Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
She's What?!

She's What?!

A Chapter by Haley C
"

This one is in Nick's Point Of View :)

"
I was walking home when Selena pulled up next to me.
"Hey, do you want a ride?" I nodded and got in the passenger seat. I looked in the back but didn't see Misty.
"Where's Misty? She's usually here with you." I looked around again just to make sure they weren't punking me or something.
"She's in the hospital." My eyes went wide and my heart started pounding. "She fainted at school earlier, Zach made it so she wouldn't eat again. She fainted of malnutrition or something. I was going up there do you want to come?" I nodded fast and looked out my window. I was so scared that she was going to die, that couldn't happen. She's too young. Selena pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and I nearly jumped out of a moving vehicle because I wanted to see her so bad. "Nick slow down! You're gonna end up here if your not careful!" We walked into the hospital lobby and Selena walked up to the receptionist. "What room is Misty Johnson in?"
"Room 210." Selena thanked her and we walked upstairs, when we walked in the room I felt my heart stop for a brief second. She had an oxygen tube in her nose and she was really pale. Like that vampire dude from Twilight. I saw her stirring in the bed so I felt hopeful but then she looked like she was sleeping again. 
"How long has she been here?" I asked Selena, sitting in the chair next to the bed.
"3 hours. It was a few minutes before her class after lunch. No one really saw but me so I rushed her here." Selena leaned against the wall. "How come you're always walking anyways?"
"Justin's a jerk. He says I can't get a ride until I get my license." Selena sounded like she was stifling a laugh. "I'm in drivers ed right now, I have to take the test in like 2 weeks. So shush." She smiled.
"I'm gonna leave you alone, I think she'd much rather see you." She waved and walked off. I looked at Misty sleeping peacefully in the bed, I grabbed her hand and held it. 
"I miss hanging out with you, like old times. I wish high school hadn't changed you, you barely know who I am anymore."
"What do you mean?" She spoke making me jump. "I know who you are."
"You don't act it. You actually haven't talked to me since freshman year. That's when you became popular."
"I'm sorry Nick. But if you wanted to talk to me you should've just dropped by. I would've made time for you." She coughed making the machines go up but then they dropped back to normal.
"Are you gonna go back to him?" I asked, tightening my grip on her hand.
"That jerk? No, never. I'm gonna try to not let him get to me. But it's so hard sometimes. Some of the things he says is true. I do eat to much."
"No you don't. That's why you're here, you don't have enough nutrition in your body. If anything you need to eat more."
"But, I eat to much. Today I had a bowl of cereal. That's to much for one day."
"That's not enough silly. You need something to eat. One minute." I let go of her hand and gave her the remote. "I'll be right back." I walked to the hospital cafeteria and got some nachos. When I got back, she was sitting up flipping through the channels. "I have some nachos for you." I set them down on the tray and let her dig in.
"These are surprisingly good, for hospital food." She laughed and the doctor walked in. 
"Hello Misty, are you feeling better?" She nodded and looked at the doctor. "Ok, so we have your tests and you need to gain at least 30 pounds. The weight you're at now is very unhealthy for your age and height."
"I understand." She said, but her face was saying something else. 
"Alright, you can go home now but I want you to keep a food journal. You need to consume at least 2000 calories a day." She nodded and he left.
"Can we go now, I want something to drink." She asked, standing up and removing the tube from her nose.
"Alright, but you heard what he said. Me and Selena are making sure you eat everyday." She nodded again, but I could see by the look in her eyes that she was going to try to get out of this. Someway, somehow. But we'll make sure she doesn't, we can't lose her. I can't lose her........


© 2011 Haley C


Author's Note

Haley C
Awww :) So cute! Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Cute-ness. Nick'll look out for her. GO HIM!!! Punch Zach in the face for me!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
1 Review
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011


Author

Haley C
Haley C

Northfield, VT



About
My name is Haley, my friends call me Hal. I like to write stories and sometimes poems but I am self concious sometimes. Blah blah blah haha you'll know me better once you read my stories and poems. I .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Haley C


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Haley C