Daddy's Little Girl

Daddy's Little Girl

A Chapter by Gina
"

I was teased enough after that to know that I didn't like it...

"
It was the first day of school. I was scared and I didn't want to go. I made my dad drop me of at the kindergarten gates. "I don't wanna go daddy," I cried into his shoulder.
"I know sweetie, I know," he comforted me. "Now," he said as he put me down and held my chin, "are we gonna have fun or are we gonna cry about it?"
"Have fun," I mumbled as he shoved me towards the gates. 
"Ooh," the teasing begun, "daddy's little girl is so brave!" They mocked me and I felt myself beam with pride. I knew just how to handle this.
"Say it again," I threatened, "I dare you!" The boy squinted his eyes and pointed them at me and continued his mockery. After checking there were no teachers around, I socked him in the face. Hard. He stopped instantly, as did his companions. I grinned, "name's Jen." I waved as I walked into the building.

I saw him again at lunchtime. I had met quite a couple of girls already and I was talking to my new friend (I didn't know it at the time but future best friend) when he saw me. He ran up to me and said, "you punch pretty hard... for a girl." I ignored him and continued to talk to Tiffany. "Name's Jonathan," he waved over his shoulder and went back to his friends.
"That's Jonathan," she grinned, "he's the cutest boy in the whole kindergarten." I spit out my milk and laughed as I cleaned the mess up. "What?" Tiffany glared at me.
"Oh," I laughed one last time,"so you weren't joking?" Her eyes widened in horror. "Sorry," I muttered before taking a bite out of my grilled cheese sandwich.
"OMG!" Tiffany squealed. "Jonathan is coming over here right now."
"Hey! Jen right?" Jonathan sat next to me.
"Yeah," I replied cautiously. "I'm sorry for punching you in the face earlier today." Tiffany shot me a curious glance.
He laughed, "sorry for teasing you. Can we maybe start over? As friends?"
I was baffled, "Um..." I looked to Tiff for backup. No help there. "Sure," I said as I gave him a goofy grin.
"See ya later Jen!" Jonathan ran to catch up with his friends. We were immediately surrounded by a bunch of girls. They inquired about every detail of the conversation including the story about how I punched him in the face. Half-way through the day and I had already confronted a bully, had tons of friends and had punched a kid in the face. Yup, I am going to love school.


© 2013 Gina


Author's Note

Gina
Ignore it when I put 'you' instead of 'I' and similar mistakes. I've been on Quizilla too long.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on January 13, 2013
Last Updated on January 13, 2013


Author

Gina
Gina

San Diego, CA



About
Catchphrase: What can I say? I'm awesome. Addictions: Reading, Music, Gum Favorite Word: AWESOMESAUCE Biggest Pet-peeve: Fake People Imagination type: Magical and Apocalyptic Favorite Characters .. more..

Writing
Thanks Mom Thanks Mom

A Story by Gina


Livin' Large Livin' Large

A Book by Gina