Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII
"

Hikari goes to school... poor kid.

"
  Hikari snapped his eyes wide open breathing heavy, after a little bit he calmed down. "Sigh another one..." He had recently been having odd dreams, each one the same as the last.

 

  Getting up, groaning, he went to the bathroom to wash his face. Splashing water on himself he looked at the doppelganger within the mirror. They were the same, same white, naturally spiked, hair, same gold skin, even the same sunset orange colored eyes. His eyes were an oddity even by Monsuta standards. Most had human, red, or gold eyes. Never were they orange.

 

  Shaking his head, flinging water everywhere, he dried off his face, and went to go get dressed. They were expected to wear a school uniform everday except on holidays. The standard uniform was a buttoned up white shirt, black vest, a black or dark colored tie, black or brown shoes, and black slacks or shorts for boys. If needed one could wear a black school issued jacket. It was pretty much the same for girls exept they wear skirts... actually the guys could too, but they typically don't.

 

  Hikari chuckled softly I am funny arn't I? 'You are. but you shouldn't let that go to your head." Heh, jokes on you I don't have a head!' Shaking his own, Hikari put on a white shirt, long sleeved due to the fact it was now Autumn, a vest some slacks and his black shoes. Not wanting a black tie he decided to put on a dark navy blue one.

 

  Having got dressed he tossed his black, school issued, backpack. He was now ready for the day. Pulling out his schedule he glanced at it,

 

Monday, Wednesday, Friday

 

 8:30-9:50 Monsuta history

 

 10:00-10:15 Free period

 

 10:15-11:35 advanced P.E.

 

 11:45-12:20 Lunch

 

 12:30-2:00 Seals

 

 

Tuesday, Thursday

  

8:30-9:50 Alchemy 


10:00-10:15 Free period

 

10:15-11:35 Enchanted smithing

 

11:45-12:20 Lunch

  

12:30-2:00 Runes

 

  Since today was Wednesday his first class was Monsuta history. Sighing he dragged his feet to first period.

 

~*~

 

 

  Hikari was bored out of his mind. He was never one for non-physical lessons even when Ojii-san taught him about the history of Exorcists it wasn't this bad, this was just plain ridiculous! 'What. The. Crap. This is maddening! He isn't even teaching us anything, he's just droning on and on about the goblin-fairy wars' Having given up on the teacher, Mr. Grimm, he laid his head down on his desk to try and catch up on some lost sleep.

 

 

~Dream~

 

  A man with white hair just like Hikari's had his back to him, surrounded by clouds and the wind. He was wearing white torn up clothes, that billowed in the wind. On his left shoulder was a gleaming, silver pauldron. On his right arm was a silver gauntlet, going all the way up to his elbow. Silver boots finished the image of the man. He was facing the setting sun, that threw glowing hues of orange and pink across the clouds, when he started turning. As soon as Hikari was about to see his face, a bright flash of white light exploded into his vision.

 

~Dream End~

 

  A slam interupted his dreaming and Hikari bolted up and looked around trying to determin the source of the threat. "Ahem." Freezing at that sound and the sound of others in the class laughing at him he moved his gaze upward to the tall dark figure beside his desk. "Mr. Akuma are you sleeping in my class?"

 

  "Sorry sir, I havn't been getting much sleep lately." Hoping he would understand, Hikari replied honestly.

 

  "Well then, maybe you can catch up on sleep in detention!"

 

  Hikari's eyes went wide. "Wha- But sir! I didn't mean too."

 

  Grimm's slate grey eyes hardened. "If you continue to argue with me I can give you two dententions, if you wish?"

 

  The white haired boy just looked down and mumbled, "No sir."

 

  "That's what I thought. Now class, who can tell me what group was responsable for the latest win against the goblin menace?"

 

  A hand shot up into the air. "Yes, Mr. Regium."

 

  "The latest win was the Resistance against a horde of goblins. I believe it was around a month and a half ago, give or take."

 

  "Bravo, now class..."

