back. "You liar!" He spat, fumbling with me.
                  "Get your grubby little hands off of her," Nathan moved closer, his silhouette looked like he was carrying someone thing, he lifted his weapon with ease. "Now." He spoke angrily.
"Hah," The demon pressed his face next to mine. "This little one doesn't want me to." He chuckled in my ear. I rolled my eyes. He moved his hand from my mouth to my throat before I could scream. He tightened his grip on my jugular. I winced and felt pain soar through my body, my legs rising off the floor a little, arms dead limp. I seen Nathan flinch closer, but the demon gave a warning. "I wouldn't if I were you," He laughed. "Move any closer and her throat will be crushed."
                   Nathan dropped his weapon to the side of his body, my vision went blurry as he tightened. I fumbled for my pistol on my side, brushing my jacket away. It didn't work as I struggled for air.
                   "Now, Mr. Demon Slayer," The demon licked his lips. "Put your weapon down, or I'll kill your girlfriend."
Girlfriend?! I played in my mind. I wouldn't dare be a girlfriend or a boring guy! My mind argued back since I was struggling to breathe.
The demon's chuckle made me sick, and I used my numb fingers to grip the hand grip, it was a loose hold because I couldn't feel my own hand never mind the pistol.
                  "Take me instead," Nathan said calmly, trying to inch closer. The demon knew as he inched backwards swiftly. "I'm the one you want."
                  "I dunno," The demon said thoughtfully. "You wouldn't be a great wife for me." He laughed while bringing me closer, he let go of my throat to grab my hair.
                  I choked, inhaling the sickly air, but at least my lungs filled up and I could breathe again. My neck would have bruises on it in the morning. B*****d.
                  Thankfully, the feeling in my limbs worked again. But the demon had hold of my ponytail and dragged me back. I gasped and used one hand to grip his hand while I made sure my pistol didn't fall from the belt loop. S**t.
                  The pistol clanged to the floor, into a dirty puddle. Great.
"Oh," The demon said sarcastically sad. "A wife that would try to kill me?" He tutted. "That won't do." He dragged me to the floor, my coxic bone smashing into the concrete.
                  "Ah!" I screamed silently, grabbing my arse and the demon still tugged on my hair. Pain welled all up my back and paralysed my legs. I nearly cried, I wouldn't be able to walk for weeks, now. I blinked back tears that wanted to be freed and tried to reach for my gun.
                 I seen Nathan inch closer again.
"Please," He ushered. "Let her go, you don't want her." He held his palms out, I seen his gun on the floor behind him.
                 "Shut up, you killer!" The demon spat, dragging me back by my hair as I kicked and screamed from the pain that enveloped at the back of my skull. My a*s numbed but it still killed. "I'm taking her with me, and you can't do anything about it!" He seethed, dragging me up. As soon as he did, I swiveled on jelly legs to face him. "Oh," He smiled cutely, his greasy hair lined with sweat. "You're even more pretty in shadows." He smiled.
                 "You'd be gorgeous under my boot," I smiled wickedly. "Dead."
Confusion crossed his ugly features as I raised my boot backward. The demon gripped both my arms and squeezed, but Nathat was quicker. "Now, Nathan!" I shouted as he dived to my feet, clicking the logo on my boot.
                 The logo was a pair of pistols, pointing away from eachother and facing up diagonally. A white snake tangled in both guns and a silver sword between the guns and behind the snake. The pommel (the end of the sword attached to the grip) was a shiny silver ball. Only because it was the pommel was the button to activate the blade to slide through the front and back of my boot. Nathan ducked to the side so the back blade wouldn't get him.
                 I drove the front blade up, using momentum to strike the demon boy's thigh, grinding off bone. I flinched at the break of his flesh and muscle. He screamed dully, pain kicking in (My puns are terrible). But he bent down on his knees and looked up to me. His hands pressed to his bleeding thigh. His eyes turned yellow, black slits forming from his normal circle pupils. It was scary how it changed.
                "You would've made a pretty wife." He whispered, facing the black sky. My blade shined in the moonlight, the dark red blood dripped from the metal.
                "You don't know what you're talking about." I took a step to the side, bringing my foot back like in practise. My heel dug into the concrete, my coxis bone making it harder to move. I grunted as I kicked up my boot and twirled hard and kicked him into the chest.
                I heard the gruff shriek of the demon boy before the fire burning yellow of his eyes turned back to a sticky brown, rolling into the back of his head. His body slumped backwards, the sweat on his face gleamed in the moonlight. 
                The way assassins knew they were successful to killing a demon is by the horrible, rotten smell that drifted away like mist, their eyes go black if they wren't attacking and weren't yellow, or their eyes either went cross eyed or back into their head if they did attack. This demon deflated a little. The sickly smell lessened, but I had to remind myself I was in a alley that smelled like a boys toilets that had been uncleaned for a while.
                "Good job," Nathan moved to my side. The body crumpled on the dirty floor looked childish. The body the demon took over must've been a good guy, his lips looked hurt, eyebrows raised. He was just a kid, barely our age.
                "I killed him." My eyes brimmed with tears, my nose burning.
"No," He looked at me, his eyes trying to reassure me. "They killed him, you killed the demon within him. You did the guy a favor, Ammie. Don't you dare think you killed someone." He gently grabbed my arms and made me face him, my bottom lip quivering.
                 He was right. I killed the demon that had been festering in the empty boy that had been sucked out. I didn't kill him, they did. I just did him a favor and avenged his death. I wasn't a killer, I was a demon assassin.
                 "Everyone okay, here?" Clair appeared at the end of the alley, her breathing sounded strained. She seen me and rushed over. "I knew you weren't at the back of our group, and when I was about to find you, they pounced on us." She budged passed Nathan and hugged me tightly, I smelt tangy copper on her. She had blood on her forehead and her gun in her hand. It was warm from the recent shooting, thank God it had silencers on. She also smelt of sweat, her long coat was dotted with blood and hair, I grimaced. "They kept saying one of their guys had you in a alley and were turning right there and then..." Clair's voice trailed off, her eyes watering, arms shaking on me. "If you turned into a demon, I'd...Kick your a*s." She did a sad smile.
                 I hugged her back tightly, knowing what it was like losing someone.
I heard laughter and cheers as the gang came back.
                 I seen Danny and Sarah kiss while moving with the group, Alyson, Amy and Mike all cheered, all smiles. They peered down the dark alley and Mike called in. "Is she alright?"
                "Yep!" Nathan smiled at me warmly, I felt my insides turn. Weird.
"The funny thing is," Clair whispered in my ear. "When I was trying to run to you, Nathan pushed past me and charged down the path looking down alley ways. Alyson looked pissed." She giggled into my ear, I smiled to myself, seeing Nathan's smile fade as Alyson glarred at him and me.
                "Ew," Clair moved away from me, holding me at arms length. "You absoloutely stink." She smiled at me. I wasn't suprised since a demon had licked me like a lolly. I shuddered.
                "C'mon," Danny smiled at us all like his very own siblings. "Lets get back."

