Getting To Know You pt. 4

Getting To Know You pt. 4

A Chapter by Careless Whispers ._.
"

dis one is about another one of the characters, Bradley

"

Bradley Rodgers

Age:17

From: Ouray, Colorado

     The silence in the my house was disturbed by the RiNg A LiNg of my phone. I rolled over and looked at it tiredly. I smiled. The name plastered across the bright screen said "Baby" with a smiley face and three hearts. I answered it and heard the voice of my girlfriend on the other line.

      "S.H.I.T!!!!" She yelled and started giggling.

     "You sound wide awake," I mumbled back then thought for a while. "But babe...why such fowl language? Haha."

     "It means So Happy Its Thursday...or Tuesday. Whatever day it is hehe." Her name is Paris. We have been dating for almost 10 months. She was one of the "Popular" kids and I...well I was that one kid in class that didn't do any work, didn't talk to anyone, or didn't really have any friends. You know, that one that the only time you heard me talk was when role was called. But after we had began dating, I got more friends, always did my work, and talked all the time now. The teachers had loved the change in my attitude, even if we were a rather odd couple.

         "But Paris...its not Tuesday, or Thursday either." He said as he got up and checked his clock. "Its Saturday, in fact."

   "I know!" and she giggled again. She's so giddy in the morning He thought. "Hey, text me...I'm not supposed to have my phone right now, but I couldn't help not talking to you for a day." she whispered to me, I could barely hear her.

     "Aww, okay I'll text you then. Love you." I replied.

      "Love you too." she whispered and then there was a click and the line went dead. So I did what she said and texted her. Then I looked at the time in my alarm clock...it was 10:04. Not even a minute later, I got a text back.

     I walked into the living room and my two sisters were in there, 10 year old Auburn and 21 year old Ashlee. They were reading out of one of those magazines where Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift was on the front. I read Paris' text and responded as quick as I could without smiling. 

      Then I walked into the kitchen and heated up one of those breakfast corn dogs. Then I heard my phone go off and I texted back as quick as I could. I sat down and began to eat, minutes later I finished. 

    With my phone going off every few minutes, Auburn and Ashlee kept staring at me. I would just smile stupidly every time and turn right back around.

    That day was starting out Wonderful....but then Paris started getting jealous. 

       It all started with Ashlee. She grabbed my phone when I was in the bathroom and replied to her text saying "Hey gurl, its ASHLEE!!!!" and that just set her off. I told her that she was my sister and she told me to send a picture of Ashlee. Well, Ashlee doesn't really look like me. She had just got back from her beach vacation in Santa Cruz so she got quite tan. The only trait that we really share is probably our eyes. But Paris thought I'm making all of this up, that this is all just sh.it and that I'm cheating on her with my own sister!!!

    When I sent her the picture, that's EXACTLY what she said, except instead of 'my own sister' she put 'that little w***e'.

   "Don't you dare call my sister a w***e!!" I texted back. All in CAPITALS, I made my point.

 

                            Its very hard to fight over text...

 

   She responded with "Okay, okay. Lets calm down...Bradley I love you and I'm not in the mood to fight right now so can we just forget this?"

   "Oh, no. Not this time. You always say that little line and then I go crawling back. Not this time. You can accuse me of cheating all you want, but you DO NOT call my sister a w***e!!!" She pissed me off. I was not going to just let this go like all of our other fights.

   "Bradley, I don't want to do this..."

  "Well, too bad!! I'm pissed!! You're a little as.shole..." I was really mad, and anything she says now is just going to make it worse.

    I waited about 5 minutes and no answer. My mom walked into the room, took one look at Ashlee and said just about the meanest thing I ever heard her say: "Ashlee, why don't you go to the gym today? You seem to be...a little more...puffy than usual..."

    None of us couldn't believe it, especially Ashlee. "Mom...what do you mean puffy?" I think she knew what she was talking about, but she wanted to see where she was going with this.

    "I mean...you're getting really lazy. You seem to be gaining weight. All you seem to drink is water. I mean, you're so lazy, you won't even go out and drink with your friends!!" Wow, she went there.

    Auburn and I looked at Ashlee. Tears were forming in her eyes quickly. "You know why I don't go party? You know why I only drink water and eat good foods? You know why I'm gaining weight?!?! DO YOU?!?!?!? Its because I'M PREGNANT!! I was keeping it a surprise, but I guess I can't without being called lazy!"

       SHOCK OF THE CENTURY! ASHLEE WAS PREGNANT?!?

    "How far along?" I asked.

    Ashlee looked at me. "About seven and a half months."

   "Isn't there supposed to be a bump at about 4 months or so?' Auburn asked. For a 10 year old, she knew more than me.

    "Yeah...the doctor said that its a boy, and he's a lot more smaller than he should be. In fact, they said he might not even live past a month...if he makes it out." She could hardly get the words out. Me and Auburn got up and hugged her tight, it seemed to last forever, but not long enough.

     "Honey, I'm sorry..." Now she was sorry, I don't think my mom saying sorry was going to cut it.

      My mom ran over and hugged all three of us. And for a long time,  we were just a big glob and love and tears.

 

     About 10 minutes later after the big shock and there was still no answer from Paris, but there was a knock on the door. It made my cat, Butter, jump up and fall off the couch. Ashlee opened it to two guys standing there. One with tattoos and tan pants and a red shirt. The other guy looked like a business guy who tries to have swag...or he was blind. He had a suit and sunglasses on.

   "Is Bradley Rodgers home?" One of them asked Ashlee. 

    "Uhhh...yeah...Bradley!!" She called. I was right behind her...

    "I'm right behind you," I said, then looked at the two men. "Yes?"

    "Get your stuff together, pack up for a couple of days or so...maybe a week, say good bye to your family-you won't be seeing them for a while. And hurry, you only have 15 minutes." the one in the suit said. He had a voice like a cartoon character. Don't ask questions, just go, we will explain it to you on the way."

    "Uhh...ok?" And I ran into my room and grabbed my empty backpack. Well...I thought it was mine. I packed some clothes for any conditions, some deodorant, some Axe, and my secret stash of m&ms, granola bars, snickers, butterfingers, and 2 energy drinks.

    "Hey Ash! What else could I bring?" I shouted.

    "Toothbrush!?!" she asked. I ran into the bathroom and packed my toothbrush. Then back into my room to change out of the rachet clothes I was in.

   Not paying attention, I put on a red shirt and tan pants, along with my black converse.

  I walked into the living room and Auburn pointed out the fact that A: I matched the guy at the door and B: I grabbed her pink and purple floral bag. But I wasn't going to empty it out and reveal my stash.

    "Oh well," I told her. Then I checked my phone for Paris. Still no answer.

    It took about 5 minutes to say bye to everyone, the longest hug was Ashlee. When I left, they led me into this silver-ish van with 3 other kids. They took my bag and I walked in. They looked at me then went back to doing what they were doing or looking at what they looking at. I sat down and texted my mom and Ashlee; "I love you...and I can't wait for the baby to come :)" for the last time in a long time...

  



© 2013 Careless Whispers ._.


Author's Note

Careless Whispers  ._.
yeah haha sorry if they take so long ;D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on June 21, 2013
Last Updated on June 22, 2013
Tags: Bradly, Rodgers, getting, to. know, you, part, 4, first, soul, characters


Author

Careless Whispers  ._.
Careless Whispers ._.

Where All The Critics Seem To Live, CA



About
I'm awesome. Hahaha but its true...My name is Elyssa LeClair. I am a 13 year old and more..

Writing