What Happened to all those Chain Letter Emails? Youtube is what happened.

What Happened to all those Chain Letter Emails? Youtube is what happened.

A Chapter by Henry S

Do you remember the days of the chain letter emails? I used to get them all the time. Some would have some funny story of which at the end, it would say to email it to 10 or so friends. Some would have a sad story with a picture of a missing girl to send it to 10 friends in hopes that someone would have information on this missing. Some would say that Microsoft is conducting some sort of test, and if you send the email to your friends, Microsoft would be paying you s large sum of money. You name it, there was a chain letter for it. People were gullible and forward these emails as if what was written on them were true. I had one co-worker tell me she was boycotting Tommy Hilfiger clothing because the email they received said he was racist (it also said to forward the email to your friends). I had to inform this co-worker that just because something is written in an email, does not make it true.
I used to get them all the time, from family, friends, and co-workers and they would annoy me especially when the person who was sending me the email was believing whatever was written in the chain email . I suspected the people who created these emails got a kick out of having something they created be seen by hundreds or thousands of people around the world. Possibly gave them a feeling of being famous. I also suspected they were losers who had nothing better to do with their time. The problem for these people was that they couldn't tell how many people saw their email, nor could they read any feedback on their creation.
But then came YouTube! That's right, YouTube. Once YouTube came about all these chain letter creating losers, I mean people, could create or contribute something for YouTube and  have it seen around the world. There's a view count on YouTube so they can know how many times their video has been viewed.  They can even read comments people leave about their video. And what will really give them that feeling of fame, is they can get followers or subscribers on YouTube. The website provides every thing someone who craves attention needs. So next time you go to your email inbox and notice there are no requests to send the email you are reading to all of your friends, you can thank YouTube for it.


© 2014 Henry S


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well that's a thought. I also think people realized they could make more money off of spam then from chainmails.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Henry S

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your input.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Added on February 20, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2014
Tags: Chain Letter Emails Youtube