Chapter Four: Engaged

Chapter Four: Engaged

A Chapter by Douglas Levi Gribbins
"

Prepare to meet the enemy of your enemy, which is also your enemy.

"
                                               The door slid open, flashlights on the duos weapons illuminated the void room, Davis could feel his heartbeat in his head, Williams observed everything he could see in the room, a dark orange smoke could be seen waving around the room, the silence felt like screaming as every moment felt like hell to Davis. Moments into the search, Williams hears a loud clang, and he momentarily loses sight of Davis, his weapon knocked to the floor, upon investigation, Riley had ran straight into him, shocked, in fear, traumatized beyond words. Her eyes seemed like they were bound open, and locked onto Davis. Davis restrained her, held her by her arms, upon trying to speak, Riley shushed him, looking behind her. She whispered "We need to get the hell out of here." Riley ran in the direction Davis and Williams just came from, the duo followed. 

              Once they reached the main hallway, Williams spoke firmly "Riley, Report, that's an order.". She quickly responded, looking at Williams: "Sir, Cornette and I went into the corridor and we kept hearing noises, seemingly coming from the walls but we're still not sure, Cornette found a room filled with old, dusty tech, and what appeared to be lab samples and specimens, aswell as weapons, Cornette wanted to bring some samples back for study, so he released them, thinking they were dead, but they weren't, they came out in large numbers, and attacked us, split us up, they seemed to not notice me, but they all chased after Cornette.". Davis replied snarkingly "It was the Meaola, wasn't it? They were here first, we found their weapons." Riley looked away and said "They looked like them, big ears, the same body structure, for the most part, but I gauruntee you, this wasn't them."
Williams punched a nearby wall and gave orders "Riley, Davis, lock and load your weapons, we're going after Cornette, double time it!" before darting down the hallway. With Davis and Riley soon following.

           Riley shouted at Williams to stop, he did momentarily, before hearing Riley say "Sir, I don't wanna go back in there, those things, those monsters, they'll kill us all, how do you plan on beating them?!" Williams stared Riley down and said calmly "If your brother knew you were in there and had a chance at saving you, he'd go in there alone, just remember that." before walking back into the corridor with his weapon ready, saying "Let's go, Davis." Davis following him, while looking back at Riley, before she begrudgingly follows. Williams walks into a dimly lit room, Riley whispers "This is where we found them." Williams doesn't respond directly, he just orders "Spread out, team." Williams goes straight ahead and begins analyzing the consoles, Riley goes left, Davis goes right. Williams notices in the reflection of one of the glass cases, a sithlouette, when he turns around to view it, aiming his weapon at it, he knew it was what chased off Cornette. It was a creature with dark red, blistering skin, 7 ft tall, skinny, with a seemingly normal cat-like head, but the head is twisted to the side, making way for the enourmous hole in the neck where many pertruding short tentacles were moving about in, as if they were antennae, one of it's arms were severely blistered and seemed to show bone, with some snapped bone poking through the skin, and its hand having "claws" of bone coming out of the knuckles, one of its legs seems to be swollen with the same effects as the arm, it didn't seem to have two eyes, the one on the head was wide open and dark red, it was a split second before Williams started firing at it, shouting "Contact! Contact! Soldiers, We've been engaged"


© 2018 Douglas Levi Gribbins


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on June 27, 2018
Last Updated on June 27, 2018