Part 1 section 3

Part 1 section 3

A Chapter by Emme

A couple hours later, I left for my last night working at the bookstore. It became apparent that I'd had a bad day when I was finally approached by a customer...Jon.
"Hi, Jon. Can I help you?" I tried to be polite.
"Yeah, I was hoping you could help me find a book."
"And I was hoping I wouldn't be approached by a hopeless moron." There was a pause. "I guess we're both disappointed." 
"Um, can I have a word with you?" the manager said as he walked up from behind Jon.
"Oh, don't worry, sir," Jon said. "I made her mad earlier today."
"Okaaaaaay... I'll just leave now."
"Look, Jon," I said after my boss left, "I'm moving and that's it. I'm leaving tomorrow, and that's that."
"I know. I didn't come to talk about that. I wanted to let you know that Lauren was wondering if the two of us wanted to go to her house for a movie tonight."
"She does realize that I don't get off 'till ten, right?"
"Yeah, she still wants to have you over just one last time though."
"Sure. What movie?"
"She was thinking Kill Bill, the Godfather, the Sixth Sense... something either violent or scary."
"Cool. See you later."
"Ok. Bye!"


© 2010 Emme


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on February 28, 2010
Last Updated on February 28, 2010


Author

Emme
Emme

WI



About
I am an English major, currently reading and obsessing over Paradise Lost. I've been going through a weird zombie phase lately (is there such a thing as a normal zombie phase?) more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Emme


White Flag White Flag

A Poem by Emme


Thunderstorm Thunderstorm

A Poem by Emme