Getting To Know You pt. 5

Getting To Know You pt. 5

A Chapter by Careless Whispers ._.
"

This one is about the character named Guadalupe

"

Guadalupe Johnston

Age: 17

From: Sandoval, New Mexico

    Are quinceaneras supposed to last until 4am? No, honestly, are they? I've never been to one except last night, my friend Leah's little sister, Gloria had hers. She's 3/4 mexican and she gets one and I'm 5/6 mexican and I don't even get one!! Ugh...

      So even though the party ended at four in the morning, and I stumbled into my room, filled with tacos and tamales and my legs barely moving from dancing all night...and early morning. I changed out of my fancy dress and into a t-shirt and shorts that stopped about halfway up my thigh, took out the flower clip in my hair and plopped on my bed, passed out almost instantly.

...

 

 

 

 

       I woke up at God knows what time but I know it was before ten. The minute I sat down in my kitchen with some arroz con leche my mom had made before the quinceanera, Leah called me. So I kinda had to answer because when I don't, she won't stop calling and leaving stupid voicemails and then when I actually do answer...she yells at me... So I did. I walked into my room arroz con leche in one hand, phone in the other, my finger pressing the "ANSWER" button on my phone. I closed the door since everyone else was asleep, sat down, and began to eat.

        "Hello?" I answered, my mouth full so it kinda sounded like "Hewo?"

     There was a silence and I wondered if she just like butt dialed me or something, but then I heard, "Wow...you're awake..."

     "Yeah...I know I didn't go to sleep until like five o'clock but for some reason I'm like wide awake." I answered.

     "What is wrong with you?!?!" She sounded disgusted, emphasizing on the word wrong.

    "Speak for yourself you hypocrite!" I laughed.

    "Is anyone else in you house awake?" Leah the little t**d asked me.

    "No. You?" I licked the rest of the mexican dish out of my bowl.

    "No," It sounded like she was in the bathroom, or in the echo-y corner of her room. "Why?"

    What the...? "I-you-bu-ah-WHAT? You asked me!!" She is so random!

    "I know." Leah tried to say without a giggle, I could tell.

   Time seemed to fly by, as my best friend and I talked on the phone, from something really serious to our weird dreams to match maker to talking about our grandma's socks.

    I slowly heard my family members wake up. From my dog, to my little sister and baby brother, my parents, and my older sister. By the time we had to go, my phone was on about 37% and it was already 2:21.

    I walked into the living room to my family staring absent minded at the tv while my mom watched her Novelas-with the English captions on for us kids, who spoke barely any Spanish.

    "Morning mi familia!!" I shouted.

    A chorus of "Morning" from my family, not looking away from the screen for a second...except my dad. He stood up and gave me a hug. "Morning meja," he spoke, still half asleep.

    Just then there was a knock at the door, my dad went to answer it, but I went into my room to get a hair tie and put my hair up. I looked into the mirror and sighed. Last night, my hair was in big curls that fell beautifully onto my shoulders and down to slightly before my hips. But now the curls were all fu.cked up and even me brushing it out didn't help, but I still put in the pony tail.

    My older sister, Silvia, burst into my room. "Lupe!! Pack up!! Like the time when we went to Oregon to Grandma's farm for a month!!" She seemed to be in a rush.

    "What? Silvia, why?" I was so confused. Was this another "surprise" trip to Grandma's farm to spend about 4 weeks shoveling horse sh.it?

     "Just, go!! You have no time!" She shouted then slammed the door.

    Just in case she wasn't joking and I really had "no time" I rushed and packed my backpack until it could barely zip up. I grabbed what you would usually grab; clothes, a brush, toothbrush, etc.

    I came into the living room with my backpack and flip flops on. "Papa, what's going on?" I asked. I looked at the door and there were two men standing there. One with a suit and another buff dude with a red shirt.

    "I don't know, Lupe, but these guys say that we won't be seeing us for a while. Good bye meja." My padre spoke slowly and hugged me. I hugged the rest of my family along with good byes and kisses and tears trying to be held back.

     "Lets go," The guy with the suit said. And us three walked to the end of my lawn to a gray van. They took my stuff and opened the back, where 4 other kids were sitting there, keeping to themselves. I sat down in between this guy with black hair and a girl with brown hair. The two men shut the door and began to drive off.

        I texted Leah, my sister, and both my parents; "I don't know where im going, but when I find out, I promice I'll tell you. I love you." For the last time in a long time...



© 2013 Careless Whispers ._.


Author's Note

Careless Whispers  ._.
hope you like!! :D lol review plzz

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013
Tags: getting, to, know, you, part, 5, five, character, intro, mexican, girl, first, soul, Guadalupe, Johnston


Author

Careless Whispers  ._.
Careless Whispers ._.

Where All The Critics Seem To Live, CA



About
I'm awesome. Hahaha but its true...My name is Elyssa LeClair. I am a 13 year old and more..

Writing