Sissy’s BRAND new Lesson

Sissy’s BRAND new Lesson

A Chapter by Honey54
"

Sissy learns a new way to be thankful...

"
November 26, 1886

Today be a special day, it be “Thankgiving.”

  At the start of the mont, Nancy husband, Jo came home In a smile as wide as his suit. News paypuh in palm he says  “Guess wat  baby, President Cleveland has written a New Procalatin (PROCLAMATION).” Of couse’ he sed it in a bettah manna den I wood, he red on…explaining tha New Holiday and why we celebratin’ it. “He says and I quote ”Thursday, the 25th day of November instant, to be observed and kept as a day of thanksgiving.” His smile shine in each word red. Jo was hansum. I know me and Nancy and his mama aint the only woman think dat. I’s see…I’s see when I go to his job at the big building in the city, how the women talk, laugh & look at him. Some even try to get some touches in. Nancy see, she neva say a thang.

We celebrate the way colored folk celebrate anything, we cook, we ate, we laugh, we play & ,we show love. Nancy cain cook. I’s had to show ha how to stuff turkey. It sweet the way everybody frenly. This is like havin a 2nd Christmas…Cheerful an thankful.



© 2012 Honey54


Author's Note

Honey54
a special day in a special time..I LOVE THANKSGIVING!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this one... and I usually don't go in for stuff that isn't dark and creepy. It's simple, but it serves to remind the reader of the simple things that we tend to take for granted. Good work, kiddo.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really enjoy the roughness of your words!!! very original!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very nice ...thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was beautiful, nice setting and everything.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2012
Tags: 1866 THANKSGIVING civil war endi


Author

Honey54
Honey54

FL



About
" Let sweet Honey sing soulful melodies in your ear , intrigue you with poetic flow & compel you with a certain blow. Rawr intense sensual & REAL, she souly express how she fe.. more..

Writing
Webseries Webseries

A Story by Honey54


Webseries Webseries

A Screenplay by Honey54


Fairytales Fairytales

A Poem by Honey54