The Unpretenders - Chapter 27

The Unpretenders - Chapter 27

A Chapter by Innerspace

The whole notion of zipping around the galaxy in a spaceship was "quaint," according to Julian, and "founded on backwards human thinking." For it appeared that space, like time, was nothing more than an illusion within consciousness. And, as such, it wasn't actually necessary to travel any distance at all in order to go somewhere. "Everything in the universe exists right here," he explained. Which immediately got me thinking about the Intronium and how it might be used to experience other worlds.


"I'd like to see Shanala Five," I told him, "if that's possible."


But apparently Julian had another planet in mind; one that he felt would inspire me even more. And so, the next morning, we all entered the chamber and allowed him to take us there, in his mind. I immediately realised that something was different, however, because unlike my previous experiences in the Intronium, this one appeared to be real. That is to say, the environment was just like physical reality. I could even smell the flowers and feel the warmth of the sun on my body. "No way!" shrieked Isobel, as she wrapped her arms around a nearby tree trunk. "It's actually solid."


"Not really," said Julian, bursting her bubble. "No more than dream objects are solid, or the objects that we use every day. It's really nothing more than the experience of solidity; a sensation occurring within consciousness."


"Mere technicalities," she replied, dismissively.


The unspoilt landscape reminded me of Switzerland, or perhaps New Zealand: lots of rolling green hills, mountains, trees, lakes and beautiful carpets of wildflowers. There appeared to be a small village in the valley below, which we began walking towards. Not that we were actually covering any distance, of course, but the illusion of movement was totally convincing.


"I suddenly feel over-dressed," said Isobel, spotting one of the villagers. The young man in question appeared to be practising something like Tai Chi, and didn't have any clothes on.


"At least we know they're human," I said, with a grin. "Shame. I was kind of hoping to encounter some aliens."


"You'll notice that the architecture is distinctly alien though," said Julian.


"Can they see us?" I asked him.


"They can neither see us nor hear us. They can, however, detect our physical interaction with their environment, so please be careful what you touch. And, for heaven's sake, try not to bump into any of them!"


Eventually I turned my attention to the dwellings themselves, which were almost conical in shape, like huge white eggs, half submerged in the ground. Each home had a profusion of circular windows, of varying size, and were linked together by a network of stone paths and tree-lined walkways. These were mostly fruit trees, it seemed, and I briefly considered helping myself to what looked like an orange. Then I remembered Julian's caution, however, and realised how disturbing it would have been for anyone to witness a piece of fruit floating along, peeling itself! So I resisted the temptation. 


The centre of the village was dominated by a single black pyramid, which stood in stark contrast to the white eggs. Julian explained that it was actually a temple, and that every community on the planet had one. "Can we go inside?" asked Isobel.


Julian nodded his approval, prompting her to run on ahead. "Thank you for this," I said, taking his arm. "For this and for everything that you've done for me. I really don't express my gratitude often enough."


"You do realise, of course..."


"That you are me, and I am you? Yes, I know. But still, I can thank my own self, can't I?"


Julian smiled and kissed me affectionately on the forehead. Arm-in-arm we then joined Isobel inside the temple.


"Who do these people worship?" she asked.


"They worship the Goddess," he informed her. "That statue over there is a symbolic representation."


"Is it solid gold?"


"Absolutely."


"It must have cost a fortune."


"Actually, it didn't cost them anything, because there's no such thing as money here."


"Then what do they use to trade with - seashells?"


"They don't trade. You see, their society is founded upon giving, sharing and using one's talents to contribute to the happiness and well-being of the whole. Nobody works, as such. They simply do whatever they love the most. Their lives, therefore, have become an ongoing and never-ending celebration of pleasure and sensuality. And why not?"


"That explains these murals," I said. "Definitely not the kinds of images that I'd have expected to find in a temple."


"The beauty of the human form is wonderfully expressed in their Scriptures. So there's no shame here - none! On this planet the word 'play' simply means to engage in intimacy. For they don't have games, as such. At least not competitive ones."


"What about competing religions, or dissenters?"


"They used to exist, but not any more. Not with the benefit of hindsight. And not in light of the what they've since accomplished."


"But they're not liberated though, are they, if they still feel the need to worship a deity?"


"It's not an obligation for them; they do it because they want to. Eventually it will come to an end, of course. But at this juncture they're still not ready to accept themselves as the Goddess."


"Is this their holy book?"


"That's right."


As I proceeded to open it up, however, I got something of a shock.


"What's the matter?"


"It's in English!"


Julian laughed. "No, it isn't. That's just the Intronium doing its thing."


"Oh, I see."


"What does it say?" Isobel enquired.


"The Book of the Eternal Blessing. In the beginning was the divine feminine, a virgin, having never received another unto herself. For there was no other. She existed alone, therefore, in isolation. Then a seed of thought appeared in her mind, which was fertilised by the stirrings of desire. This seedling moved down into her womb, where it was nourished by divine love. Thus, the Goddess became pregnant with Creation and all that was to appear in it. Shortly thereafter the world was ready to be birthed, and it emerged from the Goddess with abundant health and vitality. Now the Mother and her children were together and the One had become many. Her own desire had been satiated, however, and she saw that it was lacking in her children. So she henceforth blessed them with the gift of sexual pleasure. The first blessing. And they began to procreate and enjoy each other. But then she noticed that nourishment had become a chore for them, so she blessed her children again, this time with a sense of taste. The second blessing. Now her children were free to enjoy both food and sex to their hearts' content. A third blessing was then bestowed, giving rise to creativity and aesthetic appreciation. The fourth blessing led to the creation of musicians and the capacity to enjoy music. It also gave rise to dance. The fifth blessing allowed her children to dream, whereas before they slept unconsciously. And the Goddess kept bestowing blessings upon her children, until there were no more blessings left. She had given everything that she had to give, but it was not enough. For at this point her children became dissatisfied with their lives of pleasure and sought to create blessings of their own. Namely, individual blessings, through competition and personal achievement. Ideas made possible due to the illusion of many, but which were not supported by the Goddess. For she knew that these were not actually blessings, but curses, and that from their egoism would arise such things as pride, envy, greed, possessiveness, division, hatred, violence, corruption and social hierarchy. A descent that would spawn the need for leaders and rulers who, being of the darkness themselves, would further divide their kin, pitting one group against another, in warfare. And so the Goddess, in her wisdom, blessed her children with a warning of what would happen if they continued on their path. But because the warning was ignored, it came to pass that all of the events that the Goddess knew would happen, did in fact happen. And immense suffering was caused by the egoism of her children; suffering that many would later ascribe to the Goddess herself. The Goddess remained blameless, however, and willing to forgive those who returned to her bosom. That invitation was her final blessing. And yet there was another blessing, still to come, rising from the rivers of unjustly spilled blood; forged in the furnace of intense suffering; produced like a diamond under the immeasurable weight of history. It was nothing less than the Eternal Blessing itself, contained herein. A sacred testament for all worlds in Creation to behold, lest they also consider turning away from the Goddess; a book of ultimate light and joy, born out of ultimate darkness and despair. May all who read from these pages know that they are eternally blessed."



© 2014 Innerspace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014
Tags: spiritual, goddess, divine feminine