About a year later...

About a year later...

A Chapter by Gina
"

I have led a normal life. After a couple of months, Abigail became 'mom' and my father married her. She had long since been 'mom' to her orphaned sister and now I was her daughter along with Katherine

"
I was 8 months old. My parents were teaching me how to walk."C'mon baby," everyone encouraged me. "It's okay to fall a couple of times before you get it." I got up and walked for about ten seconds before falling again. This went on for hours. Abigail and my father had gotten married exactly 6 months ago. Katherine learned to call him 'dad' and call me 'sis'. Being a 2-month old at the time of the change, I adjusted to it the quickest. Everyone was surprised when I started to walk for a minute without falling. I was finally getting the hang of it. I stomped, jumped and fell. I laughed at the latter. Maybe I shouldn't push it. I got up and walked towards the cabinets and opened the knife drawer.
"Oh no you don't," I was quickly pulled back by my dad.
"What do you say about those child-proof cabinets now, Jeff?" He dismissed her worries with a wave of his hand. 
"Relax, she'll be fine." Jeff was always looking for the bright side to everything. "C'mon," he said, "it's a beautiful day today. Let's go to the park."
After everyone was bundled up, we walked to the park. Yes, we. I walked now.
~6 months later~
I was 1 1/2. We had been walking in the park when I got tired and my dad lifted me up onto his shoulders.  "Look daddy," I yelled as I pointed. He grimaced at the shrieking by his ear. "Aren't the flowers pretty," I quietly cooed.
"She always did love cherry blossoms," Abigail laughed. 
"Quick," dad chirped, "grab one while mamma isn't lookin'." I picked a flower and she stared at me as I guiltily put it behind my back.
"Oh," she gave up, "might as well get a couple for Kat." With that, she snipped of a branch and we went home.


© 2013 Gina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on January 13, 2013
Last Updated on January 14, 2013


Author

Gina
Gina

San Diego, CA



About
Catchphrase: What can I say? I'm awesome. Addictions: Reading, Music, Gum Favorite Word: AWESOMESAUCE Biggest Pet-peeve: Fake People Imagination type: Magical and Apocalyptic Favorite Characters .. more..

Writing
Thanks Mom Thanks Mom

A Story by Gina


Livin' Large Livin' Large

A Book by Gina