Sissy's 1st lesson...

Sissy's 1st lesson...

A Chapter by Honey54
"

this is the first entry of Sissy Johnson's Diary

"

Dear Diary,   September 8,1866

 

 

         I's juss made it to New Yok sity. I don' move a long ways to git hea.My feets hit the ground, it's different from georgia.No dirt roads, just hard and solid pavement. the air was less fresh then the one in the country,smoke  filled my lungs.I came here after the war was ova. since im free now, new doors are open.I came to stay wit my Nancy. My cusin Nancy tol me I had to learn the "teachings" of the american language to make it in this big sity. She smart, she knows alot mores den wat dey had teach back in georgia. she was the one who gave me this fansy blank book to rite in. she sayd, "write about things you can't say.. in this hea book, dat way you learn." she teach me thangs, alot of thangs. Her house big! she got everythang i's dream of having,silk material flooded her front room, her bedroom had a big comfy bed. She left georgia wen she was fifteen wit her white boyfriend Joseph. Nancy was pretty she had long hair.. flowing down her strong welped back, her eyes stored colors that changed within the season.Since it was winter, they was blue. Her skin was light almost white, people neva knew she was colored until she talk.So there was no problem when her and Joseph married. some people did not like it. but she did not spare a sense of  care.



© 2012 Honey54


Author's Note

Honey54
this is just the first entry of Sissy Jackson story...this is the begining of how her life started...she was a slave from georgia who traveled across the country for a better life with her mixed cousin Nancy. please comment...and I HOPE YOU ENJOY!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is intriguing, I cant wait to read more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I get it... I wish it was longer : )

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love it! the language in which you right, the style, captured my attention right from the beginning! I really like this a lot! Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

unlike my other work...the errors in this story is purposely made so you can get the feel of Sissy's character

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2012
Tags: diary civil war


Author

Honey54
Honey54

FL



About
" Let sweet Honey sing soulful melodies in your ear , intrigue you with poetic flow & compel you with a certain blow. Rawr intense sensual & REAL, she souly express how she fe.. more..

Writing
Webseries Webseries

A Story by Honey54


Webseries Webseries

A Screenplay by Honey54


Fairytales Fairytales

A Poem by Honey54



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry