The Problem With Gay Marriage...

The Problem With Gay Marriage...

A Chapter by Henry S

When I first started hearing about gay marriage, I was against it. It sounded strange to me and was not what I was accustomed to when I thought about the institution of marriage.  I always thought of marriage as being a union between a man and a woman. That’s how most people grew up thinking when they thought of marriage.  When debate of gay marriage started becoming a topic of conversation,  those that were against it would say things like that gay marriage is unnatural and not what God intended. When I heard that it triggered a thought in my head that convinced me to be for gay marriage. When we turn thirty, we do not explode because we are not married, so the argument that gay marriage is unnatural does not make sense.  There is nothing natural about marriage nor a God given gift that only men with women can share. Marriage is a man made institution and therefore, we as humans, can make whatever rules we want for marriage, including having them between the same sex.

 

The problem with gay marriage...there is none.



© 2014 Henry S


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written, and it makes some good points, although I heavily disagree with it's content and message. Marriage is mentioned in the Bible multiple times, and it is clearly stated that homosexuality and adultery are both sins. And sex is not man made, it is a natural occurrence and desire. The purpose of sex is to reproduce. Sex between the same gender cannot reproduce, so therefore it is both unnatural and against God's will.

I'm not trying to debate, I'm just stating my opinion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Henry S

10 Years Ago

Lol. Not at all.
Bluemerlin

10 Years Ago

Well, animals have gay sex actually. Gay sex is natural. And the problem with barring people from ma.. read more
unpublished

10 Years Ago

Well The Bible was written by people, but those people were under the influence of God. God would no.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014
Tags: Gay, Homosexual, Marriage