 

  Hikari tuned him out to look at the boy that had answered the question so fast. He was a slender boy, nearly feminine in apearance. He had sleek pitch black hair, going down to his shoulders. He wore glasses with silver frames. Behind them were violet eyes. The very same as the girl he met yesterday! Looking closer he noticed the boy was rather pale like her too. Could they be realated?

 

~After class~

 

  Hikari left the class, glad to leave. His first class of the first day and he screwed up. Sighing and just wanting a quiet place to relax he set off against the hordes of students trying to get to their next class. Feeling some one grab his arm and lead him through the mass of people, Hikari was led to a empty classroom.

 

  "You're Hikari Akuma, right?"

 

  Looking at his captor Hikari saw it was the boy from before. Now up close he saw the brunette was a few inches taller than he was.

 

  "Yeah I'm Hikari. Who are you?" What did he want?

 

  The boy smiled and pushed up his glasses. "I am Viktor Regium, nice to meet you."

 

  A little unsure about him Hikari held up his hand for Viktor to shake. "Nice to meet you too. I don't mean to be rude, but why are you here?"

 

  Laughing lightly Viktor shook his hand and gestured to walk with him. "Yeah, I can see where you get off asking that. You see my sister told me about you." Sister? Did he mean that girl from the office? "So I came to apologise on her behalf. She can be a bit... crazy sometimes."

 

  "Er, I'm not quite sure I know who exactly you're talking about."

 

  The boy slapped his hand to his forehead and shouted. "Ah! Of course, I probably should have told just who was my sister shouldn't I!" He chuckled at himself. "My sister is the girl you 'didn't' eavesdrop on yesterday."

 

  Hikari's face turned red from embarrassment as he babbled out half baked explanations. Viktor stared at him, amused before he finally stopped the poor Exorcist. "It's all right. You don't have to freak out y'know. Anyway I wanted to know if you wanted me to show you around?"

 

  Hikari wasn't sure what to make of this boy. He seemed nice enough, a bit cocky, but unbearably so, Seeing no malicious intent, or lies in his eyes, Hikari smiled. "Sure, it wouldn't hurt to have a friend in a new place."

 

  Viktor laughed and gave a grin. "That's nice to hear. If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing yesterday?"

 

  Hikari explained he had heard a shouting match before he went in and didn't want to interupt. "What was she yelling about anyway? I heard something about a transfer, but that was it."

 

  Viktor shook his head and told him, "Me and Erika, my sister, are vampires. A while before a vampire's optimum mate is going to be crossing into their lives, a vampire gets a feeling. Not sure what this is like, but Erika wouldn't come out of her room for a long time. After she finally came out she rushed to the office and the rest you know."

 

  This made Hikari confused. "But that still doen't explain why she wanted a transfer."

 

  "You are correct. My guess is that Erika knew how this person was going to come into her life and she didn't want to be there when it happened."

 

  That still didn't make sense. "Why would she want to avoid her optimum mate? Wouldn't she prefere to meet him?"

 

  Viktor grimaced. "Well. . . yes and no. You see, imagine this: you've been told you are to marry someone you don't know-already an unfavorable situation-not only that, but this person could be anything. Male, female, ugly, beautiful, old or young. Not very enticing is it?"

 

  "No I suppose not."

 

  "Well that's what Erika had to go through. All that angst and anxiety, that'll put a girl in a bad mood. That's why I wanted to apologise to you."

 

  Hikari's eyes softened. This girl's life mate could be horrid and he begrudged her for it. "Hey, hey! No emo-ness allowed! C'mon I know what'll cheer you up."

 

  Viktor dragged Hikari out into the coutyard where students were hanging out by the edge of the woods. The whole school was surrounded by woods so that didn't really change much of the scenery. There were woods everywhere in Maine.

 

  Viktor went passed the students and straight into the forest, towing along Hikari. Hikari had been into woods before, but that was in Japan with Ojii-san. Dashing through the trees and trying to not slip on the fallen leaves They burst out into a clearing.

 

  "Well what do you think?" Viktor held out his arms in a grand gesture. Hikari looked around it was a large clearing that looked similar to a training ground Ojii-san had at his estate. A wide space, a stream nearby by the sounds of it. Some dents in the trees signified they were used as punching bags. A couple of small craters here and there made it seem like the perfect training ground. Hikari said this to Viktor out loud.

 

  "Yeah, It's great isn't it? I come here all the time to relieve some stress. You wouldn't believe how soothing beating the crap out of a tree is." Viktor stood next to Hikari, looking at it proudly. "I built this place. Pretty cool huh?"

 

  Hikari stared at him in awe. "No way, there is no way you could have built this place."

 

  "It's true, I swear on my undead life! Originally the space was much smaller, so after some good ol' lumberjacking I made it as awesome as it is today."

 

Viktor smirked at the white haired boy. "You can come here to let off steam if you want." 


Hikari's only response was a grin.

 

~On the way to class~

 

  "So what do you have next?"

 

  Hikari ruffled through his backpack and foun his schedule. "Uh... Advanced P.E. with Coach Dynami."

 

  Viktor nodded. "He's a pretty cool guy. Awesome teacher, I have him on my Tuesday third period."

 

  "What are you two doing?" A new voice snapped them out of their pity party. "You guys should be going to class, if you don't hurry up you'll be late."

 

  "S-sis!" Viktor turned rigid at the sight of Erika.

 

  "Viktor, we have to go. Who is this?" She crossed her arms and had a no-nonsense face.

 

  "Erika this is Hikari. Hikari, my sister Erika." Viktor introduced them to each other. 


Realization dawned on Erika's face. "You're the one that spied on me!" She scowled at Hikari.

 

  "I-I didn't mean to. It just sorta happened." The Exorcist grew nervous and hid behind Viktor.

 

  Erika's eyes went cold. "Whatever, Viktor we have to go." With that she turned around and left. 


Viktor sighed. "Sorry about that. Anyway I have to go, I'll see you at lunch okay?" Viktor ran after his sister and left Hikari alone.

 

  "Might as well get this overwith."

 

~The Gym~

  

  "Okay munchkins, we're staring a new game today." Dimitri Dynami was a big man. He was tall, probably six and a half feet. Pretty bulky too, was about as muscular as a professional wrestler. Shaggy blonde hair, and crimson eyes set the picture. He was probably a daemon.

 

  "We're gonna be doing archery for a few weeks, so if anybody if interested, the school team is holding tryouts on the 8th." Making sure everyone was paying attention he continued. "Now most people think that archery is as simple as draw, point, and let go. This is not true. Archery is very complex and it is my job to teach you. I will hand out bows and a set of five arrows each."

 

  Eventually the class was settled and started firing. Hikari couldn't help but be nervous. The Exocist was trained for combat, he could hit a bullseye from 200 feet... with kunai or shurikan. Ojii-san didn't think that learning to use a bow was important when one could assassinate using senbon needles.

 

  Swallowing, Hikari stepped up prepared his bow. Shakily he drew an arrow and notched it, pulling back the string. The feather tickling his cheek, Hikari let it fly.

 

THWAK!

 

  All motion stopped in the gym. The entire class stared at his arrow. Even Dynami had stopped trying to sperate a group of rowdy boys to look. The arrow had flown swift, and powerful. It was sunk two inches into the wall... nearly two feet above the target.

 

~Lunch~

 

  Hikari had fled as soon as the bell rang for the end of class. He changed out of his grey P.E. shirt and dark purple shorts and ran outside before anyone could question him.

 

  Miserable and just wanting to disapear the white haired teenager trudged to the cafeteria. About to get in line for some food, Hikari realised he had no money on him. He hadn't packed any and didn't think to ask Ojii-san for some. 'I am screwed. I'm hungry, I have no money, I have dentention after school, and I suck at aiming a bow.' Hey, now that's not true. You'll also probably be a laughing stock at missing the target so much. '

 

  Hikari sweatdropped. 'That doesn't help but thanks anyway.' Sighing he decided to wander around the campus for half an hour. Taking a break from walking Hikari sat on one of the many benches and set down his backpack. Just relaxing, the sun shining on his face he thought about his dreams. 'Who is that man? I keep having the same dream about him. Why?'

 

  As he continued his thoughts a shadow blocked the sun from his face. "Heh, took you long enough to find me I thought you'd never come." He joked with Viktor.

 

  "Eh? You were expecting me? Are you a phsychic or something?" Not hearing the vampire's deep voice Hikari snapped open his eyes. Blocking the sun was a girl with an ash colored spiky pony tail, and sapphire eyes.

 

  Jumping up Hikari quickly replied, "No sorry, I thought you were some one else." She must have been around his age, the girl was a couple inches shorter than he was and, Hikari himself wasn't short by any means. Last time he checked he stood at 5'9.

 

  The girl raised a delicate eyebrow. "Okay if you say so. My name is Alyss, Alyss Lykou."

 

  Hikari introduced himself and asked her, "Why are you dressed like that?" She was wearing the white shirt, but it was untucked, and shorts with a belt. No shoes, or socks. 

 

  Alyss answered, "I'm an animal shifter. When I change into certain animals, well..." She trailed off with a blush. Shaking her head she continued, "Anyway, I was about to ask, what are you doing here?" 

 

  This didn't sit well with Hikari. "Why? Should I not be here?" 

 

  "No I guess you can be here. Not a lot of people come here though." 

 

  "Why not?"

 

  "Because I usually hang out here." Seeing he didn't get it Alyss elaborated for Hikari. "Like I said before, I'm a shifter. Most people don't want to go anywhere near me." 

 

  That's right, shifters were seen as dangerous due to the fact they were very instinctual beings. If they lost control in an animal form they'd go berserk. Hikari picked up his backpack, and started walking away. Alyss figured he was a jerk like the rest, and prepared to leave in anger.

 

  Hikari stopped a few feet away and started speaking, "Eh, what a dumb reason. If they aren't freinds with you just 'cause you're a shifter, then that's their loss. I, for one, would like to be your friend, so what do you say?" He smiled kindly, and held out his hand to her, his back to the sun giving him an ethereal glow.

 

  Turning back, she stared at him in disbelief. 'It wouldn't be so bad to have a friend after so long, but what if he...' Her thoughts trailed off as she grit her teeth and growled at him, "I don't need your pity! I'm just fine on my own." 

 

  Hikari looked at her understanding what she meant. "I'm not giving you any. I want to be friends because I don't have many friends myself. I just wanted to add you to the, admittedly short, list."

 

  Thinking it through the shifter walked forward and grabbed his hand. "All right I'll place my trust in you. If you break it..." She squeezed his hand with incredible strength, close to crushing it. "...I'll break you."

 

  "Good to know." Hikari pulled his hand back and nursed it, giving her a pained smile.

 

 

 



© 2013 InkAngelXIII


Author's Note

InkAngelXIII
It took longer than the others, but it's also longer in length. What do you guys prefer? Takes less time, but is short, or takes longer, but is a bigger chapter.
Oh and I'm having a contest, well two, kind of.
First one, I have a very specific reference in there if you can find it, and what it refrences I'll tell you a secret about the book.
Second, on Devianart you can draw a scene of this chapter, can be any of them, once finished post the link on a review or message it to me. Winner gets a secret of the book too, but it's a different one.
Enjoy!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hehe good job, just keep going! I with you all the way;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


InkAngelXIII

11 Years Ago

^_^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Added on November 24, 2012
Last Updated on April 20, 2013


Author

InkAngelXIII
InkAngelXIII

Ellendale, ND



About
I am Ink! I am all things good and nerdy, and not so good and devious! I like computers, games, and junk food. I dislike very few things actually. Except doing dishes. I hate dishes. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII