Chapter Three: Cornette and Riley

Chapter Three: Cornette and Riley

A Chapter by Douglas Levi Gribbins
"

Cornette and Riley have gone dark, no response, Williams and the newcomer, Davis, run after them, what will they find?

"
   Davis and Williams charge back down the hallway, when meeting the intersection, they found that the alien corpse had dissapeared, davis utters an explicit and quickly followed Williams down the other hallway, whom had'nt even noticed the dissapearence. Williams radiod Paige: "Williams to Paige, Status!" to which she replied "Paige to Williams, the door locked up, I've been trying to contact you, what happened?" "Interference, Cornette and Riley went dark." "I've been getting lonely out here, sir, Did you push the wrong button or something?" To which Williams didn't reply, as he and Davis arrived at the door Cornette and Riley found.
"That's the symbol they found, but it's flashing red." Pointed out Davis. Williams noted the open doorway behind the symbol, and stared it down as if he was issuing the darkness a challenge. Williams prepared his weapon, instructed Davis to do the same, and ordered "Stay behind me, Private." before cautiously moving into the room. Williams moved facing forward the entire time, the light on his weapon only looking for his soldiers, Davis observed around the room, and found a weapon he could not mistake, a silver and blue metallic gun, used by none other than the Meaola. "Sir, check this out." After Williams had noted the finding, he grew even more worried about his men, and continiously tried contacting them by the radio, but to no avail. Davis remarked in panic "Sir, if the Meaola are here, Cornette and Riley are a lost cause, we should pull out before we suffer the same fate!" to which, upon hearing that, William stopped, turned around and faced Davis, staring for a few moments before saying "I know they destroyed Orion and murdered your family, I get that, but we don't leave people behind, Private, I'd do the same for you even if I was on my own."
Davis nodded and kept moving with Williams, finding other Meaola weaponry along the way. He noted "Sir, why are there only weapons here and no bodies?" Williams replied "I don't know, but something tells me that dead alien back there was killed by them." Davis wanted to tell his officer about the corpse dissapearing, but it'd seem that it would be a very unimportant detail, and he felt too anxious to speak. As they proceeded into the pitch darkness of the rooms, they began to hear struggles coming from a nearby room, growling, smashing, and commotion, Williams charged at the door with Davis following, they got to the door, and Williams saw the symbol, and pressed it, making it slide open.


© 2018 Douglas Levi Gribbins


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on June 24, 2018
Last Updated on June 27, 2018