Part Two: In your essence

Part Two: In your essence

A Chapter by Douglas Levi Gribbins

Meanwhile in Devin's life, he is now attending his local elementary school, a private school, I might add, because his father wanted nothing less than the best for his son, Devin acted happy to be going to a fancy school, but, like his father, couldn't forget his brother. Jerry was seemingly attempting to forget his other son ever existed, and what he did to get where he is today. It was obvious that the unavoidable guilt in selling his own son had finally struck Jerry, and when it did, no mercy was given by his emotions, he suffered nightmares, anxiety attacks, endless crying, not even his new wife, Stacy, could help in the matter, Jerry was being attacked by his own emotions, would he make it? Only time would tell.

It was 2181, Xavier was awoken one day by Professor Close standing outside his test room, ordering the workers to chain Xavier up so that he could not move, Xavier did not struggle, as, for some reason, he trusted the Professor, After being chained up to complete immobility, two scientists with unmarked syringes filled with different colored liquids walked in slowly, Xavier, being only 7 years of age, feared syringes and needles, and struggled to move, but to no avail. Professor Close spoke into the microphone "Good morning, son, what we are injecting you with is known as Axolotl-A1, it is named after the animal it was made from, if this is successful, you will be able to regenerate your broken organs, or limbs, I promise you, this will hurt.". After it was said, one of the scientists forcefully injected Xavier with the liquid, and squeezed all of it inside his back, forcing Xavier to pass out.

Back home, Jerry was diagnosed with severe anxiety, and an addiction to sleep medication shortly after he was scolded publicly for selling his own son to the military, nobody knows how the news got out, but it tore him apart. Jerry had often been seen pacing down the hallways holding his head up asking himself why he did what he did, in order to keep Devin from hearing about it and questioning what he had been told of Xavier's fate, Jerry had told him to write letters to Xavier in his "Happy" place, the address being a fake one, of course. Devin, overjoyed at the thought that he finally had contact with his lost brother, wrote to him nonstop, almost three times a day, but what even made Jerry cringe, was that his own son, was the only person who did not know of his brother's true fate.

Later that year, near Christmas, Xavier was woken up hanging from the ceiling, his arms and legs spread out and tied with a thick rope. Below him, were machines that looked as if they were to be used in warfare, after a few minutes of consciousness, Xavier heard Professor Close speak into the microphone once more, "It's been awhile, well not for you, for everyone else. it has, I do apologize for putting you to sleep for this long so much, It doesn't seem to be affecting your age, you seem to be aging normally, anyways, today we are here to test the new chemicals we have injected you with, we are going to slice your left arm off, that should activate it, causing you to regenerate, bones and all!" the Professor laughed and was about to ask if Xavier was ready, but pushed the button instead. To Xavier's worst fears, a large blade sped towards his left arm almost at blinding speeds, sliding it off, leaving his body to hang toward the other direction. The bleeding had immediately been stopped by bandages completely covering it, but Xavier was screaming and crying in pain, once again, he had been put to sleep.



© 2014 Douglas Levi Gribbins


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so sad. It's got me in tears.

That is pure torture. I would've killed them if they did that to MY son.



Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 14, 2014
Last Updated on November 14, 2014
Tags: Death, Dismemberment, Not Insurance, Personal