           
Premium

We arrived at ten to eleven at night, cheering and smiling.
                   "Well?" Mr. Lockwood greeted us at the office door, peering over his glasses. He was in a crimped black suit.
                   "Got five of them," Nathan confirmed.
Before we left, we burnt the bodies in an alley and gathered the dust into a bag which Danny, Mike and Nathan dragged in. They smelt fresh and not like a pile of rotting bodies.
                  "Ammie was attacked, however," Alyson chipped in almost to delightedly, smirking at me when I glanced behind me.
                  "I'm sure she picked herself up." Mr. Lockwood smiled warmly at me, his mustache rising. Damn, that thing scared me.
                  "She killed the demon right after I helped out." Nathan stared at Mr. Lockwood and then at me, a grim look on his face as he dumped the bag on the floor.
                  "Great work, Clan 41," Mr. Lockwood praised us while giving us appreciated smiles. "Ammie," He peered at me over his thick black glasses. "I'll make sure you only get one day of detention." He smiled at me.
                  "What?" Alyson huffed. "She got attacked, if anything, it should be a week!" She shrieked.
"Quiet, Miss Dames," Mr. Lockwood sighed. "The whole building is either asleep of out trainging." He looked at all of us again. "Now get a shower and to bed, you're all smelling up the halls.
"


© 2012 ALittleBitOfEverything


Author's Note

ALittleBitOfEverything
Ignore the grammer and mistakes!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 16, 2012


Author

ALittleBitOfEverything
ALittleBitOfEverything

United Kingdom



About
Right, I'm back after months! (return 09/12/2014) and I am no longer a wannabe goth kid weirdo. I no longer listen to bands that make me depressed a little and on my (maybe) last course of college of .. more..

Writing