Holier than thou

Holier than thou

A Poem by Gee
"

A modern day nursery rhyme of our times

"
Hey diddle diddle
the priest had a fiddle
the organist shielded her eyes
whilst choir boys feared
each foot step that neared
and the sound of unzipping flies.

© 2023 Gee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sad and humorous. A rare quality. Great work.

Posted 3 Months Ago


Gee,

Powerful words of situations that quite possibly need have never been, never occurred, never happened, and/or need not ever take place again as tragedies felt by anyone who does possess a Human heart ...

Sad fact of evidenced reality is, the RCC has chosen to set it own Priesthood up for the all too true possibility (NO, REALITY) of failure as priests, men, and Human Beings. How so?

Refusing to allow their priesthood to marry and have wives and children to raise and rear as their descendants after them. A refusal that has not a single Scriptural leg to stand upon, in light of the reality that Aaron, the first Biblical High Priest, was allowed a wife and children, and not denied the needs of every Human Being to procreate and marry ...

In New Testament times the selection of elders and deacons was confined only to the constraining of such prospective individuals to possessing having but one wife, and that during a time in history, when is was readily common within the early Christian Faith for good men to polygamously possess and care for more than one wife, which would have, likely did, serve as a deterrent and distraction of such men carrying out the selected duties to and within the early Church ... Days in which more than one wife was not, necessarily, sought out of any crazed sexual appetite, but out of the needs of women without means of taking care of themselves apart from marrying into polygamous relations with husbands who also saw the need to bear more children as means to empower and strengthen their abilities to support and protect their given lands and clans of those most ancient days, as per exampled by such ancient sages as Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, David, and so on and so forth ... And the preceding stated facts out of survival's necessity, and not that realm of perverse sexuality of today ...

The teaching that a Priest, Minister, Preacher, cannot marry is a false teaching that only serves to harm the RCC and its victimized constituents, and that to this very day ...

It is a teaching constructed around the alleged Virgin Birth scenario that ignores the reality that the very passage in the book of Isaiah does not translate as virgin at all but as a maiden, a young maid of marrying and child bearing age, and not that of remaining a virgin upon and after marriage and consummation of said marriage ... In addition, most all respected Bible Scholars agree that the book of Isaiah was written by, at least, two different authors, and, quite possibly, as many as three different authors over a great length of ancient days time ... Which segment, which author's written voice, is the authoritative version supposedly representing the inspired word of YHWH, much less mystical talk of maidens and magical immaculate conceptions that, if possible, would serve to free all women everywhere upon this earth of the need for men, except for that of providing protection, food, and shelter, and would thus render women, fantastically, as sufficiently and reproductively Asexual ...

To top the above false doctrines and ridiculous teachings is that further enslavement of the RCC Priesthood, wherein yet another bit of alleged Scripture has been twisted and purposefully misconstrued in a fashion that does serve to belittle women as womankind, and allow men to partake of pleasures out purest BS lies of Twisted Scripture:

Onan & Er ... It was Onan's Torah obedient duty to sire a child by way of his late brother's (Er's) wife in order to bring up seed as a descendant in honor of his brother ... Onan, did take the liberty of sleeping and having sex with his dead brother's wife, but choose (rather than impregnated her in honor of his own brother) to pull out (forgive the connotation) just in the knick of time in order to spill his seed upon the ground, rather than see with own brother's wife bear a child in his brother's (Er's) name and honor as a continuation of his own flesh and blood brother's linage as descendants after him ... This is the forgotten and evilly twisted tale the RCC promotes, rather than the truth:

Onan's sin was never and not that of Masturbation (pardon the frank language), but that of disobedience to the Torah, and that shameful act of mating with his own sister-in-law with the intent to lay with her, but never honor his late dead brother Er ...

And thus, was born the RCC taught false Doctrine that it is better for a man to lie with a Prostitute than to Masturbate and spill his seek on the ground, thus, serving to make life as a Priest, harder (no pun intended) yet, much less to speak of any man away from with wife for whatever reason and finding himself overtaken by a man's sexual urge ...

My points are not to serve as excuses for any man or Human Being for sexual misconduct, but to only point out that all the travesty and tragedy that has transpired could have been (at least possibly) alleviated in life changing fashion had the RCC and Pontificate long ago chosen to cease playing God and twisting Scriptures into meaning that were never to be found or interpreted originally within ancient history and are not there to be found in any today's here and now of a plague that men in power within the RCC created in playing God, rather than choosing to exist as the flawed and faulted Human Beings that all Mankind is, and are ...

A profoundly thought provoking piece of painful Poetry ...

By the way & FYI: The Greek Orthodox (seldom heard of) Catholic Church does (has always) allow its Preists to marry, have wives, and raise children as do normal Human Beings upon this Earth ... One of my High School teachers was a Greek Orthodox Priest, so I do know that of which I do speak and share ...

Again: Powerful write ... Most poignant to a great number of victimized people around the world ...

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham



Furthermore,

Posted 3 Months Ago


Gee

1 Month Ago

Thank you Marvin
Beautiful poem. The music goes on.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Gee

4 Months Ago

Thank you kindly sir. Merry Christmas
ugh. sad but true. sick. cleverly told ... :)

Posted 4 Months Ago


Gee

4 Months Ago

Thanks Pete. It is often those in positions of trust that are the most untrustworthy.
Hope yo.. read more
it is sickening but true and probably more widespread in the church and its organizations for young people than we ever get to know about ... these morons cover up each other's sins.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Gee

4 Months Ago

Hi Stella, thank you.
Merry Christmas
Stella Armour

4 Months Ago

Pleased to see this subject is kept to the fore Gee...
Happy Christmas to you and yours 🎅
A painful, powerful poem... it was not in church, but the same was done to me through a family friend. May we all find ways to protect the children of this world. 🤍🤍🤍

Posted 4 Months Ago


Gee

4 Months Ago

So sorry to read that.
Thank you and merry Christmas
An owl on the moon

4 Months Ago

Merry Christmas... and all joy for you in the New Year.🌟🥳🌟
Nursery rhymes can often be thought of as myths, but here you state truth not only via the church but everywhere and anywhere; raising a smile but cleverly nudging thoughts and reminders of a terrible fact.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Gee

4 Months Ago

Thank you kindly EmmaJ.
Merry Christmas at ya
Oh extremly clever and unfortunately true and apropos.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Gee

4 Months Ago

Thank you Ken.
Hope you have a good Christmas
Ken Simm.

4 Months Ago

And best wishes to thee and thine as my mother used to say.
how about in NY subways as well, very clever poem Gee and apropos as well. nice!
Warmly, B

Posted 4 Months Ago


Gee

4 Months Ago

Thank you Betty, Merry Christmas
Betty Hermelee

4 Months Ago

You’re very welcome, happy holidays to you
Warmly, B
It’s true though and it’s not only the churches it seems it’s everywhere in elites govts and stars etc
Well done

Posted 4 Months Ago


Gee

4 Months Ago

Thank you Julie

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2023
Last Updated on December 1, 2023
Tags: The church!!

Author

Gee
Gee

Milton keynes, United Kingdom



About
Devoted family man and lover of life. Simply written, easily understood "stuff" for those without code breaking skills. You will NEVER need Google to understand me:) more..

Writing
Valentine Valentine

A Poem by Gee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..