Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter one

Chapter one

A Chapter by ~Juliette~

“Aster?”

I look up confused and disoriented for a few seconds until I realize that I am in math. I look down at the flowers I was drawing on the back on the worksheet that was assigned a few days ago. I quickly look up at the white board and glace around at the sentences and diagrams written on it trying to get a better understanding of what Mr. Robinson was teaching.

“Aster? Can you answer the question please?” asks Mr.Robinson, giving me a nervous glance.

“Um, yes,” I briskly read the equation, and answer, “Since ‘V’ equals six, the answer is fifty-seven.”

Mr.Robinson seems very pleased with my response because he put on one of the full grin smiles he uses when ever somebody who was zoned-out or dozing answers the question correctly.

“Very good Aster!” he says, clasping his hands together.

I give a polite smile in return, to let him know that I appreciate his enthusiastic response to my answer. I pay attention for a few more minutes before tuning him and the other students out completely.

I started dreading school ever since the sudden death of my parents. From then on, I started to push people away and ignore school completely. I find that the less close I get to people, the less hurt I might be if something happened to them. So, I only have one close person who listens to me and gives me the best advice he possibly can; my older brother Vincent.

I love him, my brother. He respects me with the same respect I give him. He listens to me while I complain about my problems and issues about life, and never tells a soul about my secrets that I tell him. This might be because he could be called my best friend or because we are bonded by blood,  but which ever it is, I respect him, and I don’t know what I would do if something terrible were to happen to him, I couldn’t loose another person so close to me.

As I shade in the petals of the daisies I drew, the bell, signaling the end of the day, blares its annoying ring. I wince at the sudden noise and immediately grab my bag and head to my locker, conveniently located at the end of the hallway.

With my shoulder bag filled with crumpled papers, which is most of my art work drawn on worksheets and pencils, I swing it over my shoulder and silently and swiftly make my way through the sea of teenagers in Middleton High, being careful not to touch anyone.

With my plan to leave the crowded school lingering in my brain, I begin to pay less attention on where I was walking and more about the people around me and what was going through their minds. I pass a large group of sport fanatics talking about which famous athlete they admired the most. Seeing the pointlessness in that conversation, I speed up my pace and put my head to the ground. I  begin to think about why I even bothered to read peoples minds or try to change their thinking, after all, its impossible and useless to me. I didn’t want to be known around the school, and I am perfectly happy with the way things are now; me being an invisible little spec in the school.

I put the hood of my sweater on and trudge through the hallways until I become very confused and wondering where my bag is and why I am currently on the floor.

“You better watch where you are going,” says a very unfamiliar voice. I push my hood off, brush my black hair out of my eyes, and look up at the slender face looking down on me. “you might get yourself hurt.” he smiles.



© 2011 ~Juliette~


Author's Note

~Juliette~
This is just the rough draft; I am aware of grammar errors and spelling mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I didn't see any errors, this was amazing.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've already read this over and over and you know how I feel about this. An amazing write for such an amazing girl.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2011
Last Updated on June 14, 2011


Author

~Juliette~
~Juliette~

Edmonton, Canada



About
Hi! Welcome to my profile. A bit about myself; My name is Juliette and I'm sixteen. I love reading in my spare time as well as writing and drawing. I'm an overall creative person. I cherish my friend.. more..

Writing