Sharing A Bath With Emily D

Sharing A Bath With Emily D

A Poem by Gee
"

Simple words

"
We shared a bath
and poems too
did Emily and I,
her words long penned
did raise a smile
and also made me cry.
As what she "said"
spoke loud 'bout life
but also hushed on death,
twas beautiful,
so beautiful,
it made me catch my breath.
Then stirred inside
an urge, a need
to pen a simple rhyme,
that'll live but brief
unlike her work,
and won't stand the test of time.



© 2019 Gee


Author's Note

Gee
Often read in the bath to unwind after a hard days graft...I'm fully aware of my poetry limitations :))

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love her poem, "Ample Make This Bed". It makes me catch my breath, every time I read it.

I think when we're at our most vulnerable, (such as being naked in a tub), we're likely to be better listeners, and absorb what we're reading - at least that's my ten cent observation. A little wine, too!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

A little wine is always good, especially when coupled with relaxing in a hot bath Kelly. All you nee.. read more
Sometimes we need to bathe in the words and thoughts of others. We get a peace and perspective not otherwise found. You picked an ideal poet here. Your poem also made me wonder.., did Emily D. have similar thoughts as she penned what we now call masterpieces? Well written, sir.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Thank you kindly RE Ray
There are times and places when another person's words whispers deep into the mind.. and remains.
Showers are for cleanliness, baths are for finding and making memories. Yes?
To say your poem is but a simple rhyme is wrong, so very wrong.. tis beautiful, comforting and a reminder of how it is to switch off and share what you feel with space misted with ... whatever.

Your words are written with such gentleness, Gee.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Hi EmmaJ, hope you are well.
As you well know simple is as simple does :))
Gee

4 Years Ago

Oops, thank you kindly
How I envy you! Our place hasn't been the same since we had our bath taken out and a shower installed. I do miss that long soak in hot water with the bubbles.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Lol, you need a chair and waterproofed tome :)
Thank you Augustus
love the intimacy ... when i really need to relax .. i fill the tub full up with as hot of water as i can stand ... make sure the bubbles are thick ... sink into it and share it with warmed whiskey ;) ...and a good book .... Emily can be read anywhere can't she!? your poem reflects her humility, Gee ... she is a favorite to so many people .. your title has a nice shock effect and creates a hook for me ;) the simple words make it real .. i like the repetition of beautiful ... it draws out the pause for the following line ... nice one! glad i stopped!
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Thanks E, I'm glad you dropped in.
Hope things are well in your neck of the woids.
Che.. read more
I have spent many nights (a gift to myself) relaxing in a hot bath, leaning back, and reading. It's a beautiful way to wash away the day, to immerse in water and words. I think this poem is lovely, truly. At the same time, it's sad. You acknowledge her words while denouncing your own; and yet, you have immortalized them as well. I really do like this. I'm keeping this.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

I'm chuffed that you would write this, thank you.
Just off to find out what Charley and Stein.. read more
I think none of us in the Cafe stand a chance of holding a candle to such poets and poetesses despite such tallent. If Jacob and Leslie and the many other talented poets struggle. But we are here because we need to be. This is a lovey rhyming piece Gee it has such a charm even though it has a 'dead' end.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Hi John, cheere.
Hope you are well
you never know, Gee...you may find what you write does stand the test of time.
This is an interesting piece because it is kind of a fantasy, and Emily's lovers were all fantasies since she never really left her house and had no real relationships that we know of.
this is perfect...and she would appreciate it.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Good morning Jacob, thank you.
Hope all is well in the land of Trump and bluster :)
Laura Kate

4 Years Ago

I had to find your comment Jacob, because it is thanks to you that I discovered Emily Dickinson. I l.. read more
Gee

4 Years Ago

Thank you Laura

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 4, 2019
Last Updated on October 4, 2019
Tags: Poetry, Emily D

Author

Gee
Gee

Milton keynes, United Kingdom



About
Devoted family man and lover of life. Simply written, easily understood "stuff" for those without code breaking skills. You will NEVER need Google to understand me:) more..

Writing
Valentine Valentine

A Poem by Gee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..