Chapter 8 - A Friend In Need

Chapter 8 - A Friend In Need

A Chapter by Holdini

My head is throbbing right now, I just want to drop off these books and take a nice nap somewhere. Don’t they have something called siestas over in Europe where they take naps during work hours? Well it happens in some Japanese companies too so why not in school?

I walk the empty halls toward the student council room, Kasuno was acting weird a minute ago. Or was I the one being weird, well I was on my knees for some reason. I just really need to re-think this whole school life thing befo�"

“Arghh!”. I clutch my head as the pain only gets worse, what the hell is happening to me? Even my vision is starting to blur, I’m having a sense of déjà vu right now. Shitttt why does this keep happening so often now?!

----

“Yuta keep this medicine with you at all times at school okay? You..you have to take it whenever you get a little headache. Think of it as a magic pill that gives you superpowers.” My dad pats me on the head in the kitchen.

I’m remembering this time when I was 9 and just moved here to Sapporo. It was before my first day of school when my dad first gave me the medicine. I remember crying because I would have constant headaches, was it like that my whole life?

“This is really important so keep it close to you. I hope you are liking your new home we moved so you would be happier” He says with a smile.

The wind hits my face, I feel free wherever I am. The sunlight touching my skin feels welcoming. Am I dreaming right n�"!

“W-Wh-What the hellll!”. I come to my senses as I’m standing on the open window ledge on the second floor of the school building. Luckily I’m on the side of school with no classes around to hear me. How did I get here what is going on? What was I about to do??

“Haaaahaaaa, I don’t even remember how I got here..this isn’t me”. I catch my breath as I fall back on the floor. Am I being drugged or something why does this keep happeng? I look around and realizing I’m back to reality at school, the box of books on its’ side like I dropped them. I just need to return these books and get to class already…

I make my way to the student council’s room. “Coming innn”. I slide open the door to the student council room.

“Ah Hiragi-san thanks so much for grabbing those! Did you find the science room alright?” The President looks up from the desk and greets me.

“A-Ah yeah no problem at all…well I need to get to class so�"”

“One second please!” I bite my lip in frustration from being held up.

“About Kurihara-san, I heard her cousin moved back to town and is now a student here. Now you will have competition haha!” Shirou laughs while standing up from the desk.

“What are you talking about she’s just a friend, that’s good for her”.

Back in the science room I swear I remember seeing Kurihara-san and some guy together, was it all my imagination? If not then it was probably just her cousin I guess?

“Of course don’t worry about it as it was just a parting joke. Well thanks so much for the books. Just tell Sensei you were helping me out okay?”

He waves goodbye as I leave the room, he seems in good spirits. I wonder if he was always like this? Someone as loathing as me will never understand.

----

----

“I’m homeee, and hungryyy”.

Getting back home from school is easily my favorite part of the day. The invitation of not being in that confined structure while being force-fed useless knowledge is always good.

“Oh Yuta welcome home, I have leftovers in the fridge”. Mom is reading over some paperwork at the kitchen table. By the looks of it I never want to be an adult, I need to find the fountain of youth as soon as possible!

“Ehhh better not be that takoyaki from two nights ago”. I’m digging through the fridge when I remembered the weird events from today.

“Mom, have I ever acted strange to you? Like not being myself or something…idk”.

“Huh? What are you talking about, nothing that I’ve noticed. Why are you being picked on at school?!”

“No! It was just a thought..Well actually I don’t remember much of my time in Osaka before we moved here. Like my whole childhood is a blur or something..”

Her facial expression changes into a mild surprising look.

“That’s normal Yuta, we usually don’t remember our childhoods very well. You had a very good childhood with many friends don’t worry too much”.

“Well even if so, I don’t remember them which is kind of strange. You can’t just forget friends like that y’know?”

“Well anyway I’m sure you will remember one day it happens to all of us! Oh! I won’t be home much tomorrow I have a long day at work so just warm up some leftovers when you get home”.

Why is she changing the subject so fast? It was just a logical question, this is why I lock myself in my room…

“Okay…well I’m going upstairs just call me for dinner”. The more I think about what my life was before I moved here the weirder things get. It’s like it’s some locked stage in a video game.

I walk upstairs looking forward to the best nap of my life.

----

----

“Vrroom Vrooom”

Cars drive past me as I’m making the trek to the park. Kasuno all of a sudden called me asking to meet up here. I hope this isn’t one of his prank ideas acting like my date or something.

Another dreary day huh? There’s been a lot of these lately, the sun has been making rare appearances these past couple of weeks. I’ve never entirely liked the sun anyway, once it’s directly on you it just makes you overheated which then makes you spend money on sports drinks to hydrate. Plus when the sun is out everyone starts to act all cheery like “Goodmorning wonderful day right!” which irritates me. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s all one big marketing scheme set in place by drink corporations.

“This idiot better have a good reason for calling me out here on whim…” I let out an exasperated sigh while checking my phone again.

The small park near my house is right in between our houses so it’s always been a secret meeting place ever since I moved here. Not that there are ever any mind-blowing secrets to be shared anyway.

I get to the park and see Kasuno slouching on one of the benches near the swings. He has a big winter jacket on even though it hasn’t snowed in a while. He gazes up to me when he notices me walking towards him.

“Ah Yuta thanks for coming on such short notice”. He shifts his body towards me.

“Why the formality, it’s not a far walk you know”. I advert my gaze to the sky watching the clouds flow by.

“Haaaahhh”. I can see Kasuno’s breath as he exhales loudly, it stays quiet for an eternity.

“It’s no secret you like Kurihara-san you know, I know you try to hide it but its pretty obvious man”.

“Wh�"Okay maybe I do like her a little alright??” I know it’s never been a huge secret but don’t openly admit it like that!

“Yuta, yesterday I saw you acting strange in the science room at school. I was going to keep it to myself but I just felt like I should share this with you anyway. Trust me I know it can be frustrating wh�"”

“What do you mean seeing me act strange? I was just gathering books for the President, I mean my eyes were probably just watering from the dust”.

Kasuno squints his eyes at me like he’s trying to read me or something, what’s his problem?

“So you really don’t remember huh… Well, you were yelling things at the window and mumbling some weird things. You weren’t yourself at all, do you really not remember this? I’m only asking you because as best friends we should understand each other y’know? I’ve never seen you act like that so that’s why”.

“Huhh?? Yelling things at the window? I don’t know what you’re going on about at all”.

He stands up and puts his hands on my shoulders, this isn’t like him at all either…

“Look man, if anything is troubling you or you need someone to talk to I’m here okay? That’s all I’m saying, I’m not going to turn into some therapist though I can only do so much”.

“Sure…not sure what you’re getting at but whatever I suppose I’ll come to you if I need anything alright?”

He puts his usual smile on his face just like normal, what a weird guy.

“Glad to hear! Now let’s go get something to eat, you’re buying!”

“What?! You called me out here this should be your treat idiot!”

He wags his finger in my face like I’m some child. “This is your first payment to your new kind-of-therapist”.

I can’t believe him, making me come out here just to get some food out of me. It’s weird how he even cares enough to tell me all of that. What is he even talking about anyway…I mean he confirmed that I do like Kurihara-san though. Maybe Monday at school I can get her alone to tell her this? Ahhhh this is too nerve wracking for me. I need summer break as soon as possible…



© 2017 Holdini


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on July 9, 2017
Last Updated on July 9, 2017
Tags: thriller, mystery, horror, school, action, japan


Author

Holdini
Holdini

About
Hello, I'm new to the writing scene and am currently attempting to right my first novel. more..

Writing