Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII
"

It's chapter one I hope it doesn't fail I recently got a bout of inspiration after like a week of writer's block. You can thank the group thread heads and the writer GhostlyAuthor for the inspiration.

"

  

'Well I'm doomed.' Were the very optimistic thoughts of a young man. The young man was ecstatic to be going to an actual school after years of home schooling, except the fact his grandpa had not told him his new school was in fact a school for Monsuta.

'What the heck was Ojii-san thinking!?' Spirit Academy (The sister school to Mystic Academy) was a school housing the very creatures he was trained to fight against! If it wasn't obvious enough for some his grandpa was a remnant of the Exorcists, a group of elite humans hand picked to train and protect humanity with all they have. They were trained to- 'Yeah, yeah thats great and all, but how am I going to survive this lunacy? Humans aren't allowed to even have knowlege about Monsuta without the penalty of death hanging over their heads. And if I told them I'm an Exorcist they kill me anyway for being a threat to their students. Well how should I know? I'm just the guy telling your story as it happens. 'Hmph fat load of help you are.' Forgetting the idiot breaking the fourth wall- 'Hey!'- we now will go back to the begining of this mess.

-Flash back-

"Hikari! Come here a minute will ya?" An obscenely old man shouted out into his, rather inpressive, back yard.

"I'm coming I'm coming." The idiot from before, now known as Hikari, dressed in a dark green tank top and beige shorts, lazily called as he left the training dummy he had been atempting to pound into oblivion.

The old man beckoned him into the large, two story home. The boy with odd white hair followed him to what the old man called his 'Tea room' along the way he noticed something odd about the way he was walking.

 He had always walked with a sort of confidence and awareness. Now? Now he was walking as if he was holding the world on his shoulders and was very tired. It scared the fourteen year old a little bit, it was like he had truly become an old man where just this morning, as it was now nearing sunset, he seemed as if he was a man a quarter of his age, besides the fact he still looked ancient.

 

  Once they had reached the tea room Hikari sat down at the rectangular table where up to six people could fit. For a while they just sat there waiting for the tea to finish. Hikari ran his hair through his shoulder-length softly spiked hair, when finally the man got up and fixed him and the boy some of his favorite tea, Ginseng. The gold colored tea was then poured into two cups, one for Hikari and one for himself. He took a sip of the steaming liquid before he sighed tiredly.

 

  "Hikari you have been secluded from society since you were too small to remember, and I have trained you in the lost traditions of being an Exorcist. You have asked me if you could go to school and I have answered you with home schooling, yes?" Hikari nodded his head, these things were true, but what did they have to do with anything?

 

  "It has come to my attention that you are entering what mundanes call 'high school years' and as such I have decided to allow you to go to one of these high schools so you might blend in with normal people." He said in a sage-like tone.

 

  "Ojii-san are you sure? I mean I have wanted this, but wanting and actually having are entirely different things." Hikari wasn't sure what to do. It was as he said, wanting and getting were comepletely different.

 

  "Oh? Does this mean that you do not accept?" The old man asked humorously while holding up a sign up sheet.

 

  Hikari scrambled over to him and took the sheet. He looked it over and as he went to go look for a pen, much to the amusement of the old man, he stopped and asked the old man something. "It's a boarding school."

 

  "Yes. I knew that."

 

  "That's why you have been acting weird isn't it." He accused. "I am old Hikari, as you so flamboyantly tell me all the time, it has been getting harder and harder to do the things I have previously done before with ease. In short I'm dieing Hikari."

 

  Hikari felt sick of all the things he thought would, could happen to the old man, death was never one of them. He seemed like a star forever constant in the the sky. 'But I guess even stars die at some point.' He mused. "Ojii-san are you seriously going to die?" Hikari was freaking out, the only person he had ever known was going to die? Just like that! He knew he was probobly as old the pyramids- 'I may be old but I can still beat you into the ground!' Oh Yeah! I'd like to see you try, I technically don't even exist! So that means you must be senile as well as old, so nya! Anyway back to the story- but he couldn't die, it just wasn't something that happened, like people having common sense in horror movies!

 

  "Naw I'm just messing with ya." Wait what? "I'm not really dieing I'm perfectly fine I just want some alone time at the house for the first time in fourteen years and this is the best way for me to do it."

 

  "Whaa?" Was his very intellegent answer. Don't worry kid I'm as confused as you and I'm supposed to be knowlegeable with everything. "You were really joking?" Hikari questioned.

 

  "Yup." Complete nonchalance people.

 

  "Ojii-san I'm going to have to kill you now." Anybody else scared at how calm he's acting?

 

  "Well of course Hikari I- wait what? No, no stay away from me!" Eventually the paper did get signed after Hikari gave the old man a thorough reveiw of his elite training as an Exorcist.

 

-Flash back end-

 

  'I still can't believe Ojii-san did that.' Hikari then bravely walked up to the office to what could possible be his death... or maybe not? Who knows it'll probobly be in the next chapter. Bye!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 InkAngelXIII


Author's Note

InkAngelXIII
Eh I think it could be better but what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it. ExSpecially your breakage of the fourth wall.

Posted 11 Years Ago


(YAY! It's up!) I liked it a lot! XD I love how you're conversing with the characters, very humorous! XD

I look forward to know what happens to Hikari in the next chapter and what will happen while he is at Spirit Academy ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

Keep it up~
=^-^=
InkAngelXIII

11 Years Ago

I'm glad you like it-XD- I wanted to do something original or at least somewhat not done often, and .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2012
Last Updated on November 24, 2012


Author

InkAngelXIII
InkAngelXIII

Ellendale, ND



About
I am Ink! I am all things good and nerdy, and not so good and devious! I like computers, games, and junk food. I dislike very few things actually. Except doing dishes. I hate dishes. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII