The War Against Jakob(W.A.J)

The War Against Jakob(W.A.J)

A Chapter by Johnny Jack
"

Chapter 5, This contains a lot of fighting in it. Sorry if it's too fast.

"

“Well it’s nice to see you too” Said Jackiller Sin.

“Jackiller, what brings you here, man it’s been such a long time since you’ve disappeared. Where did you go?” I said in one breath.

“I’ve been here since I left, thank you” Jackiller replies.

“How come you never came back or said anything to anyone?” I ask him.

“I couldn’t tell anyone and I didn’t come back because I like it here” He answers.

“Well what are you doing here” I question.

“I heard that you needed a deity to join the family of” Jackiller starts to smirk.

“Don’t tell me… You’re actually acting as a god here, I thought that you would be going in and out of the dungeon exploring and all that” I say surprised.

“I was going to do that but then I thought to myself that I should do something different for once, and it really paid off to be honest”

“Wow!!! So how many people do you have as a part of your familia?”

“None…”

“You’re joking right? You’ve been here for how long and you still don’t have anyone in your familia?”

“Calm down, calm down. You’re right I am joking, jeez, I’ve got at least 170 people in my familia”

“That’s a lot I guess”

“It’s average among well known and respected familias”

“Really? Wow, so you’re well known and respected?”

“Yes I am, think you very much”

“So…… I wouldn’t mind being under your familia, you know, since I know you and all”

“Yes you can be a part of my familia, duh. Why else would I be here”

“Good point, now what’s this thing about newcomers needing to be marked with magic runes?” I ask him.

“Oh, that. It’s not much really. It’s what allows you to level up, literally, and allows you to become stronger and better and more powerful, faster than what you could on average”

“Amazing, but what about the others?”

“I’d only accept Persain mainly because she is the best fighter out of the other two”

“What’s that supposed to mean”

“I’m so well known for having certain standards that must be met before letting someone join my familia. I am also known for the skills test I put interested newcomers through”

“So we’re going to need to go through some stupid test?”

“Not you, of course, you easily surpass all my mid level adventurers”

“So what about Persain?”

“What about her?”

“She doesn’t have to take the test, right?”

“No, she still has to take the test”

“Why would she have to take the test you jackass, she is more than qualified”

“Sorry rules are rules and you’re the one exception”

“How come I’m the one exception, huh?”

“Because you are as strong as my top 5 adventurers, Persain I’d say makes about the top 30”

“What are you talking about you’re being absurd”

“Jakob you know I’m right about this so please just stop arguing”

“E-eh...Fine”

“Now time to do something about those markings” He smiled devilishly.

“Sit down and have your back facing me”

“O-okay”

“Remove your shirt”

“Why?”

“Because I need to see your bare back in order to mark it”

“Okay”

After I take off my shirt Jackiller begins chanting something. He starts tracing things along my back while chanting still. After he stops tracing things onto my back he chants even louder and then with a clap of his hands stops. Three seconds later I feel shearing pain on my back as if it were being branded by a hot iron.

“Owwwwwwww” I yell.

Eve and the others must’ve heard me because they all came rushing down the stairs saying “What’s wrong”

“Nothing” Jackiller told them.

“You never said that it was going to hurt”

“You never asked” Jackiller replies.

“What was going to hurt?” Hate asks.

“His marking”

“What?” They all ask.

“His marking which is needed to go exploring in the dungeon” Jackiller then explains to them what I had found out from him.

“Ohhhh” They exclaim at the end of his explanation.

“Wait, what do you mean that I have to be tested?” Persain asks waspishly.

“Well…-”

“Persain you’ll be fine” I tell her confidently.

“Okay then, if you say so then I’ll do my best” Persain says peppy.

“How come we aren’t going to be taking the test?” Hate asks.

“Because I need at least two people to start planning out the remodeling of the shop and to full time employees” I offer.

“^sigh^ I guess you’re right about that. We are probably the most qualified to do such important tasks” Hate says sarcastically.

“Don’t worry I’ve already have a work schedule. I go to the shop at 8 am set everything up leave at 9 am to go to the dungeon, then come back at around 3-5 pm to work at the shop till 10-11 pm and on weekends I’ll work from 8 am all the way to 11 pm”

“Not unless I need you to go deep dungeon exploring, that is” Jackiller told me.

“Right” I reply.

“Okay, well seeing that it’s 9 pm I’m going to take Jakob with me to introduce him to his fellow adventurers and while I’m gone you should start training, Persain” Jackiller tells us.

“Fine!” Persain replies a bit stiffly.

“See you l8r” I say.

“Bye” They reply to me.

Once outside Jackiller starts walking at a fast pace through the streets. I catch up and continue to follow him. After we turn into an alleyway Jackiller tells me “Okay now listen to me closely, don’t say anything about being in other places or anything of you being a god or anything. Got it?”

“I could’ve guessed that much” I tell him.

“Okay now it shouldn’t be that much further” he said.

We continued walking through the streets until finally Jackiller says “Here we are”

I look up and see in front of me a giant building that sort of resembled a large pillar. “That’s where we’re going?” I ask

“Yup this is the place I have most of my familia living at”

“Impressive” I say.

