Sissy...still on lesson 1

Sissy...still on lesson 1

A Chapter by Honey54
"

these are inner thoughts of Sissy

"

Dear diary, still September 8, 1866

 

 

The day became night and the city light up. Nancy let me wear one of her fansy dresses.

there was buildings everywea..tall,hi,and strong.. Nancy pulled me through the crowded night showd me thangs i aint know or neva seen. People dress fansy here..I mean even the coloreds. I felt stronger here, I felt freer here. We stood in line in front of a tall building where colored folks wait to get in and sin. You could hear the bands trumpet and drums beat through the walls shakin' tha grounds of the anxious. We walked into the loud room hand and hand. The room was full of excitement and brightness. folks danced around the wood floor while some sat by the bar and drank their poisin and laughed and tol durty jokes. Some would say this ain't a place for a 16 year old girl, but tonight Im 19,an My name is Chelsea and I came from the islands. Me and Nancy agreed to that. a tall dark and hansome man walked up to our table where we sipped on dranks and watched people dance. He bowed and layed his hand out as if to present something to Nancy. she grabbed his hand and swayed to the floor for a dance. I sat and sipped and wundered. why wasnt I as pretty as ha, why wasnt I as smart as ha. I member bein bak home..Todd Saunders, the boy who stayed down the road from me would laugh and pick on my short nappy hair, and curse my dark skin.

 

 "No man with eyes would lay you down gra! not een to reproduce! haaahaa! not een if you was the last piece woman on earf! I know I woodnt"

 

His mean words sunk into my head. I knew it was true I sat at that table waitin...waitin...and still waitin...no love for the ugly color gurl was shown...



© 2012 Honey54


Author's Note

Honey54
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CRITQUE I NEED TO KNOW HOW THIS STORY IS GOING...THANX :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's hard to imagine the culture shock experienced by a woman who was not only recently freed from enslavement, but also exposed to "the big city" after growing up in the rural South. I look forward to seeing how she adapts to her new life. Also, I hope she gets a chance to b***h-slap that Todd Saunders douchebag.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Short and two the point! I like this story so far.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really nice story! Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's hard to imagine the culture shock experienced by a woman who was not only recently freed from enslavement, but also exposed to "the big city" after growing up in the rural South. I look forward to seeing how she adapts to her new life. Also, I hope she gets a chance to b***h-slap that Todd Saunders douchebag.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2012
Tags: 1866


Author

Honey54
Honey54

FL



About
" Let sweet Honey sing soulful melodies in your ear , intrigue you with poetic flow & compel you with a certain blow. Rawr intense sensual & REAL, she souly express how she fe.. more..

Writing
Webseries Webseries

A Story by Honey54


Webseries Webseries

A Screenplay by Honey54


Fairytales Fairytales

A Poem by Honey54



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry