CHAPTER THIRD

CHAPTER THIRD

A Chapter by Rahul

.. I have a conversation with Celâl after I give him a name...

 
A CONSERVATION OF MY MIRROR
# Belong 
Where do I belong? Celâl keeps asking me, just as he has been asking since those days I've looked at a mirror taking to a face I find stranger every time..a face I can't bring myself to love, for it seems too strange, for I have to be more... There has to be more to me than this. More to me than these people think. Much more that I haven't showed them. The face has become a bit familiar since then, even lovable perhaps, but only by me because hey! This is me. But there has always been that promise- the promise of being much more-that has kept me going. Every now and then I have to remind myself of that promise. Normal just wouldn't do. True happiness. To die knowing that I may be remembered by more than close family and friends. This is my debt. I owe it to the greater man ( boy?) in me- the boy who was much more- for all the misery I have dragged him through. This misery might look like nothing to you, but he deserves more. All he has done so far is look up from a cage, tortured by the sight and the sounds of the clear sky above. This is where he belongs. He belongs where I can never hope to reach. Only he can. Only he must. I owe this to the boy, to free him from myself. That is what I owe to Celâl Bey. So that when he looks at this face again, he can smile with gratitude and I can smile with pride. That is what I owe the artist- the one I have named Celâl Bey- to take him where he belongs.


© 2013 Rahul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on June 2, 2013


Author

Rahul
Rahul

About
indie-writer. newbie at everything whatever literature bringing down to the hearth of life. i'm not even that good at grammar since english's not my tongue language neither has it ev'r been so at all... more..

Writing
sinfulness sinfulness

A Poem by Rahul


momentary love momentary love

A Poem by Rahul


being mistaken being mistaken

A Poem by Rahul