He leads me to the front door but before opening it he tells me “Oh one thing, you need to choose one weapon from all of your weapons to make your primary weapon and you can’t summon any other weapons afterwards”

“Oh so you just drop all this on me right before I enter your building”

“Yup. And I need you to do this right now”

“What?!?!?!?!?. O-okay well” I say and then start thinking.

“Got it” I tell him and then I summon Obsidian “This one”

“Impressive”

I equip the sword to my belt and Jackiller opens the door.

Holy hell it was as if I walked into some sort of free for all deathmatch. Right after I walk through the door I already had to use Obsidian the deflect a random spear from the right. Three seconds later I disarmed some guy who charged at me, deflected three arrows, two more spears, and threw some other person into a group about to charge me. I yell over the noise to Jackiller “What the hell, You never told me that they wage war here!!!”

“Oh, this is nothing compared to when their fighting as a team. It’s much more strategized”

“Really cause from the looks of this I’d say they like to live in total chaos”

“Nope, this is the way they train. Don’t worry, anyone apart of my familia won’t die in my house. They’ll only be unconscious for a few hours, more or less”

“Real assuring. So do they usually attack people who walk in with you”

“Yes”

“Why?”

“Because they know that I only bring people in the same familia in here”

“Oh?”

“Don’t worry, They’re just waiting till everyone else gives up”

“Okay”

All the while I had to stay on constant guard to prevent anyone from rendering me unconscious.

“And now… “

“Oh no” I whisper to myself.

“Let me introduce you all to our newcomer Jakob P.K.’er”

Silence from the crowd.

“He is an official member of our familia now”

There was some commotion amongst them all.

“He is also the only one who did not have to be tested” Jackiller chips in before disappearing into some room.

There was a few final moments of silence before someone shouted “GET HIMMM!!!!!!”

That’s when all hell broke loose. I had people coming at me from all sides with axes, swords, spears, staffs, knives, daggers, bows, fists, hammers, you name it they probably had it all except guns. I take out Obsidian and get into my own fighting stance. I went all out without going berserk or entering my must win at all costs state. I was skilled enough to take on 8+ people at once with one sword. After about wave three I decided to pick up another sword to even out the odds a bit more, now being able to take on triple the amount I was able to with one. There were at least 80 people left attacking me still. I didn’t have much choice then so I began to use magic to replenish my stamina every now and then between waves. After what seemed like hours I notice that there were actually less people attacking me now. I’d say that there were about 50 people left now but just because there was a drop in the number doesn’t mean that it became any easier, now all the more skilled people were left. Some of them were mages and wizards, others seemed to be berserks, assassins, warriors, or bowmasters. Right now a group of berserks seemed to be closing in on me, all hammer users. I seethed Obsidian and pick up a nearby greataxe(A greataxe is a big and large usually double sided, like this one, battle axe). I start to use my anti arsenal battle technique to get rid of all the stupid hammers. They gave me some trouble with this, almost as if they were expecting it. It was all the same though, swing, smash, crack, repeat is all they did so it was kind of easy to predict their movements. It took like half an hour to finish them all but after that it was a strategic onslaught from the mages, wizards, and warriors and it was very well planned but not without it’s flaws. As the warriors progressed I saw chinks and gaps in their formation as the magic users stayed in the rear casting ranged spells and fortifying the fighters. That fight took a long time to finish. I had three warriors coming at me at once hacking and slashing where they could but they couldn’t seem to land a hit on me. I was simply too fast for them. As skilled as they were the first three finally failed in their attempts and then the rest were soon to follow. There was one particularly skilled wizard that gave me a pretty hard time going down. I’d say he was probably their top battle magic user but their healers had nothing next to Persain’s healing skills. The wizard was casting all types of fighting spells, lightning bolts, fire wind, ice blasts, acid splash. That last spell hit me and damn did it hurt. With that I swipe his feet out from under him and then kendo ra him into a wall. He was down for the count but now I had to deal with all the bowmasters and assassins which was pretty tough because they were all very skilled in what they did. For a while I wasn’t able to make any progress because they kept me busy with dodging attacks and deflecting arrows from every angle. Arrows would frequently graze me leaving me covered in small cuts almost every where, but the pain didn’t really bother me much. It was very slow throughout this battle, whenever the assassins came in to strike I would pick them off one by one because that’s all I could manage with everything else going on. I finally take down the last assassin and now face the entire squad of bowmasters. To try and level out the odds I close in on them to engage in close range combat but they were also skilled in hand to hand. It was a good thing that I could use magic because with all of them joining up I was starting to get my a*s kicked. With that I use a radius blast spell chanting “Hento-day-D-den” and they all go flying.

While they were still down I make haste and take them down for the count. I thought that that was the end of it but that’s when I slammed into a wall. I hit the wall with magnum impact and fall down to the floor.


© 2016 Johnny Jack


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on April 14, 2016
Last Updated on April 14, 2016
Tags: Random, Dimension 22, Chapter 5, Fighting, Fantasy, Anime


Author

Johnny Jack
Johnny Jack

Hazlet, NJ



About
I love reading books and writing stories. I'm working on a potential book and a horror story that might send chills down your spine. I hope you can tell what I can do to get better and how you like my.. more..

Writing
The Picnic The Picnic

A Chapter by Johnny Jack