Chapter four

Chapter four

A Chapter by Satchmo's Gal

Broken                        by Rochelle Belmont

 

I glance upon the broken-

 

            I sigh, my head in my hand. Upon the broken what? The broken road, the broken heart. The broken skin… “Rochelle?” A voice whispered from behind. I slam my pencil down, looking back. Clarie was standing in the hallway, her night gown already on, her hair a wild tangle of yellow.

            “What do you want?” I spoke with more edge than I intended. Her eyes were already watering.

            “I…I jus’ wanted to…” She sputtered, and I regretted my actions. I got up and hugged her, drying her eyes on my blouse.

            “I’m sorry Clarie. I’m just stressed. I have this English homework that I can’t finish cause I suck at writing poems.” I sank to the floor, my back against the doorway. “I don’t know.” I rested my chin on my hand “You up for some ice cream?”

            Her face lit up, and the grin never left her face as I scooped the ice cream into her bowl. She just about breathed in her bowl, and then most of mine. I laughed, taking a spoonful of melted mint chocolate chip into my mouth. “If you don’t stop eating you’re gonna be a chub like me” I poked my belly for emphasis.

            Clarie laughed “you’re not a chub. You’re pretty!”

            I rolled my eyes. “Thanks. I guess.”

            “Now will you play doll house with me?”

            “Sure. Just give me ten minutes to finish my homework.” As I retreated upstairs, something just…clicked. I ran to my desk, afraid it would fade before I had a chance to write it down.

Broken Beauty            By Rochelle Belmont

 

Pretty in sorrow

I glance upon the broken

With nothing but love.

 

            Hoping it translated to paper well, I stuffed it back in my English binder before I could read it again, and let Clarie put in the hair extensions that came with her doll.

           

            The next day, Alex wasn’t at school. My feet seemed to be stuck in an invisible rut, taking me to her locker like every day. The curly-haired girl was there with her boyfriend. They were kissing, their arm entangled around each others bodies. I ducked my head, trying not to blush (PDA always had made me uncomfortable) but the girl had spotted me and waved me over. The guy seemed disappointed as she broke apart to reach into the front pocket of her jeans. She handed me a note. I glanced at her curiously, but she had already gone back to making out with her boyfriend, so I started walking.

            The note was three words, written in violet gel pen: ‘ My place. Seven?’

            I smiled, and stuffed it in my pocket, flicking Natalie in the head as I reached her locker. “Hola.”

            She didn’t look up. Her hair drooped down, draping her face, which seemed to be inches from a worn piece of lined paper

            I left her be. I knew that enamored look when I saw it. ‘Seven.’ I chanted mentally ‘seven seven seven seven seven.’ I didn’t know how I’d get there, but I would.

 

            “Mama! Je vais au parc!” I called up the stairs, not even waiting for a reply. As I approached Alex’s house, I got a text.

                      Where r u?

     I smiled and stopped underneath a streetlamp, I’m on your street I typed, open your window. As I approached her room, she lifted up her window and smiled “Hey sugar.”

            I laughed “Just help me in.” After I got in, I noticed her hands lingering on my waist, one dipping down to trace a pattern on my hip. My smile fades and my heart started pounding. “Alex” my voice sounded raspier than usual and I swallowed “What are you doing?”

            Alex gave a small smile and suddenly we were kissing. Her lips were insistent against mine and she pulled me closer, closer, wrapping her arms around me. I didn’t know what to do with my hands, so I just her hips, my fingers digging in slightly as my legs started turning into jello. She pushed me against the wall and I tried to express without words just how much I missed her. As I felt a cool hand touch my abdomen, the door flew open with a solid thud. Dolton, Alex’s brother, looked slightly uncomfortable. It didn’t fit him, a look of distaste and awkwardness along with his baggy dark jeans and South Pole tee. “Rico wanted to know when dinner was ready”

            “Yea, where’s the food Ma?” A voice called from the room across the hall.

            “It’ll be done when it’s done Rico.” Alex yelled back, an edge to her voice.

            “Hey Alex, I didn’t know you liked the p***y!” Said another voice, wolf-whistles piercing the air.

            “Shut the hell up that’s my sister man!” Dolton yelled and Alex finally retracted herself from my grasp.

            “Food’ll be done in twenty minutes” She called, and led me down the hall. Alex’s kitchen was a simple set up, with granite counters lining the walls and a large metallic refrigerator next to the garage door on the back wall. She pulled the fridge open and started to pull out packages of hotdogs.

            And I sort of just stood there. Because I had no idea what to do. “…need some help?” I finally asked, and she turned to smile at me.

            “Sure.” She pushed some hot dogs and a pair of tongs my way “You know how to grill?”

            “Um…”

            “It’s okay. I’ll show you.” She took me out back to the grill and taught me how long to wait before turning the hotdogs over. Before we were done laughter had pierced the air, and talk of people in our class was abundant. Alex put the hot dogs on the table and called the boys. They attacked like vulture upon corpses.

            I stepped back as they shoveled food into their mouths. “Okay…”

            Alex laughed “Yeah. Brothers are quite a learning experience. I assume Clarie doesn’t eat as much as Dolton?”

            I leaned on the counter “I don’t think my family eats as much as Dolton” I muttered.

            “You wanna hot dog?” Alex asked, helping herself to some of the meager left-overs as Dolton and his friends retreated to his room again. I sat next to her and grabbed a hot dog, smothering it with mustard before taking a bite. Alex crinkled her nose “Eww… you like mustard?”

            “Anything wrong with that?”

            “It’s just so…I don’t know. Ketchup is way better though.”

            “Tomatoes? Gross.”

             After finishing our hot dogs and talking for a good part of the hour, I knew it was probably best I got home before my mom started freaking out. When I told Alex, her face darkened, and I realized that this might be the last time I see her for a while. So I kissed her, smiled, and left before the reality could really set in.



© 2010 Satchmo's Gal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh my...more plz!! hmmm kind of upsetting but I have my own private hopeful wishes for where I want this story to go lol....great job so far....you always manage to leave me on a cliff hanger....i hope to read more soon so send a read request when you do it plz!! would appreciated that so much lol :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


:( Poor Rochelle & Alex

Love the story though :D
Keep Writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love this! I think this could be popular. I'm sure many teenage girls and boys can relate to Rochelle. Or Alex. You have great potential and I am impressed. And intrigued! More more more! :D


Posted 13 Years Ago


Keep going! I love it! And especially the poem within the story, very beautiful!

Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2010
Last Updated on May 8, 2010


Author

Satchmo's Gal
Satchmo's Gal

In the depths of my mind, only coming out to check the local news



About
Nothing is definite, not you, not I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTJSGIe5dpc more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Part 5 Part 5

A Chapter by A LaDy NaMeD D