Chapter 11 - First Chance

Chapter 11 - First Chance

A Chapter by Holdini

Tamaki-san's words are still ringing in my ears about that fateful day. Even though I can't remember anything I still get goosebumps thinking back on it like some never-ending sickness.

I sit at my desk staring at my exam notes but I'm not able to study. I haven't taken my medicine in a while and the pills are still on the ground in the same spot where I threw them.

"God I'm such a mess". I sigh lean back in my chair blankly staring at the ceiling in my small room. I have enough to worry about like my Dad's talk, my headaches, and dealing with Kenji. If only that b*****d wouldn't have shown up randomly I could be in Kurihara's sights right about now.

"Bang..". I point my finger gun at the wall and chuckle to myself at how stupid and desperate I'm sounding right now. I look back at my notes, looks like the usual Algebra equations, too bad I don't pay attention---

"Red streamm...darkness..mineee"

What the hell is that voice?? I look around my room but of course it's just me in there. My head starts to throb uncontrollably as I clutch it.

"Mine mine mine mine mii---Shut uppp!" I bang my hands on my desk and shout, the voices stop.

Must be some sick side effect of not taking my pills. I control my shaking body and glance towards my pills but think otherwise convincing myself I don't need them anymore. I just really need a brake from reality and slumber my life away. I slowly close my eyes and drift to sleep in my chair trying to fight off the headache...

----

----

Sweat rolls down my cheek while walking to school on this unusually humid day. The school makes us wear these long sleeve jackets and pants just to uphold this "image" they want the community to see even though no one cares honestly.

I'm lost in thought when I think I hear my name being called. "Hey Yuga over here!" I squint and see Kenji waving me over to him standing by a lamp post.

I disdainfully walk over to him. "The name is Yuta actually and what do you want?".

"Woah I get it calm down, well I just wanted to chat with a friend of Miya-chan that's all." He innocently shrugs trying to get all friendly with me. He really does fit the typical manga rival and it pisses me off.

"What did you come to this school just to get all cozy and close to Kurihara-san? She may see you as a friend but I see right through you. I'll be clear, I don't like you Kenji-kun so don't try to butter me up trying to get a 1-up on me." I narrow my eyes at him saying steer clear.

"Hahaha! So that's how it is!" He laughs to himself then lowers his voice. "Listen.. I'm going to have to ask you to stop talking to Miya-chan. She's been around me for as long as I can remember and I know she has no interest in some quiet freak like you." You drops the nice-guy finally.

I knew it, guys like him always seem calm and cool on the outside but always have backhanded intentions. I feel my fists clenched and shaking.

"Alrighttt there is already enough testosterone in the air to kill someone chill guys!" Kasuno walks up to us to to destabilize the situation.

"I didn't start anything it was your friend who fired first y'know. Whatever I don't want to be late on my third day of school, cya around Yuga". Kenji throws one last verbal punch before calmly turning around to walk towards to school.

Kasuno turns to look at me. "Hey you alright Yuta? Have you been sleeping well you don't look good and it's not like you to get in fights like that".

"Tch, I'm fine". I abruptly turn around to walk to school. I look in a shop window and see my dark eye shadows in the reflection. All this Kenji and Kurihara stuff is just stressing me out.

----

----

That b*****d thinks he can run circles around me because he's a little bit more familiar with Kurihara-san? My blood is boiling thinking about his face in my mind, I clench my fists.

"Hey hey have you seen the new transfer student Kenji-kun? Doesn't he look really reliable and cool?" I hear some girls talking a couple of desks down during the lunch break. What a joke, if only they knew how he really was...

"Ah Kurihara-san are you going to get drinks?" A girl asks, I look in their direction.

"Mhmm I'm just grabbing a juice from the vending machine I'll be right back." I see Kurihara-san walk out the class. Wait..now's my chance! It's my time to gain an upper hand on Kenji! I get out my chair and walk out of the class trying to catch up to Kurihara-san.

"Clunk". A juice falls out of the vending machine.

"Hey..Kurihara-san getting a drink too?" I try to cooley walk up to her with my hands in my pockets.

"Oh hey Hiragi-kun what are you getting? I recommend either the orange juice or the chilled coffee in this machine". She really looks into her drink beverage research huh.

"Ehh I'll just get a coffee I guess...say, what are you doing tomorrow? It's the weekend and all and just wanted to know if you wanted to do something together....". I let my words get quiet and trail off at the end.

I'm not even going to beat around the bush anymore. Since Kenji has appeared I have to make my move now!

"Like hanging out? Where would you like to go I don't really have any fun places in mind..". She shyly looks down at the ground.

"R-Really!--I mean we could go to the mall or something if that's okay with you!". I excitedly respond back like an over-eager idiot.

She smiles at me and nods. "Sure the mall sounds great, I'll text you a good time. Well we should head back to class the break is almost done".

She walks on ahead to class as I jump for glee behind her back. You have finally done it Yuta a real date with the girl you like!

"Dingg dinggg". The break bell rings loudly as I jog back to class in time.

----

----

I finally did it! I'm on my way to see Kurihara-san! I'm supposed to meet her in 15 minutes at the bridge but I want to get there early just in case. If all goes well today something amazing could blossom.

I look up to the sky lost in thought---

"Al-Alll mine...in..my way". What the hell? I hear the voices again, I haven't taken my pills in a week now which is easily the longest gap in my life.

"Shut up shut up shut up shitttt!" I lean against a wall with my hands over my head.

"Mommy what's wrong with that boy?"

"He's just crazy now come on let's get out of here." I hear a lady and her kid talking nearby. They must think I'm some maniac and with good reason. This isn't like me at all to act like this if only these voices would stop!!

Keep it together Yuta today is supposed to be a happy day. That's right I need to go meet up with Kurihara-san now. I shake off the pain and continue making my way to the bridge. Luckily this street isn't too populated a part from the two by-passers.

I finally make it to the meeting place after taking couple of minutes to recover. Kurihara-san is already waiting with a light-pink sundress on. I'm mesmerized by the site with my mouth agape.

"Oh Hiragi-kun there you are." She notices me and smiles.

"I-I'm sorry if I made you wait!". I close my eyes waiting for backlash, but it never comes.

"No no please I just got here don't worry about it..are you ready to go?". She lightly blushes.

I nod and we both walk towards the mall which happens to be the only big attraction in the area. If only I wasn't a broke student we could travel to somewhere more exciting...



© 2017 Holdini


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on July 9, 2017
Last Updated on July 9, 2017
Tags: thriller, mystery, horror, school, action, japan


Author

Holdini
Holdini

About
Hello, I'm new to the writing scene and am currently attempting to right my first novel. more..

Writing