Our First Meeting

Our First Meeting

A Chapter by Shelbie

In the background, I can see vicious, bulky, ugly, guards that running out of the forest and into the sunlight. They are shouting, something inaudible, too far in the distance for me care about what they have to say. They are looking for someone. Someone who has blonde hair, blue eyes, a lanky body roughly 1.70 meters. They stop yelling when they find her. Lying in the dirt engulfed in a giant cloud of dust. Why does it have to be on this sweltering hot day that I have to be embarrassed in front of royalty?

 

Here is another great question, why does it have to be me? The one that takes an arrow to the knee, the one that the random guards chase, the one that is almost trampled by the royal pets, (Can the horses be considered royal pets?) the one that slides through the dirt from being startled by the royalty's prey, a lost, worried, confused, startled, (I can go on and on) elk. The one that is an 'innocent bystander in a mess of chaos.' Which I’m sure is what everyone assessing the situation thinks. By now, you must think I'm the 'Chosen One' but this isn't that kind of story. I am not supposed to save anyone but myself. And maybe my family.

 

Of course, my final and most important question is why does the leader of the horse riding pack, the prince, not know how to aim? Yeah that's right; the prince is the one that shot me in the leg. Swoon worthy, I know. But not for me. I am angrier than I am over-joyed that the prince has shot me. I have never seen the prince before. But I can tell it is the prince because he is way too overdressed to go hunting. I know he is the one that shot me because he is the only one still holding up his bow. He is also ahead of all the other men.  Most women will think he is the treasure. If in my position, they will think cupid hit them with the arrow, but I’m not stupid. I know that the prince hit me. Apparently cupid really wants to make sure that women notice him.

 

For me I definitely noticed him, because one, he has an equally angry facial expression as I (at least from what I can tell. It’s hard with this sunlight) and two, I am blind from looking in his direction. Once again, women will go nuts to be in my position. Looking up at the prince like a wounded bird awaiting his masculine arms to swoop you up and nurse you back to health. I am blind because it is late in the afternoon and the sun is slowly beginning its descent out of the sky, just behind the prince. He is in a complete shadow behind the bright orb. I can barely make out his face to know it is him, but I can tell by the ego getting off his high horse, literally.

 

He saunters over towards me, trying too hard to come across as good. Maybe I just think he tries too hard with everything he does. It’s probably so hard being rich. Too much gold to weigh a person down when they walk. It must be so annoying when their umbrella holder is back at the palace because they only expected to ride their own personal pet horse. They don’t plan to have to walk in the heat, especially without shade. It must be a real burden to have to talk to commoners like myself. I mean it’s pretty obvious, I don't like royalty. By the looks of the events happening today, it’s a safe bet to say that royalty doesn't like me either. As he gets closer I start see his face crystal clear. He is extremely unhappy.

 

"What do you think you're doing?" he bellowed. I am shocked. That cool demeanor, that I expect all royalty to maintain, is non-existent with this man. "Well?" he questioned. I am in a state of shock. Maybe if he will take a step back he will realize that I am losing a significant amount of blood. That maybe the questions can wait until after I receive medical attention. "Answer me!" "I was out walking," I spat out quickly. I can't recall another time that I have been this lost, without anything to say. Well actually, I can.





© 2016 Shelbie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great chapter. This book just gets better and better. Judging by the title, they both fall in love, but then again I could be wrong. Loved it! Well deserved 100/100.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 3, 2016
Last Updated on February 3, 2016


Author

Shelbie
Shelbie

San Fernando , CA



About
Aspiring author, likes chowmein, and beanies more..

Writing
I Was Lost I Was Lost

A Chapter by Shelbie