A normal day

A normal day

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII
"

A regular day in the life of Alex Salvator.

"
A girl sat at her desk bored out of her mind. She wasn't very interested in school. Though most wouldn't be surprised considering she looked like a delinquent. Her black hair was cut just shy of her shoulders. Her eyes were an odd ash mauve colour. She wore a white t-shirt under an unzipped black short sleeved hoodie, that ended at her ribcage. She had on black skinny jeans, and black and white hightop converse.

Barely paying attention to the teacher as it was she turned to the left and looked out the window. The trees were beautiful reds oranges and yellows. It was starting to get colder as the days went. Meaning Thanksgiving break wasn't too far off.

"Miss Salvator." A voice interrupted her musings.

"Hmm?" She raised an eyebrow in question.

It was the teacher who called on her. He was an older man. Probably in his mid forties, black hair turning gray and horn rimmed glasses, around 5'10 slightly chubby with age. His name was Micheal Hancock. No relation to the man who signed the declaration of independance.

He set his jaw at her disrespect and pointed to the board. "Would you mind telling us what was the meaning behind the Montague servant biting his thumb at the Capulet servant?"

Miss Salvator looked the board only to receive no clues to the answer. So she decided to wing it and hope she was right.

"He was basically flipping him off?" She asked more than answered.

Based on the muscle that jumped in his jaw, she inwardly cringed at getting the wrong answer. And perhaps another detention.

"Yes, well that is the correct answer." She cheered on the inside at this. "However," He gave her a stern look. "Please pay attention in my class."

Giving a nod she didn't really mean; the raven haired girl once again stared out the window.

Not soon enough the bell rang and class was over. The teacher gave homework instruction as everyone packed up and left. "Re-read what we went over and write down your thoughts about it. I expect everyone to have at least a paragraph to turn in tomarrow." He shifted his gaze the black haired girl standing up. "Alex," He called her, "You stay."

The ravenette groaned and stood by the teacher's desk as everyone else left for whatever it is they do after school.

Once the classroom was empty, besides himself and Alex, the teacher took off his glasses and placed them neatly in front of him. He looked up at her with greyish blue eyes. "Your grades in this class are slipping. It is not from your lack of learning, but your lack of attention."

Alex resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Sorry Mr. Hancock, I'll try to do better."

Hancock gave her an exasperated look and shook his head. "I guess that's all I can ask for." He waved her off. "You may go."

(=^_^=)

Alex lived rather close by. Only a couple blocks away, but she didn't want to spend any moment more at school than she had to. So she walked home quickly.

She stopped in front of her house to check the mail. Nothing. Glancing at her home she couldn't help but feel nostalgic. The house itself was a stormy grey. The window sills painted white. Her roof was a darker grey than the rest of her home.

It wasn't an overly large house. It had four bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. Add on a basement, a living room, a modest kitchen, and a small dining room and she was pretty much all set.

She took her keys from her pocket and opened the door. Out of habit Alex took her shoes off by the front door. She placed her backpack on the table in the dining room and went down the hallway to enter the living room. She flopped onto her couch and grabbed the remote.

Turning on the flat screen she got for Christmas, she flopped through the channels until she found something interesting. Stopping on a specific show she smiled. Ankle was always her guilty pleasure. Especially Black Butler. Sadly her beloved show was not on. Instead a marathon of Aquarion Genesis. Placing the remote down she watched with interest.

Once camercials started she got up and went to the kitchen table. Opening her backpack Alex pulled out a leaf of paper. Glaring at the homework she decided to simply get it over with so the raven haired girl could to back to the show. Writing things down like, 'Tybalt is annoying.' And, 'Romeo is an emo that sucks at love.' She completed it quickly.

Stuffing it back she tried to hurry before commercials ended. Catching it just in time to watch Apollo merge Aquarion. Grinning she watched, entranced by the excellent story line.

A few hours later Alex turned off the Tv with tears in her eyes. "Man the ending always gets me." She rubbed her eyes and yawned. Looking at the clock on the satellite box it read, 10:30. Getting off the couch she stumbled up the stairs and went into her room.

Her room wasn't extravagant. A poster of Sebastian and Ciel, a cherry dresser was it besides her bed. Slipping out of her jeans Alex put on a pair of plaid, green, pajama pants and fell face first onto her bed. Manuvering around the purple eyed girl snuggled under her white comforter, and drifted asleep.



© 2013 InkAngelXIII


Author's Note

InkAngelXIII
Me trying to do a story without a prologue, so please be gentle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

First things first, I love Alex. Black Butler for the win!!!! XD Now, anime issues aside, I loved the whole chapter. The details were great and the pacing was excellent. I can't wait to read more. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love your flow, it all goes together really well! I would like to point out you misspelled commercials though, but no worries I would be lost with out my spell-check! :) going to read the next chapter now! Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 10, 2013
Tags: Alex, Wonderland, Heart, Soul


Author

InkAngelXIII
InkAngelXIII

Ellendale, ND



About
I am Ink! I am all things good and nerdy, and not so good and devious! I like computers, games, and junk food. I dislike very few things actually. Except doing dishes. I hate dishes. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII